• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants did i smoke meth? laced cigs

Don't be too hard on them....this isn't the first time I've heard or seen someone smoking cigarettes/cigarette stubs found on the ground. When I was very active into dope I used to go the ashtray at my building, take out the sometimes 50 or more half smoked stubs, empty them out and used them for tobacco in a pipe or re-rolling them (didn't want to put my mouth where someone else did). I know several addicts who have done the same thing. Cigarettes are expensive- in some states you can get a hit of dope for around the cost of a pack of cigarettes. And as we continually raise taxes on cigarettes (thinking that will make people stop smoking- it won't; if there is a tax it should go towards paying so you automatically receive a portion of those taxes if you get an illness from smoking) we will see people do this more and more.

That said: my first thought, if you hadn't described the effects, would have been PCP since it is associated with being sprayed on tobacco products. But as hydromorph mentioned above meth could be too.

My big question: how long did the effects last? Crack or base cocaine only lasts minutes literally (like starting to come down within a few minutes, it is like a 5-10 minute high) whereas meth lasts hours- no way you could confuse the two if you know how long they last because no way you feel a hit of crack two hours later, whereas meth you would. It does sound like either a) a stimulant or b) placebo.

Oh yeah, I know plenty of junkies & homeless people who collect butts off the ground and roll "new" cigarettes with the tobacco retrieved from them. Smoking cigarettes is such a compulsive, dumb addiction. It's a strong one, though, no doubt. Around the people I know the practice is called "sniping".

That's a lot more understandable to me than "herp derp hmm I wonder if these random cigarettes haz drugz on them!", though

Well true :) I didn't take half smoked butts because I thought they may be other drugs.... I just wanted the tobacco...

I really do want to get a good e-cig (that takes fluid- the kind I've had take cartridges and seem to run out way too fast). For something you seem to get nothing out of in the sense of a high, tobacco sure is destructive (cancer, heart attacks, etc.)

But as far as just tossing drugs- I do know a few people who have found cigarette packs in the inner city with heroin or crack in them bagged up for sale. I think it would be in a situation of a small time dealer tossing the drugs when the police come. Never heard of the drugs being actually in the butts though. But IF there was something I agree with the above that it could most likely be crack- I've tried it more than once but I personally like depressants and forgot about the crackling sound it makes, but being reminded it definitely does that.

Why would a dealer or anyone into meth, or crack, who has some put it into cigarettes for free when they could just hypothetically sell the drug to make money, or use it?

I doubt that you smoked meth, crack, or PCP. If it was PCP/dust/sherm/wet you would know it since from what friends of mine that were dust heads told me that it really tastes and smells of chemicals, and it's not short lasting.

Since you're wondering why you ran or sprinted, keep in mind that nicotine is a stimulant.

You did write how you were smoking herb so that also can be stimulating if you're smoking a Sativa, and some people do get nervous/anxious while stoned.

Last edited: