• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DHC vs Codeine orally?

thatrandomdude

Bluelighter
So I know that DHC only has a 20% bioavailability taken orally whereas codeine has 90% bioavailability. Would this theoretically mean taking (for example) 60mg of DHC (assuming it is, twice as strong as codeine) and 60mg of codeine, the codeine would hit harder?

I've been taking DHC too much recently and have come to a sudden stand still on where I get my tablets from, so thought now would be a good time to ween off. Any insight would be appreciated. thanks.

your questions is awkward and maybe useless but i would say since DHC is stronger you are always gonna feel that first, codeine is just harder to notice because it is weak. if you're trying to ween off then just go for it, use codeine, whatever, you'll only figure out dosages by your own experience, bioavailability is not the same for everybody and probably is dependent on what kind of food is in your stomach, etc.

you can also plug DHC, i've done it, it works, and is a bit more effective than eating it.

You’re roughly in the right ballpark. Yeah you can use codeine to taper off DHC. If you were only taking the DHC orally you probably will find that an equivalent dosage of codeine may hit you harder.

You’re in a relatively weak family of opiates anyway, so you will hopefully have an easier taper/WD.

Good luck.