Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Dextromethorphan (1.2g) - Experienced - Pushing Spiritual Limits in the Wild

Dexoid

Greenlighter
To my demise, I have probably taken more DXM(Dextromethorphan) than any other substance, with the exception of marijuana. This has led me to explore every aspect, every nook and cranny there is to possibly find about this "spiritual" liquid, giving myself the hilarious title of Dr. DXM. Most cases I tend to stick with RoboGels(Robitussin GelCaps), due to the relatively pure amount of DXM in them, but sometimes(don't we all) I tend to fall on the CCC (Coricidin) side of things, but this is rare, CCC's can be pretty, erm, "messy" due to the antihistamine in it. The most I had ever taken was .96 grams (960 mgs), but for this particular experience, I thought I wouls push it just a bit, considering my cousin and I were about to take off on a 3 day, 2 night camping trip, in an area only accesible by canoe.
We set off early in the morning (approx. 6 am) and that is when I took the first 300 mgs (my usual starting/interval dose).
T-30 min I start to feel a slight come-up, similar to the stimulant effect of speed
T-1 hr Effects noticable, slight change in perception, seem to be more content with things
T-2 hr We arrive at the campground, reality has that little "iffy-ness" to it/ things seem slightly different, like, unnatural
T-2.5 hr Take 600 mgs. This puts me at 900. Go for a hike to collect firewood and look for mushrooms/food, I know effects will be STRONG when I get back to camp
T-4 hr Reality melting with my own mind, things I belieive to be there are not there, not quite hallucinations, more like perceived thoughts of images. This is where i decide fuck it, I'll beat my record, so I take another 300 (this time it is 10 CCC pills, I had to swallow quick, we were just about to start fishing)
T-6 hr I'm fading in and out of a sort of auto-pilot mode, when I'm out, It's almost complete zen and peace, like im floating through a worry-free world. When i fade back in to auto-pilot, my legs are kind of just carrying me, in my mind I am thinking "I'm not even moving my legs, they're moving themselves".

At this point I've pretty much lost track of all time, and have reverted to the ancient method of using the sun as a clock, which I find suprisingly easier on this trip. My memories are hazy for the next 24 hours or so, I do clearly remember betting with my cousin on who can climb higher on the cliff overhanging the river, and looking down 450 ft to my death. Humorously, now is the time I think, "Maybe I shouldn't have taken this rediculous amount of DXM then have decided to climb almost vertically up the whole way, with no way of knowing how to get down (eventually I kind of just made a "dirt/rock/stick slide down the side of the mountain, pretty cool :p)
Throughout the trip we had pre-rolled joints and rolled a few more and smoked some bowls in the tent, just adding on to the insane trip. I pretty much tripped into the next day, where I sobered up on 20 mile canoe trip home. That was yesterday, and I am already on another 600 mgs + melatonin and DPH (for obvious reasons). Guess I have a really big problem to solve, huh? Happy tripping, please be safe=D

There is something wrong with you claiming to be an expert on any particular drug. I am going to edit your title to say Experienced.