• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Did I have a different experience?

thekrogmonster

Greenlighter
Recently went a rave and took some nice MDMA that was high in purity. This was my first time taking MDMA and I'd like reassurance that the experience I had is normal(?).

For those of you who don't live in the UK; MDMA that is high in purity is extremely rare so large doses ranging from 200mg to 600mg in one night is normal.
I got into the rave and start off with a 150mg bomb. Which then took about 2 hours even start kicking in; which is strange considering my high metabolic rate and small size. Around 3 hours into the first bomb I took my second bomb which was also 150mg. However not long after that, I spewed outside and I think the 2nd may have came out.
But the drug felt a lot like LSD, in terms of how intense it can get. I had extremely weird visuals, which include: looking at people thinking they look like my friends, to then turn look again 2 minutes after and realise they aren't the people I thought they were. The music felt like it was intertwined with my vision, and the whispering and weird noises produced by the music was very trippy. However during all of this, when I first got hit by the bomb I felt kind of energetic. Then when I was tripping balls, I just had to sit down and chill while bobbing my head to the music. My friends thought that I hadn't take any of my MDMA because of this.
Finally my biggest concern was that while I was sat down and bobbing my head. Without noticing myself, I slowly closed my eyes and the environment around starting shutting down. I couldn't no longer hear the music which was so loud you could feel it. All I then remember is my friend tapping me on the leg and I just jumped back into reality. Not sure if I was falling asleep or dying; or for even how long.

You can't be sure what you took was MDMA without testing it, but that sounds plausible for an MDMA experience especially at a dose like 300mg total. Personally I think MDMA is trippy as hell, but not quite in the same way as a classic psychedelic.

yeah exactly. MDMA in high doses can cause pretty intense visuals in some people, but so can any number of other random chemicals. 2 hours is a long time for MDMA to come up, not impossible but rare

Very possible it was MDMA, my first experience was similar. Most people have very intense experiences for their first roll. I also remember swearing it felt like LSD.

Every MDMA experience is wonderful, but just my two cents... Don't abuse MDMA. The honeymoon phase will quickly come to an end & effects diminish significantly with steady use. I witnessed this with a friend...he would be so tolerant the MDMA did nothing. Don't destroy/ruin the magic MDMA provides. It's a special treat, to be respected. Enjoy this time while your tolerance is near non-existent. ;)

Last edited: