• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam for seizures please help

delphinen

Bluelighter
I am right now low on benzodiazepines, I have only 5 10mg Diazepam for 2 days; months before I had a seizure because I ran out of benzos for 3 days straight. I am also on Venlafaxine 50-75mg per day.
I would like you guys to help me if 50mg Diazepam would be enough for this weekend (2 days) or I should go to the hospital, ask for a random doctor, explain all the shit I am going through, so they give me some more (or not).
My actual psychiatric ordered me to take 20mg Diazepam and 2,5mg Lorazepam per day, but I ran out of the latter because I am a stupid junkie.
Thanks in advance.

You had a seizure after stopping how much abruptly?

50mg should hold you for 2 days no problem IMO if you're supposed to be on 20mg diazepam + 2.5mg lorazepam.

Obviously, I'm not a doctor and if you're in any doubt / fear then go to a hospital or wait and see what others have to say.

I think I was on 4mg Clonazepam at that time, I stopped for 3 days, went to the hospital because I felt very bad, sweating and nervous, and had a grand mal petit seizure right there when I was waiting; then I was directed to get an EEG but it showed only "rapid movement" whatever that means.
Then I was put on 2,5mg Lorazepam or 2mg Clonazepam per day, but after some months I asked the doctor if I could switch to Diazepam because of the longer half life because I sometimes take more of what I am supposed to, so she switched me to 20mg Diazepam per day.
And 3 weeks ago I started on 50-75mg Venlafaxine per day because of my major depressive disorder; since the first day, it worked really well on my system and my attitude with problems, but since it is a SNRI I always worry about seizures.

I dont mean to sound preachy but if you have seizures I really really really wouldnt try to get high off benzos. I mean if your brain was a car you were born with faulty breaks and every time you use a benzos to get high you run the risk of preventing benzos ability to keep your breaks able to work. Idk if bbc that makes sense basicallyif insulin got you high my cousin was born with diabetes if she started using high doses of insulin for a buzz she might not be able to control her insulin anymore at theraputic doses.

Oh no no, there's literally no dose of benzos that would make me high, I stopped even trying a long time ago, I take more than what I'm supposed to because it helps me with my anxiety, my panic disorders, and helps me sleep, 20mg Diazepam some days isn't enough, specially since I started on Venlafaxine. I tried telling my psychiatric this but she said it would get better alone with time.

So you told your doc that your taking more than you should? i just can't understand what kind of doctor would allow you to do something on such a dangerous drug. I'm sorry about the seizure but it sounds like you're a drug addict and you should ask your doc about tapering down from the diazepam. There are other meds to prevent seizures i'm pretty sure if you keep messing around with diazepam the next seizure will be your last especially when you're taking more than u should!.. also you say u take more than what your supposed to because it helps your anxiety, panic disorder & helps you sleep. It sounds like your self diagnosing yourself, just because it helps you get to sleep does not mean that u take more than your actual dose. I really am sorry to hear about the seizure's but to be honest i dont think your helping yourself to begin with.

You're going to have to decide the most convenient point in the near future to let someone know what actually is going on with you. You might be able to milk a couple more pills here and there from your providers, but in the process will almost certainly tip your hand to them, so at this point it's most likely inevitable, hence, pick the most convenient time to begin an actual detox.

If we start discussing going to the hospital to acquire additional Benzodiazepine scripts, the thread will be closed immediately.

So you told your doc that your taking more than you should? i just can't understand what kind of doctor would allow you to do something on such a dangerous drug. I'm sorry about the seizure but it sounds like you're a drug addict and you should ask your doc about tapering down from the diazepam. There are other meds to prevent seizures i'm pretty sure if you keep messing around with diazepam the next seizure will be your last especially when you're taking more than u should!.. also you say u take more than what your supposed to because it helps your anxiety, panic disorder & helps you sleep. It sounds like your self diagnosing yourself, just because it helps you get to sleep does not mean that u take more than your actual dose. I really am sorry to hear about the seizure's but to be honest i dont think your helping yourself to begin with.

I tend to agree here a bit and your doctor is doing you a disservice by not prescribing a more appropriate, non-habit forming antiepileptic.