• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Did I take too much hydrocodone? Please help

dankkush

Greenlighter
Hey,
Last night I found some old hydrocodone-acetaminophen (5-500) in my medicine drawer, so i decided to check if it's ok to take them, even though they're past their consumption date by a few years. So i took one, waited 30 minutes, didnt feel anything; took another after another 30 minutes, nothing; but then I went full retard and crushed up 5 of them, poured them in a glass filled with water and downed the whole thing. I felt fine in the beginning, kinda warm and comfortable; but later on, at like 6 am, I start to feel like im not getting enough oxygen (wasn't panicking) and that I have irregular heartbeats. When i woke up, i started throwing up what i think was blood. Six hours later, i'm feeling fine, just not 100%, and im worried that i fucked up and that i might have damaged my stomach, kidneys and/or liver.
Can someone please help???

I'm 18, weigh around 160lbs and am 6ft.

What is your previous use of hydros? Or is this the first time you took them? 35mg of hydros isn't very much but the acetaminophen is a bit much. You may of just been dope sick if this is your first time or if it's been a long time. But your history of hydro use is one thing we need to know.

It seems as though you did, but I am not a doctor or medical professional, so I wold ask a doctor, and tell him/her how much you took, what happened, and your medical history and issues. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

I hope you are doing well today.

Yeah that's quite a bit of APAP to ingest at once. It might have been all of the APAP that made you sick, or it could just be that you don't take opiates very often and just took a bit more than you should have, to the regular opiate user that isn't much hydro, but to someone with little to no tolerance for opiates it might be too much. Next time you do that, I would suggest to do a cold water extraction so you don't ingest all of that apap and just get the hydrocodone, if you do decide to do that again. Hope your ok, if not I would definitely get that checked out at a doctor, it is not a good sign if your throwing up blood. Be safe.

I think if you are vomiting blood you should see a doctor for stomach ulcers. Pre-existing low-level ulcers could have been aggravated by too much APAP. I cant imagine the dose of the APAP or hydrocodone would have resulted in so much damage on their own, though its not a healthy amount of APAP at all, and if you arent experienced with opiates 35 mg is pushing it with the hydro, as well. Be safe, and talk to a doctor, don't even mention the drugz, just say you were ill and vomited blood and get their advice.