Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Did I overdose on mdma?? Help

Partyon

Greenlighter
Did I overdose on MDMA?
So a couple of weeks ago, I did the crystal form of MDMA, crushed into a powder and then made into bombs. Me and my friends made 4 bombs each splitting the 500mg we had each between them all. (I wasn't intending to take half a gram that night). Anyway we got to the event, and I took the first bomb. Took about an hour to kick in and I felt great! Euphoric sort of feeling and I loved everyone. Then about 30 minutes after it started kicking in I took a second bomb. Big mistake. I felt fine for 5 minutes max and then I suddenly felt the urge to be sick and I felt quite faint. So I went to the toilet with my friend and couldn't throw up. I was lying on the toilet seat, my eyes were rolling back, my jaw and legs kept contracting, and I was really pale and DRIPPING with sweat. My forehead and back were dripping but at the same time I was shivering and had chills. I remember thinking how high I was and I kept fading out of reality if that makes sense? I kept having to remind myself it was real and I kept shutting my eyes then waking up again if that makes sense. At this point my friend thought I'd need to go to hospital but I said no. She then took me outside to get some air and I threw up a tiny bit. I then sat down there for a bit and went back to the toilet. I felt so tired all of a sudden and I kept shutting my eyes and not realising. (My legs and jaw were still contracting and releasing repeatedly). Then after about 45 mins of being back in the toilet I went back to the event. Danced for about 5 mins then ran to the toilet again on my own and threw up more this time. After that I felt like I was on a bit of a come down and I didn't feel sick anymore, but my jaw was still clenching. My friends who are regular mdma users say they have never seen a reaction like mine and that's why they were worried. I have researched but I still have no idea what this was. In total I probably took 250-300mg give or take and it was my first time. Was this serotonin syndrome? Or an overdose? I am unsure... any help would be majorly appreciated thank you!

No, it's called taking MDMA. This is the kind of state many of us aim for. It's a completely normal part of the ecstasy experience.

An overdose would indicate some kind of health problem. There is no reason to believe that this was the case given that you had very typical effects.

This is ecstasy. This is what it does.

I wouldn't say throwing up couple of times qualifies as normal MDMA experience.

I wouldn't say throwing up couple of times qualifies as normal MDMA experience.

I would. Either way, what actually happened from the report is this:

1. They felt sick but couldn't throw up (very common).
2. They then threw up a bit (also common, especially if they were previously struggling to be sick and it was still inside).
3. They then threw up more (also common, especially if they'd been feeling incredibly sick and only thrown up a bit).

I would say that this the logical progression of events for somebody who felt sick but was unable to be, then was eventually properly sick.

Regardless, sometimes MDMA makes people feel sick. Sometimes you can dry heave, sometimes you can be sick multiple times, some times you can not be sick at all, and everything in between.

By the sounds of things this was OPs original foray into this particular side of MDMA (i.e being completely floored), which happens if you take too much. It can make people very sick, as can lower doses. It's not unusual at all. Neither is the drug being so intense that your teeth chatter, your eyes roll into the back of your head, you talk absolute nonsense or you squirm around on the carpet.

The OP can take solace in the fact that it's highly unlikely that they were in danger, and more likely that they just took an adequately intense dose.

I never vomited on MDMA even when I did so much I couldn't sit up and my vision was shaking.

^Lucky for you. I have/do.

Either way, it's not unusual.

My ex-wife threw up on the comeup every single time regardless of dose. For some people the nausea is normal.