Mental Health Did I had Serotonin Syndrome?

jamiec999

Greenlighter
Hello people.

One week ago, I popped two and a half pills (untested, re-dosed, stupid) and smoked weed. After rolling for 8 hours, I came home. I had a feeling, that can be described as, how one would feel after waking up from anesthesia, dizziness, lightning in front of my eyes etc. I was also constipated and had nausea and stomachache, which was relieved after going to toilet. I had a hard time trying to sleep and my dizziness and nausea followed next two days.

My question is, did I have Serotonin Syndrome? Right now I feel better. Slight pressure around my head and slight dizziness that occurs only if I make a quick move (like a sudden head spin)

Should I have gone to emergency instead? Should I go to doctor now and tell them about my suspicion? Or am I overreacting?

Your description sounds similar to the effects of vasoconstriction. That can make you dizzy and nauseous and I totally understand the "lightning in front of your eyes" bit. Like blue flashes? I would guess it's vasoconstriction rather than SS. What do you think?

Exactly the blue flashes. But weird thing is, following next 4 days, I had a pressure in my head and a very strong pulsing (or throbbing) on my temple veins. As if there was more blood being pumped to my brain afterwards. Does it suit vasoconstriction? And if it is vasoconstriction, what does it mean? Did I overdose? Or damage myself?

Well how much did you take and what was you ROA (route of administration)? I'd be a little worried about the head pain lasting 4 days. That doesn't sound like vasoconstriction. Did you drink plenty of fluids? Did you have any other psychoactives? I'll send you a pm. Let me know how you've been since as soon as you can.

It was more of dizziness rather than headache. But there also were some head pressure (like someone is pressing on my head.) Both of them went away (thankfully). Only thing I have left after almost two weeks is, I feel a little slow. Like, not completely energetic. That too feels like it is getting better and better day after day so I am nowhere as scared as I was to be honest. Being clean also for sure helped.

Usually SS lasts longer, and more intense.

The feeling I had when i had SS was somewhat like my brain was going crazy, extreme sleep deprivation symptoms and massive headaches. Felt significantly impaired, almost crashed while driving twice. Couldnt keep track of time or tasks.

one time I binged on suboxone and took my Zoloft, suddenly, I lost motor coordination, my arms and legs are tingling, ic ouldnt pick up andthing properly or walk straight, I felt disoriented like I smoked k2 or a bunch of weed, very scary..i wonder if that was SS