• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam heavy dosages

SkittlezAU

Greenlighter
Newly made account, but a very long time lurker, love this forums, great people I see and great staff. have definitely used some of the HR advice given for benzos and a number of other drugs of different families. Sometimes pushing the limits of such given advice against my own peril, paid for that for a while...

I've had quite an extreme amount of benzos usage over 5 or so years. I get prescriptions of 50 5mg generic yellow diazepam like 3 times a year. Each time I consume between 70-100mg over the course of a few hours. My supply is gone within 60-72 hours. Well... Probably less tbh.

This day I started 10mg as I awoke at 6a. Got ready for work, 6:30a took another 15mg. Drove to work and got a drink at a McDonald's, took another 10mg just before leaving at 6:50a. Got to work, did some things etc. Left to do my work errands at 7:40a and took another 20mg. At12p took 15mg. At 1:30p took 10mg. At 4:15p took 20mg. At 5:20 I finished work did some things, took 10mg. At 6:30 when I got home, I took 30mg(it Friday hence jump to 30) (At 12:30p, 1:30p and 5:20p I had a joint as well, weed w/tobacco).140mg total diazepam so far. Probably will have more soon. Currently 8p.

I'm still coherent mostly. My memory can be a bit short and/or selective without me knowing it till someone tells me. I told those people I just have a lot on my mind etc so the convo goes no further. No one suspects that I am high. According to most standards. I should be completely obliterated.

2016 I consumed 50x 5mg within 10 hours, of course I blacked out and don't remember nothing. Started around roughly 9am and last thing I remembered was being at the shops and forgot why I was there, grabbed a few things and paid and when I walked out I don't remember anything after that. Woke up next day at midday and was at home in bed in my own house. I did this 6 more times since then (50 5mg within 12 hours. I'll spare those stories...

Even with such long breaks, how am I functioning at all. Is the tolerance for diazepam that damn long? I know the half is 50 hours or something like that, not months?? What's the go is my question. This is in no way a brag of some kind. I have some real questions about how I can function mostly well

This is happening as of this post thread being posted.

I took 65mg of diazepam in two doses over a few hours and I don't think taking more made it any better and I functioned fine, was chasing a high at the time, but they don't really work like that. I took a 20mg hit a few days later and felt that much better, so it could also come down to the quality of the drug.

I don't see any reason to regularly use high doses of benzos.. it escalates your tolerance to astronomical levels and then "*insert here* doesn't even put a DENT in my anxiety." I've heard that a good number of times. There's still some time to manage your benzo use though!

Sadly, an anti-anxiety substance without severe consequences just doesn't exist quite yet. No one can live anxiety-free in reality. At one point or another everyone has to face their demons eventually. To answer your question--yes it is obscenely hard to lower benzo tolerance. You can do a long taper to bring it down but it's going to take some time. You are at an okay point in your life to make a choice though and preferably sooner than later. There is a limited amount of time that one can rely on benzos before permanently needing to be on them for life.. that's not something I'd enjoy watching someone go through :( Drugs form their own rules and consequences so there's not much incentive to be angry at the way things are. Marijuana does help me personally with some residual anxiety but for some folks weed ironically makes them even more anxious than where they started. It it helps you though--I'd recommend smoking here and there with lower doses of bennies.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason to regularly use high doses of benzos.. it escalates your tolerance to astronomical levels and then "*insert here* doesn't even put a DENT in my anxiety." I've heard that a good number of times. There's still some time to manage your benzo use though!

Sadly, an anti-anxiety substance without severe consequences just doesn't exist quite yet. No one can live anxiety-free in reality. At one point or another everyone has to face their demons eventually. To answer your question--yes it is obscenely hard to lower benzo tolerance. You can do a long taper to bring it down but it's going to take some time. You are at an okay point in your life to make a choice though and preferably sooner than later. There is a limited amount of time that one can rely on benzos before permanently needing to be on them for life.. that's not something I'd enjoy watching someone go through :( Drugs form their own rules and consequences so there's not much incentive to be angry at the way things are. Marijuana does help me personally with some residual anxiety but for some folks weed ironically makes them even more anxious than where they started. It it helps you though--I'd recommend smoking here and there with lower doses of bennies.

I do use marijuana daily as well for the problems I have. The cocktail of meds I was on was just hellish and I'd rather go through my symptoms than the side effects. I never planned on staying on the permanently. It started because of a certain period in my life where the sleep was effecting me dangerously and the weed wasn't cutting it. Valium was a godsend for me but I quickly realised how easy it was to turn them into a habit. Hence why I only fill the script like 2-3 times a year. I've been extremely lucky over my years that because I consume my prescriptions so fast I experience barely any withdrawals afterwards. I just keep smoking weed and don't even notice it.

I do use marijuana daily as well for the problems I have. The cocktail of meds I was on was just hellish and I'd rather go through my symptoms than the side effects. I never planned on staying on the permanently. It started because of a certain period in my life where the sleep was effecting me dangerously and the weed wasn't cutting it. Valium was a godsend for me but I quickly realised how easy it was to turn them into a habit. Hence why I only fill the script like 2-3 times a year. I've been extremely lucky over my years that because I consume my prescriptions so fast I experience barely any withdrawals afterwards. I just keep smoking weed and don't even notice it.

Once you've got a taste of harder drugs weed just never seems to cut it anymore :p I still smoke on the regular and it does help with anxiety but I get how benzos simply have the devil's lettuce outmatched. There's no real way to handle anxiety to be honest.. even benzo use results in ironically *more anxiety.* I suppose it's just proof that we should relax and breathe in the open air instead of thinking about the millions of potential ways we are about to die lollll. Get your tin foil hat on just in case the FBI uses it's mind reading brain waves to invade your personal space everyone! The aliens are watching us! They know about the drugs ya'll be taking.

That repeated cycle of eating the script in a short moment is what I do with my adderall teehee. It seems that no matter how beneficial a medication can be there will always be addicts who eat them all in two days. It is what it is.. I'm glad that you don't encounter benzo withdrawal. Regarding HR, that's really the biggest danger in all of this. If benzo and opiate withdrawal didn't exist--why on earth would anyone not be on them 24/7? We are just not meant to live chemically enhanced for all eternity. Sometimes some anxiety here and there is a good thing. It helps you get things done and prepare for what's ahead. But when you're sitting on your couch having a panic attack for absolutely no reason.. that's a different kind of anxiety that only xanax can stop.