Mental Health Did I interfere with a Time Machine?

I was always curious about that. I was diagnosed with both a form of schizo and bipolar... was prescribed for both, however, I have always thought my bipolar diagnosis was tentative or dubious. Longer story...
Might not want to quote me on that because I think the DSM-V that was released recently may have changed the definition of schizoaffective. But yeah, I had separate diagnoses of schizo and bipolar at separate times. Bipolar with psychosis at one time. Then a psych one day said I was schizoaffective, which meant both simultaneously.

I was also dx'd as bipolar first, then with psychosis then changed to schizoaffective depressive type but with the odd bought of mania thrown in. Who the fuck really knows any more!

Might not want to quote me on that because I think the DSM-V that was released recently may have changed the definition of schizoaffective. But yeah, I had separate diagnoses of schizo and bipolar at separate times. Bipolar with psychosis at one time. Then a psych one day said I was schizoaffective, which meant both simultaneously.
I can't quote what my shrink was thinking at the time, he was also a neurologist, but I believe I was having certain symptoms which he couldn't attribute to schizophrenia and due to a familial history of bipolar also diagnosed me as bipolar.

I really don't believe I am bipolar... I have no real symptoms of it, although you could almost infinitely extend almost every illness into "atypical" symptoms, I try not to do that.

Then again, describing certain symptoms especially hallucinations and weird thoughts/cognitive shit is really.... inaccurate??

As far as I know, schizoaffective is the exact same a schizophrenia but with the addition of a personality disorder. I've been diagnosed schizoaffective since like 2007, my personality disorder is bipolar.

I was always curious about that. I was diagnosed with both a form of schizo and bipolar... was prescribed for both, however, I have always thought my bipolar diagnosis was tentative or dubious. Longer story...

my schizo symptoms are more like a very extreme version of HPPD, like a permanent, but mild, drug psychosis

something that seems to confuse a lot of psychiatrists and I end up getting diagnosed several things independently, which I doubt at some level
Sorry, I keep saying personality disorder but meant mood disorder. Everything else is the same.

I can't quote what my shrink was thinking at the time, he was also a neurologist, but I believe I was having certain symptoms which he couldn't attribute to schizophrenia and due to a familial history of bipolar also diagnosed me as bipolar.

I really don't believe I am bipolar... I have no real symptoms of it, although you could almost infinitely extend almost every illness into "atypical" symptoms, I try not to do that.
I see what you're saying. I just googled the DSM-5 definitions and schizoaffective can be schizo added to bipolar or depression. I honestly don't know if my meds would change if the "affective" part was dropped from my diagnosis. I've been medicated so long that I feel like I'm fairly high functioning as far as being able to hold down part time jobs and stuff. I have friends with my diagnosis who can't do anything resembling work.

I have friends with my diagnosis who can't do anything resembling work.
Yeah... I've had people on this forum not believe I've had a schizophrenia diagnosis... because I type sanely, succinct (sometimes) and apparently don't fit their definition of what schizophrenia is.

Hell, this one kid on discord who was banned from BL months back said something like "But you seem human", as if all people with schizo are inhumane freaks

when people hear schizophrenia they suddenly think of the most extreme examples of it, kinda pisses me off

Yeah... I've had people on this forum not believe I've had a schizophrenia diagnosis... because I type sanely, succinct (sometimes) and apparently don't fit their definition of what schizophrenia is.

Hell, this one kid on discord who was banned from BL months back said something like "But you seem human", as if all people with schizo are inhumane freaks

when people hear schizophrenia they suddenly think of the most extreme examples of it, kinda pisses me off
I hear ya. I've had people IRL who didn't believe it when I told them. Like I said, I've been med compliant and coping for a long time now and present well in certain social situations. When someone says they don't believe me, I'm like Fuck off. It has nothing to do with intelligence or vocabulary. Didn't you see the movie A Beautiful Mind? I'm not a math genius or any kind of genius, the story behind that movie just shows that high functioning people can still have wild thoughts sometimes.

After spending a minute in The Lounge, I had this thread moved to MH. Hopefully some of the diagnosis discussion can be useful or helpful for someone. However, let's not get too wild otherwise the thread will be locked.

Many times our state of mind creates itself from what others might think or say about us. In reality it can't be that close to what we know about ourselves.