View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DIAGNOSED PTSD/DEPRESSION after acid trip

truchainz39

Greenlighter
aSo pretty much one night about a month ago. Im with a friend and I decided to take 1 hit of acid. I've taken acid 15 times before and all have been good trips. But that day was also the first day i didn't feel in the right "mindset" to do lsd but I did it anyway. Before this Trip I have never suffered depression just a high amount of anxiety. At first It was pretty fun. Then towards the end of the night I was talking with my friend and his girlfriend and I just assumed they were making fun of me. Usually I dont care what people think but being in this psychedelic mindset I took it to HARD offense. I didn't confront them like i should and Just stayed in sadness the rest of the night with just tons of anxiety running through me and I just had to fall asleep, and I did fast. The morning after right when I wake up I feel the WORST feeling I have ever felt before.(Later found out it was depression). I instantly started to cry and couldn't stop thinking about myself. I havent been the same since.

This was also the time my friend group started falling apart. The 2 weeks after my trip were also the 2 worst weeks of my entire life. During those 2 weeks I experienced my first signs of PTSD. I have never felt depression before and now I started experience it for my first time. I kept on feeling the same anixety and horrible thoughts that happend the same night of my acid trip. I suffered many anxiety/panic attacks and had to go get help. My friends were also telling me I was changing negatively. I went to my psychiatrists and told her everything that has been going on and she no doubt knew it was some sort of PTSD. Knowing this did help a lot cause it cleared my question of if im going crazy which i was not. She prescribed me Zoloft (setraline) 50mg and ive been taking it for a week so far.(going up to 100mg next week) It has been making a decent difference so far. But due to it being an SSRI its gonna be another 3 weeks till it takes full effect. I still suffer anxiety/panic attacks and the pill has made them from major to minor.:)

I have found comfort and help with my depression and anxiety with some things lately. I have stopped all weed,caffeine,and nicotine usage and has made some benefits. I have found some comfort through my medicine. But the most comfort is def from my family and friends. They have made me from suicidal to a fighter. and have made my depression,anxiety,PTSD a lot better. But still today I still suffer anxiety attacks and flashbacks from the same night. I have found comfort but im not "COMFORTABLE". i still feel sadness and im not the same person i Used to be. I can't be around the friend that i thought was making fun of me and i can't be in the same room i had my trip in. that is why im here asking you guys for help. :)

(I know I will eventually get better soon, just soon isn't "soon" enough. Havent finished a school day in weeks

Last edited:
Stick with your therapy, talk about it whenever you feel the need, I have no experience with depression but during tough times in my life, just talking about it, saying stuff out loud, helped me a lot.
How old are you? When did you first try psychedelics?

im 18 and started when 16 only did it like 3-5 times a year. I do agree with talking about my problems it has been one of the best medicine for me during this time.