• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dexedrine vs Vyvanse: experiencing different effects

Dextro .45

Bluelighter
I have been taking Vyvanse in the past, but experience heart palpitations and an uncomfortable feeling at very low doses, 20mg (5.9mg d-amph). I have been taking Ritalin 20mg IR daily instead which is great. Zero negative effects, but lasts only 3-4 hours

A friend of mine who is healthy cardiovascular wise, took Vyvanse 20mg (6mg d-amph) and also experienced uncomfortable heart palpitations

but oddly enough I recently tried Dexedrine IR 10mg and it was Great. SUPER CLEAN, no negative cardio effects what so ever…..wtf? How is this possible as Vyvanse metabolizes into d-amphetamine, peaking at 3 hours after ingestion.

I would expect this heart palpitations from Adderall or racemic amphetamine containing l-amph with greater norepinephrine activity

So strange….can’t figure out why or how. Dexedrine IR was absolutely fabulous compared to Vyvanse

Sorry you didn't get a reply to this.

I tried Vyvanse for a couple of months before settling on Dextroamphetamine IR mostly due to preferences surrounding the duration. I found Vyvanse didn't last nearly long enough to get me through a day and the hour it takes to kick in made redosing imprecise and difficult to time properly. I was also finding that the Vyvanse was making me more irritable when compared to Dextroamphetamine alone. Finally, I found the crash following Vyvanse to be more severe than an equivelent dose of Dex IR. I have no explanation for these discrepancies because as you said they should be the same drug, but there you have it.

That doesn't really answer your question, but you're not the only one who has noticed difficult to explain differences between the two formulations.

I have the exact same experience.
For me the slow release version makes me feel off, then i usually still feel it when i want to sleep.
But 5-10mg of IR dex gets me going and focused.