• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diaz CT...FFS.

50shadesofDave

Bluelighter
Hi folks, just wondered if i got this down on 'paper' for others to view, i may find a pearl of wisdom from somewhere.

What's happened has been all my own fault of course.
for the last 3-4 years i have been taking diazepam off script, it started when i bought some in Thailand, my digs were on koh san road and struggled with sleeping, went to the pharmacy and ended up walking out with a box of hundred and they were just what i needed in Thailand, although only had used 1 strip during my entire month out there.

I did the daft thing and brought them home, i spent the next six months using them from time to time, never consecutive and did'nt have a problem when they ran out. Around 3 years ago i was offered some of the legit Bensedins and since that time my use went to 30mg each evening. Three weeks ago i was sent dodgy pills for the first time, Bromazolam i think, but really low/random doses. So into cold turkey i went. I've not left the house in three weeks.
I don't drink alcohol but when i have been getting close to a fit or shaking to bad to handle i have been downing the odd can of lager which seems to calm me down.

I have been taking l-theanine and cbd, but just wondered if there's a better alternative any of you have had success with. Probably does'nt help i forgot to pick my dhc xr script up so C/T from that too.
I'm not bothered about the dhc though as they were for my cruciate (acl) damage and struggle to wear steel toe cap boots, i've been out of work for a month and don't suffer pain. Would anyone recommend them for withdrawals? I'm in the uk and telling the doc is no good as they won't ptescribe any benzo and i don't want the record.

Apologies for the incoherant ramble.
Thank you for reading.
Any advice welcome.

Can you get clonidine? It's for high blood pressure but times I've had bad anxiety and take my daily dose of clonzepam but days it's bad I find adding 0.1mg of clonidine helps.
Is dhc dihydrocodeine? If so it may help but you'd have to be careful to not get addicted to them as well.
Eating healthy and exercising helps quite a bit also.
Other then that just time. Keep reminding yourself this feeling will go away.
You should see a doctor, cold turkey from benzos can cause seizures.

Thank you for the replies guys, i have some gabapentin coming in the next few days, i got them for sleep.
I will have a look into Clonidine thank you, i have never heard of it so i really appreciate your thought.
As for the dhc then yes it's dihydracodeine slow release, i have it for around 6 years due to smashing my knees in a motorcyle accident. I'm not in pain when i am not wearing steel toe boots so have been able to stop that too, my script arrives today but unsure weather to restart.
And i was worried about the seizures, but being a non drinker 1 or two beers settles me right down, they are leftovers from xmas. I'm not drinking daily or anything just when the fog is too bad.

Really appreciate your kind thoughts x

Sulpiride usually helps. It's a weak antipsichotic that is also used for vertigo. Problem is that not all countries have it; if yours do you could ask for sulpiride itself or Dogmatil, a well known brand.
Sulpiride and Lyrica can be helpful, and yes, few cans of beer do their thing also. DO NOT overdo beer/ booze, a hangover makes any wd feel 10 times worse

Thank you Senor, i will look into your suggestions. I don't like booze so i find it easy to swerve, it just seems to be very calming at the worst times, i stick to 2 max as i did'nt want a hangover, hopefully a proper nights sleep will see me feeling a bit better.
My last dose was 10 days ago so i'm hoping any seizure/shakes are through, i feel ok physically just this lack of sleep and fog is my main issue.
Thank you for the suggestions, more reading for me this evening. Appreciate your time and thought.

You are welcome man
I would say that you probably will be "fine", diazepam lasts forever but 10 days is time enough for serious complications after cesation to happen; thanks God it doesn't seem to be your case.
Just two things: about sulpiride, if you find it, it may or may not be sold otc
About clonidine you need to know that it's a strong medication and you shouldn't go over 0.2 or 0.3 mg/ day, and you must avoid adding other BP downers to it, like say heavy doses of opiates. Also, you don't want to use clonidine for a time and then stop it out of the blue, you want to taper it of in some days to avoid BP rebounds to happen
Good luck

Thanks again dude, i ended up breaking the last 8-9 into small bits and had a real harsh taper, i worried myself watching people who had had grand mals, i'm not saying it's easy and i've lost a 1/2 stone in sweat, i have had strobing vision though and that's when i down a beer (seems to work) but maybe just kicking the can down the road, but all my fault.
Honestly do appreciate peoples input as it gives me options i did'nt have, so thanks once more.