• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Diazepam and Clonazepam

Jungo871

Bluelighter
What's people's options on these two benzos? I think Clonazepam is overrated compared to diazepam. I've had both and diazepam wins by a long shot. I've read vallies have moderate abuse potential but IMO and IME it has high abuse potential as does every benzodiazepine. Clonazepam just doesn't have that 'kick' to it whereas diazepam comes on faster and hits hard. Lorazepam, clonazepam are way overrated. Not tried lorazepam but got offered it by a psych doc when I was sectioned (took a seroquel OD but was fine went from 100mg prescribed to 800mg and didn't feel bad but they said it's bad for the heart) he hinted about giving me it to help sleep after my 'OD' and didn't mention it to him again because he probably thought I'd be begging for it lol if if it was temazepam maybe. But apart from maybe alprazolam, clonazepam is shit takes ages to come on and 5mg did nothing. So why isn't diazepam so popular? It has high abuse potential IME of the two? Anyone tell me the difference? I think the NHS think their experts but we all know it isn't and Coming off this shit is the worst ever physically and psychologically

I've yet to experience diazepam but clonazepam is great imo. I enjoy how long it lasts and doesn't get me sleepy or groggy like a high dose of xanax would do. Temazepam is great for sleep if that's what you're looking for..very strong hypnotic.

What's people's options on these two benzos? I think Clonazepam is overrated compared to diazepam. I've had both and diazepam wins by a long shot. I've read vallies have moderate abuse potential but IMO and IME it has high abuse potential as does every benzodiazepine. Clonazepam just doesn't have that 'kick' to it whereas diazepam comes on faster and hits hard. Lorazepam, clonazepam are way overrated. Not tried lorazepam but got offered it by a psych doc when I was sectioned (took a seroquel OD but was fine went from 100mg prescribed to 800mg and didn't feel bad but they said it's bad for the heart) he hinted about giving me it to help sleep after my 'OD' and didn't mention it to him again because he probably thought I'd be begging for it lol if if it was temazepam maybe. But apart from maybe alprazolam, clonazepam is shit takes ages to come on and 5mg did nothing. So why isn't diazepam so popular? It has high abuse potential IME of the two? Anyone tell me the difference? I think the NHS think their experts but we all know it isn't and Coming off this shit is the worst ever physically and psychologically

Totally disagree. 4-6mg of Klonopin is bliss. Toss in a legit bar and now we’re feeling good. Valium makes me want to sleep. That’s the thing with benzos though... people react differently to them than others and we all have our preferences.

Everybody reacts differently to benzos. Diazepam kicks in faster and if you do not have legitimate anxiety or a reason for taking it, I guess it would be preferred. For me, Clonazepam wins by a long shot. It is stronger and manages my PTSD well. You did not mention if it is for medical or recreational purposes but I'd say Clonazepam beats it by far in both categories. For swift action Alprazolam is above all but you can simply take the Clonazepam sublingually to bring on the onset more rapidly. But again. Everybody is different.

Clonazepam is my favourite benzo by a mile, I don't understand why u dont like it but I suppose different ppl react differently. It's as strong as Alprazolam mg for mg and it lasts a lot longer too. If your looking for a benzo for insomnia then I'd recommend Nitrazepam over Temazepam.

I dont really do benzos anymore but clonazepam was also my favourite Benzo by a long shot. 2mg clonaz are basically = 40mg diaz for me but but at a price for 10mg diaz. and then this fluffy boody feeling which is just way better then diaz body feeling. but keep in mind that people can experience different benzos at a different strenght because thei metabolism differs. this can make a hell of a difference especially when you also consume anti depressants which complicates things even further.

I agree with OP and prefer diaz to clonazepam. Don't get me wring I love both, but diazepam has the more muscle relaxant qualities I like.
OP it is very much down to personal preference though, just like any benzo, or any drug for that matter!

Diazepam is more recreational in my opinion then Clonazepam, if you have zero tolerance that is, with a benzo tolerance I find valium ineffective all ways around

clonaz>Diazepam>lorazepam>alprazolam. in that particular order I prefer clonazepam the best imo, there's also bromazepam but I didn't count that coz it's trash for me. I've enjoyed Ativan sometimes even more than Diazepam so I think they're on the same lvl actually, alprazolam has an awful taste and the fx don't last as long.

Lorazepam has such a dirty buzz it literally shoots to my stomach causing a nauseated stomach pain

Hi guys haven't been on for a while had issues but I like benzos mainly for anxiety but also like the recreational part. I agree with it being a personal preference but diaz hits quicker and gives me that carefree feeling. Clonazepam comes on too slow but can give me that nice benzo feeling. Overall diaz hits quicker but it's unpredictability makes it hard to judge how I will react. Generally benzos can give me anxiety other times I'm in a haze. I take an antidepressant so maybe that has some role in the effects

Although alprazolam is my fave benzo for it's fast come on, punch and relatively quick comedown.
Diazapam would be my second choice as I love the muscle relaxant qualities, longer life and chill factor (mind and body).
Seems this is all changing now:
Not sure phenibut is a proper benzo but the effects/affects are effective, suble and long lasting... perfect for me and may be becoming my DOC.
I know haldol is more of an anti psychotic but imma get a couple tomorrow and give it a try this weekend... just for the experience. Anyone gonna tell me to dont be stupid and leave the haldol alone? Or encouragement?
Thanks
Ptah

Edit: Back on topic; clonazapam is good when one isn't doing anything for a while and drinking with a couple buddies. Just have to sleep it off the next day and the hangovers seem to be worse: been a while since I drank on benzos so my recollections may be a bit amok.
Hell... aint had any benzos, pain meds or other (cept a couple hits of crack) in a month or more.
Kratom daily

Last edited:
^ hi PtakTek I agree alprazolam is fast acting and is good fast acting but wears off too fast but I would like it along with diazepam for withdrawals. Love diazepam too because it's got a long half-life and great muscle relaxant effects has me staggering around even with being on it for years 30mg daily. Would like to try phenibut heard great things about it. As for the Haldol stay back from that shit. I was on quetiapine for anxiety and insomnia and the latter is all its good for. 100mg a night nasty stuff. All antipsychotics are dangerous and should only be used for psychosis coming off it was hellish wasn't right for months after being on it.

It's not worth it all antipsychotics can cause heart problems, sudden death and some you have to even get white cell checks it's serious stuff. I'd stick with the benzos

It is cool to see how much we all vary. Just like opioids, how we metabolize drugs truly impacts their effects. Alprazolam felt like a horse tranquilizer the first time I took it but I just feel like years of daily benzo use changes the game. Diazepam is nice in extremely high doses but along with the Alpraz it just stopped doing it for me.

Clonazepam, consistently, has done the job for years at 2MG. Even now 4MG will just make me tired but if I fight it I guess I get the recreational feeling people speak of. I guess since I was prescribed both drug classes simultaneously, the euphoria of opipods just changed my views on benzos. They are a Godsend and managed my PTSD well but I find no recreational value whatsoever. I am glad others find rec value from any benzo honestly.

I wish I could experience the effects without the anxiety and PTSD but for now am just thankful these drugs exist because they are very necessary. Oh yeah, and though all can make you tired, Temazepam really wins by a mile for sleep. 30MG and the vivid dreams are beautiful and I get a solid 5 hours uninterrupted which was once unthinkable for me. Wish you all the best.

Off topic a bit but the only opioid that does nothing for me is Tramadol. Other people love it maybe I don't have the correct enzymes to metobilse it. Only got a dunt when taking it with other opioids. Yep Temazepam is good but 30mg did nothing to me but had a general benzo tolerance so maybe why it done nothing

Off topic a bit but the only opioid that does nothing for me is Tramadol. Other people love it maybe I don't have the correct enzymes to metobilse it. Only got a dunt when taking it with other opioids. Yep Temazepam is good but 30mg did nothing to me but had a general benzo tolerance so maybe why it done nothing

I don't even consider Tramadol an opioid. I used to be prescribed 400MG daily and all I experienced was severe withdrawals near daily. I likely metabolized it rapidly as well but got no opioid-like effects to speak of. It did alter my mood slightly so I guess the SSRI properties were working but yeah... I'd take Tylenol over that for pain.

Actually the same no opioid effects just a slight mood lift a bit better than a cup of coffee. Never taken it for pain but from what you said it's not worth bothering with. I do wonder though why it has a slight mood lifting effect when other SSRIs haven't the same effect. Do you think paracetamol alone without codeine then taking cocodomals makes it stronger?

Actually the same no opioid effects just a slight mood lift a bit better than a cup of coffee. Never taken it for pain but from what you said it's not worth bothering with. I do wonder though why it has a slight mood lifting effect when other SSRIs haven't the same effect. Do you think paracetamol alone without codeine then taking cocodomals makes it stronger?

That is a very good question. I do believe the way we metabolize it, especially the speed, must have an extreme effect. I say this because a good friend of mine from the military gets pain relief from his Tramadol but not the "speedy" effect me and you felt from it. Like you said, it was almost like a slightly stronger cup of coffee. I found myself very talkative during the first hour of my dosage taking effect.

And I can only attest to personal experience, but while I know it is not the safest combination, co-codamol seemed to metabolize with the Tramadol and turned it more into a painkiller than without it. I know that paracetamol is a much safer combination, but this didn't aide in pain but definitely made that "cup of coffee" feeling amplified. I am actually very happy you brought this up as it has been a while since thinking about this. I can almost say indefinitely paracetamol and Tramadol could have been by anti-depressant with no other treatment! I was always suspicious that the Codeine was the only true pain relief I was getting but it lasted longer when combined with Tramadol and became a daily thing for about a year.