• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Diarrhea after rolling

EpicurusFire

Bluelighter
I haven't seen much on this, but i've noticed that it has happened every time, the day after I roll. Is it a cause of concern or relatively normal?

Normal, infact....i destroyed my toilet just this morning when i woke up after a night of being faced....nothing better than a good e-dump.

It seems as if you're doing permanent damage to your colon... that's not very tight butthole. I'd stop rolling at once before it completely lapses

I would say this is normal. It has to do with serotonin, because serotonin is closely related to both diarrhea and MDMA.

In the digestive tract
The gut is surrounded by enterochromaffin cells, which release serotonin in response to food in the lumen. This makes the gut contract around the food. Platelets in the veins draining the gut collect excess serotonin.
If irritants are present in the food, the enterochromaffin cells release more serotonin to make the gut move faster, i.e., to cause diarrhea, so that the gut is emptied of the noxious substance. If serotonin is released in the blood faster than the platelets can absorb it, the level of free serotonin in the blood is increased. This activates 5HT3 receptors in the chemoreceptor trigger zone that stimulate vomiting.[19] The enterochromaffin cells not only react to bad food, they are also very sensitive to irradiation and cancer chemotherapy. Drugs that block 5HT3 are very effective in controlling the nausea and vomiting produced by cancer treatment, and are considered the gold standard for this purpose.[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin#In_the_digestive_tract

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA#Pharmacology

It also may be your body rejecting the drug(or the impurities) altogether. The natural response is diarrhea.

Last edited:
It could also be a very bad reaction your liver is getting from MDMA.

I remember seeing in a BBC documentary posted on here that some woman competely fucked up her liver from using mdma because it wasnt agreeing with her liver and she kept using it , but was unaware of this.

Pill shit! Yeah normal reaction from the release of serotonin as severely said, it is the same as why some chuck up, a sudden influx of serotonin.

My e-dumps (as we so awesomely referr to it as) are usually pretty solid.

Dunno what that means but occasionally it will be a bit thinner. I Wonder if there is a way to check and see if your liver does not agree with the use.

If liver enzymes are elevated this can be tested for.
It also normally makes a person feel pretty sick, not just shitting a lot.
If you feel nauseous, green around the gills, and ANY tenderness around the stomach you should indeed have your liver enzymes checked.
Only one case study did I find where doctors argued that MDMA caused slow liver toxicity.
The young male patient had no adverse events while rolling, but over a period of six months or so he experienced liver failure.

Liver failure is normally such a severe event that people RUSH to the hospital and feel like they are dying.
Their hands and feet can swell like balloons, their face swells up and turns yellow...their body basically poisons itself.
It is horrible beyond belief and anyone that goes through it experiences nausea, diarrhea, and body sickness that is hard to imagine.

Most doctors believe that MDMA related liver toxicity is NOT caused by the MDMA.
It is part of the bodies immune response.
Serotonin is a critical component of the immune system, including temperature regulation.
Fevers on MDMA certainly endanger the liver...
My experience suggests that SWELLING at the top of the GI is a great cause of damage.
I had so much swelling just below my stomach that I feared bumping into to something.
I was CERTAIN that enough pressure would actually cause a rupture!
I cannot express how bad it was - I have NEVER felt so much pressure around my stomach before in my entire life!
The body destroys the liver in its attempt to control brain serotonin activity.

I do not believe that post-roll diarrhea is a result of altered liver function.
Severely hit the nail on the head - good job by the way.

The primary purpose of serotonin is to contract the smooth muscle around the intestines.
90% of your serotonin and serotonin receptors exist in the gut, not the brain.
Serotonin is considered the brain-gut circuitry, and it has a surprising (even miraculous) ability to evoke powerful emotions in people.
And damage to the serotonin system has an equally (or greater) ability to invoke suffering and loss of humanity!

Many people feel nauseous or have to SHIT when rolling.
I even took to using an enema at one point. 8o

But I never had diarrhea, even the next day.
Perhaps loose stools but not true diarrhea.
Such an event calls attention to you DIET.

What are you eating around the time of the roll and the days leading up to it?
Poor diet is the greatest suspect.
Parasites are also considered.

I should point out that ever since my Serotonin Syndrome I have had MAJOR changes in digestion.
I didn't eat solid food for about a month afterwards, because every-time I did I felt EXTREME anxiety.
I could literally feel the food SCRAPING against my intestines all the down, and it tortured my brain. Physically.
It was like something was tickling my brain from inside my gut for HOURS. I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

I survived on protein shakes with lots of fruit in them.
Four weeks of weight loss and finding Piracetam is what allowed me to start eating real food again.
But I still had to be very cautious about my diet, as anxiety and head-pressure was directly linked to digestion.
At 6 months I was finally able to eat fast food again.
Even now at 14 months I still get mild head-pressure and what some people would call depersonalization as food passes through the lowest portion of my intestines.
It appears to me that my intestines have been rewired into my brain from top to bottom, with the colon being the last target during recovery.

For almost 8 months my bowel movements were either soft or unformed, like they just kinda fell out of me.
They still show signs of reduced colon contraction with only a few inches being formed and the rest formless.
Oh well, at least I'm eating whatever I want to and having regular daily BMs now.
Charming.

On the more socially acceptable side I am finally back up to normal weight.
I have been exercising like mad all year, so I'm sure that slowed it down.
I actually have more muscle mass than I ever did before. :D

Oh yeah - I almost forgot to mention that for the first six months I could NOT feel the sensation of nausea.
I'm dead serious - no matter how much vitamin C I took there wasn't a HINT of it.
I always used to get a little sick to my stomach on Vit C.
Nausea, I believe, is a symphony of brain activity - not a simple biological sensation.
When I finally started feeling nausea again I considered it a very good sign.

Don't worry too much about your diarrhea, just watch your doses and space them well.
A collapse of the intestines produces more problems than you can begin to imagine.
At least yours still work.

A lot of people mention the need to use the toilet when coming up! Normally though after you have calmed down / come up then the need to use the bathroom subsides. If you are drinking a lot of sugary drinks during the night then I have noticed that you may have a runny tummy when you start to come down (if you have had nothing to eat!)

If you notice its becoming a regular happening then look at what your eating / drinking or (what I do) is take something like 'Imodium' before you start - this way you will know that you will not have a problem.

I absolutely decimated my bathroom mid session tonight. Thank fuck I wasn't in a club, would have been brutal