• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Did I just collapse my vein?

Sublimit

Bluelighter
Hey guys and gals, I'll get to the point and would like some experience with this as this has never happened to me before.

I was IVíng 80mg of oxycontin, 8 10mg pills swabbed and finely crushed, filtered twice, loaded into a 10ml barrel and .22micron filtered into 8ml of water. I got about half way and felt a slight sting so i tried to register again but couldn't get it so i loosened my belt and pulled out the 25 gauge needle, swabbed again, put the belt back on and went for another vein on the same arm. by this time there was a lot of blood in the barrel and i registered but it felt wrong so i pulled it out again....

this was about 3mins of there being blood in my barrel so i was worried about it clotting. when i went to try a 3rd time i just checked to see if i could push a bit of solution out and aimed it at the floor... i applied a fair bit of pressure until a tiny bit just busted out everywhere8)

so i replaced it with a new 25 gauge tip and went again as it was about 4ml left and full of blood. I wondered why it was blocked and when i did the exchange of tips the used one had like a blood looking worm hanging from it??? i thought WTF? and put my 2 fingers and pulled it out.

thats the best way to describe it. it was about an inch long and blood red and about as thick as the lead in a pencil. i held it with my fingers and rolled it around and it sort of just turned into blood when i put it on the floor and pressed it, seemed a bit rubbery??? but then just seemed to turn into blood when i pressed it on my wooden floor.

I have a lump on my arm that is settling down about 45mins after the shot but i can still feel a hardish lump there on my arm. I don't want to flex my arm to see if i can see the vein as i don't want to damage it anymore. It didn't really hurt, and feels a bit uncomfortable now, but what the fuck?

I'm into harm reduction and have never IV''d pills without using a micron, and never had collapsed a vein through my H using days and always rotated..... but did i just suck a bit of my vein out of my arm? I wasn't drawing back hard, but i'm not really used to using a 10ml barrel either.

If that was the case would it be possible to actually suck a part of your vein into a needle? and would it turn to blood when pressed? I've never had this happen and a part of me thinks that it was just my blood clotting at the tip... but when i pulled it out it felt elastic and looked like a small worm.

I know it's a lot to read but i'd appreciate if anyone could put my mind at ease. the lump is still there and it looks like i'm missing a part of my vein8o

EDIT; i tightened my arm and it looks as if the vein runs through the length of my bicep, with no gap.... i guess i'll know more when the lump dies down, but it's freaking me out a bit still. I got an errand and i hope to see some mind settling reply's.... i hope...

Last edited:
Can you still actually feel the vein above/below this?

I'd give the veins you used a rest, but I don't think you collapsed them. Sometimes I just get unlucky at the point of entry, such as that there maybe two veins splitting off or whatever.

I think this sort of experience is unfortunately common.

If you can't feel the vein, I would use a heat compress to encourage the "lump" to go away, it is likely just a blood blister. a 25G tip is pretty large compared to what I willingly use on myself, so this could explain it.

In any case I hope you notice your vein coming back and healing shortly.

Hey OP,

You did not just pull a vein out of your arm. The "blood worm" was the blood in the needle of your syringe coagulating. The rest of it sounds like a missed shot (burning and then lump). Apply heat and gently massage the area as Captain.H said to help absorb the missed shot. It could also be a damaged blood vessel that has clotted under your skin but you'd likely notice more bruising as opposed to just a bump.

10 ML, wow. I used to do 8 10s in 1 CC, which probably wasn't enough. I would have to do a 1 CC wash to get the rest.

hey thanks CH and amapola. sorry my errand turned into an all night thing, but just to finish up.

Firstly CH, i only use a 25 gauge when i shoot oxycodone or ms contin (morphine) as i like the feel of steel and you dont have to register.... it happens automatically as soon as you hit the vein blood starts shooting into the barrel without any pressure, otherwise with buprenorphine i always use a 29 gauge therm. Thanks for the advise and to Amapola as well.

so to sum it up, 24 hours later i have a slightly bruised lump, but it's gone down and i made sure i didn't do any heavy lifting, and looking at it now i can see my vein from my shoulder to my wrist :) it just had me pretty worried as the blood worm thing has never happened to me before. being 7 to 8 ml (my general rule of thumb with OC is 1ml per pill, unless its an 80OC, Ms Contin being 3ml per pill) in a 10 ml barrel and having to change injecting sites after successfully shooting half, and then missing and trying to register again, and then taking it out and using the same vein but at a different point, it did take time and started to get messy as i was worried about my blood clotting..... it must of been maybe 5mins by the time i shot it all up. I doubt i'd do it that way again.... i'm used to the 20's OC that i get legit, or the 40's that i get from diversion methods... just like how i got the 10's..... what i would rather do is just use 2 5ml barrels instead of a 10ml big boy (less chance of clotting etc)

also i use the 25 gauge as another advantage is that you can steadily push it in with less pressure and shoot say 4ml quicker and easier because its bigger and gives you a steady hand and it feels like you're not forcing the plunger as much.

Mr mudd 1ml for 8 OC pills wow, i'd imagine even after the rewash that the left over OC clump would have a significant amount of oxycodone in it. After a lot of different techniques i've found the best and most efficient way is to have a barrel with the water already in it plus a cig filter, and then just tip in your opiate powder by back loading it and then carefully putting the plunger in starting with the needle tip facing the ground and then carefully pushing it in as you raise it so that the needle tip is pointing to the sky. I do this in a single motion and have never lost any water in the process.... once that happens you just shake it for around 5 mins if you're in a hurry, take the cap off and squirt it directly into a spoon which requires a fair amount of pressure, but it comes out looking like water. then i use another barrel and cig filter in spoon to draw it back up and then run it through a MF into another barrel. Sometimes I'd keep it in the barrel over night with the needle tip facing the floor and do the same thing. I've tested the effectiveness of this method by eating the left over opioid sediment of several previous shots and have had barely a hint of an OC dose. goes to show that even 5mins of shaking powdered oxycontin in cold water gets pretty much ALL the oxycodone into a solution that looks like it's already been micron filtered.

Using heat is the biggest mistake anyone will ever make when IVíng pills, and the girl i seldom buy MS contin off says that i'm doing it wrong.... you gotta use heat blah blah blah. well you can't talk her out of it, but if she only knew how much damage she's doing to herself. I think it's the ''i want to get high now mentality" where ironically it would take me the same amount of time to prepare a shot without using heat.

When i boil the kettle for sterile water, there's been times where suboxone has been dissolved in warm/hot water then micron filtered. I assume this is nowhere near as bad as other pills with wax etc, but is it still melting unwanted stuff into the buprenorphine solution potentially causing harm. I guess thats a question for CH, but i just shouldn't risk it and wait for the water to cool. too easy

in some places i can see where i have collapsed veins where there should be the nice blue looking vein running down my arm theres like a dark reddish line instead but more closer to the time it was a dark blackish mark instead but they are further down my arm so easier to notice but you will know if you have when you try inject in that place way past healing time for veins normally and if you dont find the vein any more .. ive lost a few good veins including one on teh inside of my elbow which is a bummer cos it was always an easy find

You're lucky you didn't inject coagulated blood (or your "blood worm")
The chance of having a stroke from this is very real.