Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Dextromethorphan intensity lowered by MDMA

bimbo_leggins

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I've had a total of 6 trips on DXM - 90, 210, 300, 360, 405 & 420 mg. All trips happened relatively recently and all of them apart from the last one were separated by around 7-10 days and had predictably ascending intensity. Now I had around 4 weeks of a break before the last trip, so I would assume not only it would be proportionally stronger vs the previous one, but also magnified by the longer break period allowing for proper reduction of tolerance.

BUT I had a (first) MDMA trip 2,5 weeks before the last DXM trip. And this is my main suspect of being a culprit here.

The last DXM trip was both objctively (little pupil dilation, little urinary suppression, little gait/coordination alteration) and subjectively (little intense headspace) less intense than the previous one. I would say it (420 mg) was equivalent to the second (210 mg) one, so 2x less potent.

I know DXM mostly works on glutamate receptors, but it also has a secondary effect on serotonin. Am I correct supposing the depleted levels of serotonin lowered the potency of DXM? Or could it be something else?

May I add that each time my DXM trip set and setting looked almost the same, so I don't imagine these kind of conditions being a culprit.

A side thought is, as I've read a lot about DXM tolerance / trip limit, maybe it's cause is at least partially because of some cross-tolerance with serotonergic entactogens, which are one of the most prevalent drugs today?