• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dextroamphetamine And Now My Head Feels Like I Am Wear A Hat .

jtkirk

Greenlighter
I was curious about how Dextroamhetamine could make you feel, that's how my recreational use started. I do it maybe once a month after I have saved up enough pills from the weekends off. My daily dose is 50mg in the am and 40mg in the evening. After my last recreational use I felt as if their was a ring around around my head, like im wearing a hat, I am not in any pain, some pressure behind my eyes but my vision is not blurry. I can think clearly and the only hallucination I see is my wife's todo list. I can't find any information online. Anyone have this experience and maybe explain it to me? My head is also slightly tingly. Other than that, I Feel fine and after a quick search online, I have no other symptoms of say on overdose, just this one I can't explain... I took 200mg of Dextroamphetamines over a two hour period, which is nothing unusual for me.

Note: I do not wear hats, nor any kind of helmet which would suggest that this would happen as a result of actually having a ring of pressure around my scalp.

My request is not urgent, but I am slightly nervous over what may come of this. Maybe I overloaded the system or something.

P.S. How long after your last does of Detroamphetamine is the average time one should feel the "comedown" I have heard/read about? Not wondering for a specific person but surely there must be an average?

Looking forward to reading your replies and thanks..

Last edited:
Your prescribed 90 mg of dexamphetamine a day not even adderall which would be i think like 120 mg ?

Or is 90 mg your normal recreational dose?

Sorry 90 mg is my normal every day does. My recreational does ranges from 200-350 mg. Again, sorry for the confusion.

I didnt even know doctors could legally prescribe 90 mg of dexamphetamine everyday.

Have you had your blood pressure and pulse checked on these recreational doses?

Yes, both here at home and at the hospital. All well within the norm. Yeah, my Psychiatrist prescribed the medication. My Family doctor nor my pharmacist or the clinic doctor has ever questioned the dose.

Sounds like high blood pressure, but we can't diagnose medical issues over the internet. 300mg is a very large dose.

Not really asking for a diagnosis as I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the sensation of wearing a hat or having a ring on your head after taking a high dose? I can't be the only one.

Actually you did ask for a diagnosis when you asked if anyone knew what might be wrong with you.

My poor choice of words, I suppose. You get in a Frame of mind and you think everyone thinks like you and in the end you are, of course, incorrect. I will go back and edit it. Thanks for pointing it out to me. It is sounding like not too many people have had that experience anyway. perhaps I should broaden my search peramiters.

Yeah, wearing a hat if a very specific feeling, and it implies pressure coming from without rather than a sensation coming from within. Perhaps try to search more broadly for people feeling any type of sensation around the circumference of their skull.

I have an update: It was an imbalance of my body’s electrolytes that made my head feel like I was wearing a hat or had a headache. Basically, important minerals like sodium, magnesium, and potassium were depleted faster than my body could replenish them. Thus, causing the "headache". This was accelerated because my body already had problems absorbing these minerals due to my weight-loss surgery. My advice: Regardless if you've had weightless surgery keep a healthy sports drink or two handy if you plan on using dextroamphetamphime recreationally.

Was going to say, probably nutrient deficiency, dehydration, and probably a combo of high blood pressure.

That feeling is exacerbated while hungover due to the dehydration/electrolyte imbalance.