• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam rebound anxiety.

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
Does rebound anxiety from diazepam happen and how long after taking it? The drug and its active metabolite have a very long half life so they linger and gradually let you down.

I've gotten rebound anxiety only from alcohol...I've heard of it from short acting benzos like etizolam.

What is the time line like for Diazepam rebound anxiety?

I get a week of anxiety from a single dose of lorazepam. When I had to take it for 2mos (not even every day, I didn’t take it on days I didn’t have treatments to try and negate the inevitable) I felt fucked up for a year after. But I’m super weird with GABA drugs. All of them cause anxiety after, some worse than others.

-GC

Rebound anxiety or withdrawal symptoms, hard to quantify the difference there.
Valium, as would be expected, gives a withdrawal which is somewhat slow to come on and lasts a long time. The "slow to come on" isn't 100% as you do feel withdrawal when blood levels of metabolite drop, so the "lasts a long time" is the biggest thing.

I get anxiety and feel depressed immediately diazepam starts working. Does not happen with any other benzo.
Yeah I also have a weird reaction to diazepam specifically. I feel depressed and have odd mania.

Anyways, I usually get rebound anxiety if I take benzos more than 3-4 days in a row.

Yeah I also have a weird reaction to diazepam specifically. I feel depressed and have odd mania.

Anyways, I usually get rebound anxiety if I take benzos more than 3-4 days in a row.
Alprazolam makes me feel anxious after few days If i binge with it. I used to be addicted with benzos for many years and many times and now i eat them very rarely. I get anxious and/or negative side effects very soon and only a week with longer acting benzo and i get withdrawals.. ☹️