• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam Moodswings/depressions

Sawful1

Greenlighter
Hi Guys,
Long story short I went to the GP months ago as I was getting strong symptoms of Anxiety, I'm quite an on-edge person in general. It was mainly dizzy spells similar to vertigo, Tightness in joints particularly in my neck and obviously the anxious feeling in the stomach. The other main sympton was my sleep (still is) horrendous, Takes hours to nodd off and by the time I do I get a couple of hours then I'm up at 7am for work. He said yeah it's Anxiety and did nothing, essentially told me it will pass.

6-8 months later it hasn't and I'm going back tomorrow. The problem is, Since then, I began sourcing diazepam myself. 10mg. I have built up quite a tolerance to where 1x10mg tab literally just makes me feel a bit tired and would help me doze off. It would take a good 4 or 5 to really feel the calming effects.

I have noticed recently though that I feel depressed, down about life in general etc and I'm starting to see that when I take a tablet say early on in work (NOT often, the odd day, literally about 3x in 6 months) I am extremely moody and my mood is so low, I think horrible thoughts and just want everything to be over.

Can this be down to the Diazepam? Could this be triggering depression and I need to inform my GP that I KNOW I have anxiety issues but need to try something else?

Thoughts welcome!

Sorry to hear you struggling with anxiety and depression I know from personal experience how bad they can make you feel.

The problem with sourcing Diazepam yourself these days is that alot of the pills have no Diazepam in them, just other drugs that kinda make you feel drowsy and this could be your problem.

If you are sure your Diazepam is legit then maybe the Diazepam is not for you it can make you feel groggy and In the doses you are talking about up to 50mg they would have quite a sedating effect, at least on me. Maybe try to cut back on your dose but do not stop altogether as you will feel pretty horrible.

You sound like you are very low and I would get that looked at and talk to your GP about some sort of help from a Psychotherapy angle or Medication if you want to go down that route, its just a thought.

Sorry to hear you struggling with anxiety and depression I know from personal experience how bad they can make you feel.

The problem with sourcing Diazepam yourself these days is that alot of the pills have no Diazepam in them, just other drugs that kinda make you feel drowsy and this could be your problem.

If you are sure your Diazepam is legit then maybe the Diazepam is not for you it can make you feel groggy and In the doses you are talking about up to 50mg they would have quite a sedating effect, at least on me. Maybe try to cut back on your dose but do not stop altogether as you will feel pretty horrible.

You sound like you are very low and I would get that looked at and talk to your GP about some sort of help from a Psychotherapy angle or Medication if you want to go down that route, its just a thought.

No I really appreciate the response thanks for that.

Could be the fact it's not legit to be fair...and it's making me more aggressive/down but has been something that has effected me for a while so will see what the GP says.

Sorry I should clarify too I don't take 50mg a lot that was just an example.

I would mainly take between 5-20mg before bed time about an hour before bed. The 50mg was a horrendous day i went over board to try and calm down

No 50mg is quite a big dose but you have a tolerance so its ok, the 20mg is a normal dose someone would take for anxiety.

There is a lot of fake Diazepam out there these days I'm afraid and unless you really know the difference it would be impossible to know. The other thing is pills can be underdosed.

Just don't stop taking them altogether because I after the period of time that you have been using them its likely you will have some really bad withdrawal symptoms. I would be upfront with my GP about everything but that's me, It's up to you to tell the doctor as much as you are comfortable but they can't fully help you if they don't know everything that's going on.

The problem with telling your doctor everything, especially in the US, is that not only will he NOT get any type of anxiety medicine, he'll also get a stamp on his folder that he's a drug abuser and he can forget getting any decent help from his GP again.

I would never tell my GP that I was sourcing Valium and now I feel depressed....no way. But, I would taper off of the Valium if you don't know 100% for sure that it's from a pharmacy and it's the real thing. Years ago I sourced diazepam too and what showed up in my urine test freaked out everyone and they wouldn't even help me get through withdrawals from the meds I was prescribed. I assume that doctors are worse now. I had meds in my system I never heard of and my family doctor put his head on the table. I never ordered online again.

Just go to your doctor and explain your symptoms and let him decide what to do. You can taper off what you are on or if he gives you Valium just start taking it and put back the possibly fake pills for extreme emergencies. Don't be surprised if he wants o try half of the antidepressants on the market first. This happened so many times that I finally said that I had enough and would not try another antidepressant. Then I was given Ambien instead of an anxiety medicine, so go figure.

Good luck. Explain in depth what you are going through and what it's doing to your life and hope you have a doctor who will help you figure it out.

The problem with telling your doctor everything, especially in the US, is that not only will he NOT get any type of anxiety medicine, he'll also get a stamp on his folder that he's a drug abuser and he can forget getting any decent help from his GP again.

I would never tell my GP that I was sourcing Valium and now I feel depressed....no way. But, I would taper off of the Valium if you don't know 100% for sure that it's from a pharmacy and it's the real thing. Years ago I sourced diazepam too and what showed up in my urine test freaked out everyone and they wouldn't even help me get through withdrawals from the meds I was prescribed. I assume that doctors are worse now. I had meds in my system I never heard of and my family doctor put his head on the table. I never ordered online again.

Just go to your doctor and explain your symptoms and let him decide what to do. You can taper off what you are on or if he gives you Valium just start taking it and put back the possibly fake pills for extreme emergencies. Don't be surprised if he wants o try half of the antidepressants on the market first. This happened so many times that I finally said that I had enough and would not try another antidepressant. Then I was given Ambien instead of an anxiety medicine, so go figure.

Good luck. Explain in depth what you are going through and what it's doing to your life and hope you have a doctor who will help you figure it out.
I'm in the US and I've never had the issues described in the first sentence. I guess I've just been lucky to have understanding GPs and psychiatrists. If you don't want your GP to know you've been sourcing diazepam an alternative would be to go to detox where doctors specialize in this sort of thing. In the US, the detox wouldn't be able to release your medical records to anyone, including your GP, unless you explicitly sign off on it.