• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam for MRI

CantseemtofindMary

Bluelighter
I'm supposed to be getting an MRI next month and I'm terrified, because I'll only be taking Valium/Diazepam. Will I be tired for the rest of the day after the drug wears off?

That depends on how much you're taking and what your tolerance to gabaergics is like.

Dose?
Current tolerance?

You'll be just fine during the MRI! I hate them too

What part are you scared about the MRI or the long lasting effect of Diazepam?

Diazepam was the first benzo I took, bought over the intenet using Western Union. That were the day's. But in hindsight I would have chosen a shorter acting one as the sedated feel that lingered on for 36 hours was annoying.
The intention was to induce sleep quickly but I was green as a greenlight and choose a benzo with a ultra slow come up, profound muscle relaxing effects and extreme long halflife. Great allround feel though, very warm compared to others, and a very good anxiolityc. Which is one of the reason they are giving it to you probably.

Do you have any say about what sedative to use?

I'm concered about both, and I had no say, because the office just offers Valium. The funny thing to me is, I've always wanted to try my seizure rescue meds (Midazolam), which are obviously benzos, but I'm terrified to take Valium. Why does my brain do this to me?

I'm concered about both, and I had no say, because the office just offers Valium. The funny thing to me is, I've always wanted to try my seizure rescue meds (Midazolam), which are obviously benzos, but I'm terrified to take Valium. Why does my brain do this to me?

Diazepam has a biphasic half-life. Its effects are felt most strongly for a few hours after it is administered, which then rapidly dissipate as the drug is distributed into the body's fatty tissues.

So don't worry, at a normal therapeutic dose of diazepam (like 10mg?) you're not going to be sedated for days, in spite of what the long elimination half-life may suggest on paper.

Why don't you try diazepam once before you go for your MRI? The reason I say this is you seem to be building the valium up into a scary monster in your head which it isn't and if you try it once you will be like "what was I worry about that for" It will put your mind at ease and you can stop stressing.