• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

did i overdose?

3r1cuh

Greenlighter
so after being clean for two months i recently relapsed. on day two of using again i had been doing small, safe for my tolerance shots. being the addict that i am, i wanted to feel the rush again and was tired of doing multiple little shots rather than one decent sized one. i woke up on my bathroom floor with my roommate yelling at me for passing out with a spoon, uncapped rig, etc. all left out. while she never thought twice that i was just nodded out and hadn't overdosed, looking back i think i may actually had a small overdose? when i was woken up there was a loud ringing in my ears and my hearing was extremely muffled. i have no recollection of how i ended up on the floor, unlike when i nod out and am fully aware i am nodding. i also woke up to one finger completely numb (three days later and it's still numb...) but being startled awake i didn't notice if i had been laying on it weird or sitting on it or something. did i overdose? is it possible to have a small overdose, not enough to do harm? or was i woken up before harm could have been done? Has anyone else come out of an overdose with ringing ears? or had anyone else experienced numb limbs (i hit my neck so i know i didn't hit a nerve in my finger or something) and how long will it stay numb for? Do i need to have a doctor look at if or should i just give it time to regain feeling?
thanks for your help!

Yes, it would seem that you did have a "small overdose" as you put it. Assuming you're using heroin- there are overdoses where you take too much yet come out okay and there are overdoses where you don't survive. I've nodded hard like this a couple times but I didn't have the numbness. Perhaps you did fall asleep on your arm and pressed against a nerve. I would get this checked out if the numbness hasn't resolved itself after three days. I will keep this open for now but keep in mind the responses you will get are subjective.

There is something about the lungs being down much more closer to your back than usual when you OD, including small OD's.
In order to avoid respiratory problems in the future it doesn't heart to take an x-ray of your lungs on your convenience.

yep, you got lucky. i don't believe that an addict in recovery can chip successfully, you're just kidding yourself and it'll catch up witrh you sooner or later.

yep, you got lucky. i don't believe that an addict in recovery can chip successfully, you're just kidding yourself and it'll catch up witrh you sooner or later.

lol not in recovery been in jail but thanks for the support