• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Did I take too much oxycodone?

Donny2k

Greenlighter
Did I take too much Oxycodone/Acetaminophen?

I feel fine at the moment. Currently 4:20am, earlier yesterday at around 5pm I had to take two 5/325mg oxycodone for my leg pain (recently went through surgery and these pills were prescribed to me. Fast forward to about 1:27 am I had taken three and a half more of the 5/325mg oxycodone pills. Because I have other medication for anxiety to take that looks almost identical. But it wasn't till after I looked at the bottle that I realized it was the oxy. I'm about 265lbs. I've been taking the opiates for the last 15 or so days since surgery, 1-2 every 4-6 hours as needed. Am I in any danger? I'm scared to fall asleep... I haven't taken anything else since. Sorry if I posted in the wrong area, first timer. Also nervous!

Last edited:
so you've taken around 27mgs of oxy?
you've been taking them regularly for the past 15 days, and 27mgs of oxy isn't an awful lot, especially for someone of your size.
you'll be fine

I was kind of just nervous about taking in too much acetaminophen at once seing as how it's 325 a pop.. I don't mean to sound silly or anything I'm just not very savvy when it comes to pills.

oh, right. i mean the title of this thread is did i take too much oxycodone so i thought it was the oxy you were more concerend with.
you took around about 1950mgs of apap along with the oxy - the max daily dose of which is just under 4gs. so don't worry you're still okay.

Thank you for the prompt reply, I just changed the title as well, thanks a bunch!

Also since you mentioned your not pill savvy it might be useful to know that antianxiety medications esp things like xanax, valium, etc can interact with oxycodone increasing the sedative effects. So you might want to use extra caution if you take both it totally suck to get hurt again because your stumbling! Haha if you are concerned about apap the best thing you can do is avoid alcohol which also will greatly minimize your risks taking your oxycodone.

OP. Don't worry, you are fine.. 27mg of oxy isn't much.. not even to the opiate naïve. My first time I took 30mg, two halves of an Oxy IR 30, up the nose.. felt fantastic, and that was the only problem I got.. it felt WAY TOO AWESOME, I had never felt anything like that before, just trying Xanax, a few times before that, that was the only pill I had tried prior to oxy.. and I smoked weed everyday for like 8 years, too.. a few drinks here and there, never really cared much for alcohol thought, luckily as alcoholism runs in my fam. But, the only thing you have to worry about OP, is if you really enjoy the feeling of the oxy, and start taking it too much, like I did almost immediately after my first pill.. it completely turned my life upside down and within a month, I was sniffing/smoking at least 90-120mg of OCs, or Oxy IRs, every single day and couldn't stop, because I was both extremely mentally and physically addicted to them... it all happened so fast! just be careful of the addiction, its a sneaky cunt of an addiction.. that oxy.

I agree with addiction being the major concern. I know my family thought you get hooked on drugs by hangout in back alleys getting tar off some stretchy guy named john stfu u want this or not. But almost everyone I ever met addicted to opiates started pff using them medically as prescribed by a doctor. You might not even be using them to get high and still get hooked. Someones relative I know developed a addiction very quickly due to chronic pain so he could continue working. However, only furtger causing damage as it is labor. Leading to more.

Where I live, and when I started off using opioids, mostly oxycodone 30 IRs and OC40s, 60s, and 80s... At that time, there were 100s of "dirty doctors" in my area, who literally would "prescribe" you just about any opioid you asked for, if you just said you were in pain, even if you were faking it and they knew, and the most strict those doctors ever got(only the dirty docs or legal drug dealers), was making you bring in an MRI, which so many people I know/knew would take another persons MRI, who had back injuries, or any painful injuries/problems, and make a somewhat legit copy of it, but putting there name on the X-ray/MRI instead of the actual persons whose MRI or X-ray it was, I forget how they did it exactly but I remember being amazed att the shit they would get scripted, like 100s of oxy OC 80s, 100s of Roxy or Oxy IR 30s or 15s, along with benzos like Xanax, klonopin, valium, etc all in one visit to one of those pain clinics.. lol. It was extremely easy to get all kinds of opiates here, and because of that they were also extremely cheap, I am talking dirt cheap! It was cheaper to buy 2-3 roxy 30s or an oxy 80 than a dime bag of weed at one point... it was crazy, truly an epidemic here in south FL for quite some time...it was all over the news! until, the DEA cracked down hard on all of the fake pain clinics and dirty doctors in my area, shutting them all down and locking up all of the people affiliated with them... it made the prices pretty much 5x as expensive, and made it hard to afford.. then of course, the cheaper alternative, which is heroin, showed up and took over instead and that is basically how it went for me... just jumping on subs, then relapsing on pharm opioids/dope, then back on subs... an so on.. now I am happily taking subutex everyday, and love it.. have no desire to live the life I was living as a heroin/opioid IV addict.. it was fun at first, but not by the time I got on subs and lost too many good friends of mine from overdoses on heroin laced with fentanyl or just really strong heroin, or pharms when over done.. that scared the shit outta me, and I just bit the bullet and stuck with subs.. haven't touched heroin or anything else, in over a year.