• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

did acid and weeks later cannot smoke weed without having severe paranoia attacks

odadrauga

Greenlighter
i took a strong tab of acid more than a month ago and i would smoke weed regularly. i?ve never had issues with paranoia when it comes to smoking but ever since i haven?t been able to smoke without having strong hallucinations of people talking. it?s extremely disturbing and scary. this never happened before and i?ve tried different strains of tree. it?s absolutely terrifying and i wanna know if it will eventually stop because weed helped with my anxiety a lot but now i can?t even use it.

Stop smoking cannabis is my recommendation. You might be able to start smoking again after a decently long tolerance break (1-2 weeks), but ultimately it's your decision.

It's not uncommon for a psychedelic experience to change how someone experiences cannabis. If you give yourself a long tolerance break you may go back to baseline, but most likely this change will be lifelong.

Give yourself some time to recover.

It is possible for the side effects of multiple drugs to compound making a specific side effect even more severe or pronounced.

Like with everything, proper nutrition and exercise will help facilitate the healing process.

Yeah I'd agree that claiming it would be life long would seem to imply that permanent and/or serious brain damage has occurred, which I don't think is at all the case. The brain has been altered, clearly, but being that it will likely be able to return to normal function if given the proper condition, I think that damage is a bit of a stretch and life long is definitely an exaggeration.

The acid probably doesn't have all too much to do with that, do you have any history of clinical anxiety?

I don't have any evidence but anecdotal, and it hasn't happened to me personally so I can't speak on it for sure. I just know quite a few people who have stopped smoking because of this issue, and some who have taken a break for years and smoke again still get thrown into a trip. What I've heard from several of these friends is that they think the trip opened a part of their mind that is activated by the cannabis, and that it's just the way it is now. However, the paranoia isn't a complaint they have, they just say that smoking becomes pretty psychedelic. So the OP very well may be experiencing something different. If that's the case (which is possible) I think that taking a break for a few months is probably going to help, and quite possibly fix what's happening.

Weed can bring back psychedelic highs that are disipating but a month later is a bit hard to understand for me as real LSD is usually swept away after a week or two tops (even the psychological shift) so unless your experiencing PTSD from a bad experience, im at a loss for explanation on this. I would take HJ420's advice and give it a break altogether and see how it effects you after some time and of course start slow and small. No weed tollerance can = a hell of a trip. Ive had daydream halucinations of out of body experiences and the like when smoking a good dose of THC after my tollerence has tanked (not like psychedelics but more along the lines of disasociatives, very unique).

On a side note, i rarely enjoy smoking pot with people as much as i do alone, i find it a great meditation tool and something to make normal recreational activities so much more interesting. Pot and Socializing never went together well for me unless it was combo-ed with benzos or booze.

LSD and psyches in general can cause massive shifts in the mind, maybe you just dont enjoy pot socially anymore.
Hard to pin, interesting case though.
Cheers

It probably has everything to do with the perceived experience and little to nothing to do with the physical experience. It has been proven in clinical trials that the perception of the user will affect the experience. If you believe it is going to be an anxiety inducing experience you will have more anxiety than if you believe that it will be relaxing. It's not the only factor, but it is a factor. In this case it is much morel likely that the user is perceiving the experience differently rather than the drug is having a different physiological effect due to some invisible change caused by another drug.

The perception of the user is the experience, though.

idk what that has to do with anything but it felt important, and I made the connection right after I should post that acid has fucked. me. UP. several times in the past, for up to a week after dosing. Like, not tripping, just emotionally unstable after the trip for way longer than healthy.

Weed can bring back psychedelic highs that are disipating but a month later is a bit hard to understand for me as real LSD is usually swept away after a week or two tops (even the psychological shift) so unless your experiencing PTSD from a bad experience, im at a loss for explanation on this. I would take HJ420's advice and give it a break altogether and see how it effects you after some time and of course start slow and small. No weed tollerance can = a hell of a trip. Ive had daydream halucinations of out of body experiences and the like when smoking a good dose of THC after my tollerence has tanked (not like psychedelics but more along the lines of disasociatives, very unique).

On a side note, i rarely enjoy smoking pot with people as much as i do alone, i find it a great meditation tool and something to make normal recreational activities so much more interesting. Pot and Socializing never went together well for me unless it was combo-ed with benzos or booze.

LSD and psyches in general can cause massive shifts in the mind, maybe you just dont enjoy pot socially anymore.
Hard to pin, interesting case though.
Cheers

You make some incredible points. Smoking after a tolerance break can really catch even the most veteran smokers by surprise. It's best for the OP to just quit all together.

The perception of the user is the experience, though.

idk what that has to do with anything but it felt important, and I made the connection right after I should post that acid has fucked. me. UP. several times in the past, for up to a week after dosing. Like, not tripping, just emotionally unstable after the trip for way longer than healthy.

It's not in terms of pharmacology. The experience is the physiological change that the drug produces, the perception is how the user interprets the experience.

I was referring to the how the user views a substance and their beliefs surrounding the use of the substance.

There are studies that demonstrate that your belief and views of a substance will impact your experience when using the substance. Someone who expects to have a panic attack after use will almost certainly experience much more anxiety than someone who expects it to be a euphoric experience.