• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Did I OD?

FayeHarderway

Bluelighter
Hi all. So I've been on a cocaine bender for about a month now, shooting up about a ball in one sitting spread out over several shots. I've never weighed out doses since I started shooting coke about 5 years ago, typically Ill pull the plunger on a 3cc syringe and just load my cocaine through the top, put the very top of the plunger back over the syringe, flip the syringe up so all the coke is now on the plunger and push the plunger in till right before the coke hits the top of the syringe/needle. Then i draw in my water and voila.

I know what I described must have the harm reduction gods going crazy... I know, i know. But that's kinda how I introduced myself to IV cocaine use and I like it better than the 'proper' way. I gauge the dose by how much dry coke is in the syringe and then usually draw up a little over 1cc of water, if I went too heavy on the coke I'll draw closer to 1.5 and do it in 2 shots 😬😬

Let me tell you, I've had some zingers. But in 5 years of experimenting this way (on and off over the years) the thought lingering in the back of my head every time is that one day I'm gonna get too excited and do a too heavy shot and there will be no coming back. Well I think I'm gonna cool it because I'm getting close. The other day, I saw how loaded the syringe was and I'm like fuck yeah send it. Because my dose has slowly increased over the years as I tip toe it past the previous largest dose, but I think in the back of my head I knew that was gonna be too much even for a split dose. Well there I went... poke, flash, draw....breathe......plunge.......oooohhhh shiiiiiit.......
....anyone who has iv coke before knows that taste of gasoline that hits your tongue, the smell fills your nostrils and your face goes numb....Well I instantly knew I fucked up and shot too much because those 3 things were over the top. I froze and felt my eyes get wide open... and then, here it comes...
I had read that typically what happens when someone ODs on coke, is that they become unable to breathe. Something about their brain being unable to control the breathing muscles and you just stop breathing....well I definitely felt that coming on. So, scared shitless for my life I take the deepest breath I can and right about at the same time as that, I started to shake violently out of control. This wasn't like an epileptic seizure type of shake.... I remember as I felt it coming on I jumped from my bed and tried to make it out my door and to the living room where there was someone who could have tried to call for help (even though I know there is no helping a cocaine OD). But I never even made it out my room. I was jerking my head, arms, legs so violently I knocked down everything in my room. So there I was on the floor of my bedroom by my door, flopping around violently out of control...picture a fish out of water...very much so...struggling to breathe as well. Thinking is this it??! I remember feeling my little gasps for air getting shorter and shorter and more labored...those lasting 2 breaths took everything I had, all my strength, to inhale and exhale. And after that 2nd breath, I felt like it was wearing off and inch my way back to life. Slowly the violent shaking stopped and I was able to recover my breath.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this before and was this technically an OD.

I wish I could say that that experience scared some sense into me, but it didn't 😔😔
A week later it happened again. This time I ended up on the floor banging my head violently against it and grunting/yelling. It was ugly. I ended up with an orbital fracture and my right eye was swollen shut..

Ok now I think I'll cool it for a while.

Maybe chill on the iv coke and don’t push the limits friend. 😊 you don’t wanna be another statistic.
Maybe weigh it out. That could help you gauge how much you’ve done so you don’t fuck it up and do too much.
Good luck.

Hi all. So I've been on a cocaine bender for about a month now, shooting up about a ball in one sitting spread out over several shots. I've never weighed out doses since I started shooting coke about 5 years ago, typically Ill pull the plunger on a 3cc syringe and just load my cocaine through the top, put the very top of the plunger back over the syringe, flip the syringe up so all the coke is now on the plunger and push the plunger in till right before the coke hits the top of the syringe/needle. Then i draw in my water and voila.

I know what I described must have the harm reduction gods going crazy... I know, i know. But that's kinda how I introduced myself to IV cocaine use and I like it better than the 'proper' way. I gauge the dose by how much dry coke is in the syringe and then usually draw up a little over 1cc of water, if I went too heavy on the coke I'll draw closer to 1.5 and do it in 2 shots 😬😬

Let me tell you, I've had some zingers. But in 5 years of experimenting this way (on and off over the years) the thought lingering in the back of my head every time is that one day I'm gonna get too excited and do a too heavy shot and there will be no coming back. Well I think I'm gonna cool it because I'm getting close. The other day, I saw how loaded the syringe was and I'm like fuck yeah send it. Because my dose has slowly increased over the years as I tip toe it past the previous largest dose, but I think in the back of my head I knew that was gonna be too much even for a split dose. Well there I went... poke, flash, draw....breathe......plunge.......oooohhhh shiiiiiit.......
....anyone who has iv coke before knows that taste of gasoline that hits your tongue, the smell fills your nostrils and your face goes numb....Well I instantly knew I fucked up and shot too much because those 3 things were over the top. I froze and felt my eyes get wide open... and then, here it comes...
I had read that typically what happens when someone ODs on coke, is that they become unable to breathe. Something about their brain being unable to control the breathing muscles and you just stop breathing....well I definitely felt that coming on. So, scared shitless for my life I take the deepest breath I can and right about at the same time as that, I started to shake violently out of control. This wasn't like an epileptic seizure type of shake.... I remember as I felt it coming on I jumped from my bed and tried to make it out my door and to the living room where there was someone who could have tried to call for help (even though I know there is no helping a cocaine OD). But I never even made it out my room. I was jerking my head, arms, legs so violently I knocked down everything in my room. So there I was on the floor of my bedroom by my door, flopping around violently out of control...picture a fish out of water...very much so...struggling to breathe as well. Thinking is this it??! I remember feeling my little gasps for air getting shorter and shorter and more labored...those lasting 2 breaths took everything I had, all my strength, to inhale and exhale. And after that 2nd breath, I felt like it was wearing off and inch my way back to life. Slowly the violent shaking stopped and I was able to recover my breath.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this before and was this technically an OD.

I wish I could say that that experience scared some sense into me, but it didn't 😔😔
A week later it happened again. This time I ended up on the floor banging my head violently against it and grunting/yelling. It was ugly. I ended up with an orbital fracture and my right eye was swollen shut..

Ur coke must be bashed to fuck, I had a close call 3 times on 200mg+, terrible grand mal seizures.

What the fk, taste of gasoline? It has a unique taste of organic/chemical smell but it doesn't taste like gasoline :s tastes like a plant-ish chemical taste.

What the fk, taste of gasoline? It has a unique taste of organic/chemical smell but it doesn't taste like gasoline :s tastes like a plant-ish chemical taste
I eat ass and it tastes like skittles... maybe my taste buds are bashed to fuck too
Ur coke must be bashed to fuck, I had a close call 3 times on 200mg+, terrible grand mal seizures.
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I don't know how much 200mg is compared to what I took, bud. But congratulations if your coke is better.

I eat ass and it tastes like skittles... maybe my taste buds are bashed to fuck too

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I don't know how much 200mg is compared to what I took, bud. But congratulations if your coke is better.
Stop what you're doing. Banging cocaine just causes misery and fucking sorrow. :s

Sorry the digression, I know you just asked: did I OD? And the answer is: yes, but because we are humans after all, you probably wanted to tell someone the shit you are going through and receive some word of advice as well

Not sure if that's what you really want, but if you want to kill yourself, find a cheap way to do it (if you are in the US buy a gun) and give someone you love and does not do cocaine, or some charity, the money you would spent on cocaine the next 6 months. Maybe it doesn't sort anything world -wide, but sounds a better way of leaving than slapping the floor with your body like a fish.

That was just a dark joke (ha, ha, ha), don't do that

A remotely plausible advice is: curb your addiction, start measuring and try to set a max. dose and go by cutting it down slowly, 20 mg this week, 20 next one... is not that hard to start doing it, is easy to follow up (just write on a paper the weekly dose, at some point take a look at that paper and feel a bit proud you already went from Z to X) and at least do that until you put some distance to that OD level. But honestly, the best advice is just stop it, take a break and bring down tolerance... the tapering down on cocaine does not work long.

Apologies if this is some captain obvious advice you tried already, but not sure what else I can do from my keyboard, Also apologies for joke , it was not very sparkly, but I am not in my best morning here.

I had an experience almost identical to yours. I always weigh out my doses and usually do about 0.15 however my roommates also use and always giving me their leftover cottons. One of these people is about 200 lb and a user for 30 years so their doses are about .25. so I had about five cottons and I made the shot, usually these shots are right in my dose range but on this occasion one of the cottons still had a significant amount in it. Once I injected about 5 seconds in I could tell something was wrong. Immediately told my friend next to me that I did too much and to watch me. I immediately started violently shaking while I was still standing during this time I knew I was in trouble so I focused as hard as I could on breathing and staying conscious. I couldn't even sit down on the bed directly behind me I was stuck in a semi-squat position shaking. This lasted about 5 minutes until I was able to speak again. During the whole 5 minutes I was attempting to speak to my friend however only maybe one word or even one syllable was able to be deciphered out of the whole sentence in my head. I thought I was overdosed but tried to stay calm. I've witnessed others OD and either collapse and seize or shake like I did. I saw someone inject into the artery instead of the vein and that also caused a seizure. Does this sound like I overdosed and if not what does that look like.