• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexedrine Vs Adderall

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm they all seem the same to me, i prefer crushing X into immediate release verse taking IR tablets...never had a problem with generics, i guess my doc has to write DAW for the shire adderall XR instead of the XR caps i get that say M. Amph salts 30. ANYHOO MY GOD DAMN DRUG COUNSLER THREATENING me to go to rehab for 3 months if i dont get off my RX Adderall, or my Fioronal for migraines occasionally...such bullshit, doctors orders over ride a damn counsler, and plus "your on suboxone, you cant mix anything with it" ugh so pissed, i finally got a 2 bdrm apt for my son and fiancee, now this shit today

rehab for 3 months? Nobody can make you do that. What kind of rehab keeps you there for 90 days? Are you talking about outpatient because I've never heard of any 90 day rehabs and I've been to inpatient rehab twice at two different places. And what good would a 90 day rehab be good for somebody trying to get off Adderall :\

rehab for 3 months? Nobody can make you do that. What kind of rehab keeps you there for 90 days? Are you talking about outpatient because I've never heard of any 90 day rehabs and I've been to inpatient rehab twice at two different places. And what good would a 90 day rehab be good for somebody trying to get off Adderall :\

The rehab facility I went to was a three month program but most are 7 months or longer depending on your dependency and other factors. I was just perscribed 10mg dexedrine can I get the sapsules or are they for XR?

The rehab facility I went to was a three month program but most are 7 months or longer depending on your dependency and other factors. I was just perscribed 10mg dexedrine can I get the sapsules or are they for XR?

EDIT: You said you went to a 30 day rehab, I was arguing they didn't exist but if you actually stayed I believe you but I don't believe that inpatient rehab woud keep somebody for 7 months, over half a year to get clean. Regardless of your habit. Maybe if it includes outpatient than I can believe that.

dexedrine makes the music hyped and ampd sorta like ice (Kind=_=Of).

Adderall is just what everyone likes unless they are allergic to fucking gay Lamps yes I said their homosexual asshole pills, alright. They are actually ok, I mean they Were nice pills a few Years back, and even better A few more years back. So was Dexedrine though +_+ lol okaaaay yall%)

yeah here in NY they throw u into a residential rehab program for 3-6 months usually, then a halfway house for up to 18 months, evn if ur clean, so u can learn to "live sober" its such bullshit my counselor is fucking up my medicine regimine and calling my DR's up, already got me off the benzos and addy, but i guess i have to maneuveur around the tests, the DRs are confused why he dooing this to me, in 2004 he got me off of methadone that my primary RXED me until i was on suboxone, yes a bottle of methadone, no clinuic, my counselor called my former doctor, immediately cut me off of methadone and went cold turket, relapsed, and violatedd probation by curing my dope sickness and sent upstate for 39 months.he wants me off of suboxone but my sub doc is fighting for me not to...yes my counselor wa talking about long term INPATient 3-6months, crooked NY

I felt no difference between adderall and DextroAMP. I got prescribed it for a short wile because the phycatrist at County said "There basically the same thing"

Dexedrine if anything has more abuse potential. Any Dr. who would switch you to it because you are a drug abuser is either a moron, or secretly sympathetic to our side.

I agree I think any doctor who knew anything about prescribing CNS stimulants/amps would raise an eyebrow if you asked to be switched from adderall to dexedrine. I know I tried it. He paused then said "let me do some research into it, I know a pediatrician who specializes in ADHD" . I thought, would you really give dex to a kid? I got the feeling from his manner and facial expression, naaah. I can read my doctor the same as he can read me, its been like 8 years. Dexedrine is now scarcely prescribed. I did get my prescription bumped from (2) 20mgs IR adderall to (2) 30 mgs a day though, from what I've read thats the max adult dose.

Last edited:
Although there are 4 amphetamines in Adderall the two that are most prominent are Levoamphetamine (the levorotory) "left-handed" enantiomer and Dextroamphetamine salts (the dextrorotory or "right-handed" enantiomer) These specifically target the two hemispheres of the brain. Simply Dex is more stimulative of the imaginative side (creative, recreative), and Levo more so to the logical side (computing, caculating). This creates a more balanced brain stimulation equation. Without this balance, chaos will ensue in the responses of the brain. I believe Dex. itself would have a higher potentional for abuse because it is stimulating the side of the brain that is more responsible for enjoyment of stimuli, whatever they may be to each sense more particulary, physical tactile sensation, visual acuity, and auditory enhancement. The more logical side of the brain (less stimulated without Levo.) is there to manage the complexity and boundries of conclusive reactions in the brain from these different enhanced stimuli from the right side. Too much Levo would amplify the left side to the point that caution becomes paranoia and drive becomes anxiety. Instead too much dex will let's say muffle the "left rotor" and you get less reasoning. By this I mean less responsible thought. The same thought that says I have had enough.. I have got to go my doctor appointment lit trying to refill this prescription today or the frequent, how many days has it been since I have slept? If you use amphetamines make it adderall. The scientists and pharmecologists mixed the salts for a specific reason and I have come to realize after the use of CNS stimulants for extended periods (Adderall, Adderall XR, Vyvanse, Dexedrine) that this reason is 100% applicable and extremely important in the long run of use be it therapuetic or recreational.

Another note. After long periods of use the logical side always wins the balancing equation. By this I mean eventually the nervous system and the nuerons in the brain that control it will downgrade themselves in a biochemical and organic way so that the more primal reactions to the senses that can be damaging or fatal are culled to an extent that varies. High doses used in recreation then become amplified logically and have less of the sensory pleasure to allow the procedure of administering higher dosages to achieved a rememered (addictive) response. This means that the brain can no longer behave anything but logically, forcing an acceptive response to protect the most important left rotory drive (without logic we cannot survive as humans) reduced to only survival instinct in the madulla oblongota (as any beast). The logical mind will create thoughts of proactivity, structure and societal ideation as a means to protect ego and identity. Meaning it will create thoughts of doubt, ego dissapation and increased drive to carry out constructive activity more so than normal. Once the compromise of these components of identity is detected (and ignored) the left side will over-compensate its funtion (ecspecially but not neccessarily on Levoamphetamine) and create over-exaggerated senses of severity in daily activities. Normal choices are thought to hold more signifigant consequences in reality. Trust issues are created amongst previously reliable engagements with events or people. Private issues are thought to become common knowledge. Possible pshycosis and schizophrenic episodes (effective and non-effective) are the cause for this. In study and personal reference these conditions are not noticed as disorders by some one who is previously un-diagnosed or unaffected by them. In fact once the transition is made a seperate believeable (to the affected mind) reality is maintained however illogical it is. Psychosis, schizophrenia and major sustained (life long) depression from stimulant changes in the brain are clinically and medically indistiguishable from traditional forms. Symptoms except for sustained major depression (horrible!) are most commonly reversable with abstinence and/or the medications one or in combination (Depakote, Haldol, Zyprexa..yuck) A very difficult thing to endure for a time, usually weeks after onset. Any one can imagine what these conditions mean from brief references in reading, movies, or TV ...however the truth that nothing can explain except experience is that these disorders debilitate daily function and quality of life more so than even any doctor can know with the vast medical knowledge available. To me seperate mixtures of amphetamine salts only increase the risks of problems with the coherency of the mind in harmony with the two distinct hemispheres of the brain. I firmly believe adderall was formulated to reduce these types of potential nuerological problems. If not then I still believe that I am correct in this observation.

Last edited:
Wow, well the post above me here is one of the biggest crocks of pseudo-science bullshit I've read at BL, and that's saying something.

@JBrandon, it makes perfect sense... You just have to be on the verge of a psychotic break after years of high dose adderall to read between the lines. It all adds up

I was prescribed both at separate times, but in low doses. They are both basically the same to me.

I found Ritalin/methylphenidate, to be completely different from Adderall/dexedrine, since while I was more focused and productive on dexedrine/adderall I got annoying side effects from it like sweating, increased heart rate temporarily, basically no appetite, dry mouth, and I would grind my teeth on 5-15mg taken orally.

Ritalin worked well for me both the instant release, and extended release, for years, at 5-15mg orally, and then it stopped working, and I was prescribed dexedrine, and adderall.

Last edited:
I found adderall to target my symptoms in a more workable manner. Dexedrine was more smooth. If I hadn't already been exposed to Adderall, Dexedrine would have been fine. I think Dexedrine worked well to preserve my creativity more than Adderall, which had the effect of making me a productive machine, but without much critical thought beyond what was obvious.

Typing this brings up cravings. Ouchee.

Status
Not open for further replies.