• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexedrine Vs. Adderall mg per mg

Adderal is 7.5mg d-amp and 2.5mg l-amp, so 10mg addy = 7.5mg dex, or 10mg dex = 13.3mg add

Adderal is 7.5mg d-amp and 2.5mg l-amp, so 10mg addy = 7.5mg dex, or 10mg dex = 13.3mg add

Not exactly. Adderall contains salts which have higher molecular weight than (dextro)amphetamine sulfate (Dexedrine). If I recall correctly, it works out to around 10 mg dex = 15 mg adderall, in terms of d-amphetamine content. However, I wouldn't say that that means 10 mg dex = 15 mg adderall, because that would be assuming that l-amph doesn't do anything, which isn't true. The l-amph probably does release some dopamine, and it also shifts the balance of DA/NE more toward NE, changing the effect.

Basically, you have to figure out how you, personally, respond to the drug. Personally, I would rather have adderall than dexedrine, milligram per milligram. Remember that physical side-effects, i.e. vasoconstriction (cold extremities, increased blood pressure), increased heart rate, anxiety, tremor, will probably occur with adderall at least as much as with dexedrine, mg per mg, due to increased NE release.

from what i heard adderall is 75% dextro-amp. dexedrineis 100% dextro-amp. do the math. 20mg dexedrine= 15mg adderall? is this sound right?

from what i heard adderall is 75% dextro-amp. dexedrineis 100% dextro-amp. do the math. 20mg dexedrine= 15mg adderall? is this sound right?

Mathematically, sure. But there's more to it than just #'s in this instance (as the post above yours explains).

Even though L-amp is considered more weak isn't it responsible for more side effects like increased blood pressure and heart rate vs d-amp?

So essentially 50mg adderall(37.5g d-amp/12.5mg l-amp) vs 50mg d-amp the 50mg adderall will cause more increase in BP and heart rate?

Why does my doctor seem so against dexedrine when i mention it, but prescribes adderall or vyvanse no problem. He claimed that the racemic mixture of adderall helps more with concentration. No matter how many times I suggest it, he turns the other way..

He is wrong. They are the same drug. Racemic dl-amphetamine does the exact same thing as dextroamphetamine, just with somewhat lower potency.

He is probably against it because it is so abusable. Just like Jesse and Walt's methamphetamine is so abusable and awesome in Breaking Bad because it is almost pure, dextromethamphetamine. Dexedrine is pure dextroamphetamine. Adderall is water-downed with the less potent racemic amphetamine.

He is wrong. They are the same drug. Racemic dl-amphetamine does the exact same thing as dextroamphetamine, just with somewhat lower potency.

He is probably against it because it is so abusable. Just like Jesse and Walt's methamphetamine is so abusable and awesome in Breaking Bad because it is almost pure, dextromethamphetamine. Dexedrine is pure dextroamphetamine. Adderall is water-downed with the less potent racemic amphetamine.

Is this why Dexedrine is dosed so low? I believe 15mg XR is the highest where as adderall is 30mg XR yet your still getting more dex out of the addy(22.5mg) vs 15 from Dexedrine XR

You can take up to 60mg Dexedrine XR a day. And that is just the recommended amount. Your doctor can prescribe more if he feels it is needed.

Which has helped you guys most in terms of staying on top of your responsibilities, and effectively helped your focus on work/school, thus improving your quality of life? I haven't quite found the right medication/dosage yet. Hopefully I will soon tho.

Also, new XR medication of adderall called ADZENNYS XR, it is a sublingual tablet that is dosed lower than adderall XR but still claims to be extended release
http://adzenysxrodt.com/

Which has helped you guys most in terms of staying on top of your responsibilities, and effectively helped your focus on work/school, thus improving your quality of life? I haven't quite found the right medication/dosage yet. Hopefully I will soon tho.

Also, new XR medication of adderall called ADZENNYS XR, it is a sublingual tablet that is dosed lower than adderall XR but still claims to be extended release
http://adzenysxrodt.com/

Okay... first of all, i'm a art history student, so whatever i say is o_O u kno? but ok... dextroamphetamine is an enantiomer, basically one of a pair of moleculz what has a mirror-image duplicate version of itself. so D-amp is the right isomer side of the thing, levoamphetamine is the left part of the stereoisomer (dexter = latin for ‘on the right side, to the right & laevo... u can prolly guess ha).
and okay, ok so despite they similar, D-amp affects dopamine neurotransmitters like mad cray, while L-amp be mackin on those norepinephrine neurotransmitter hotties. u know?? and dopamine is typically associated with mental shit like focus and euphoria & norepinephrine physical shit like pep and things. so it seems like u can't rly compare the strength or effectiveness of the two objectively because yr fancy brain chemicals blend, the cognitive impairments experienced, and the cause s, etc. equates a response as unique as yr circumstances. and while D-amp is more potent mg for mg than L-amp (like a third the potency) a straight comparison fails to take SYNERGY into account.

edit: i found this wicked explanation,prolly better to just read http://www.brainprotips.com/adderall-vs-dexedrine/ this thing here <--- ha!

having blathered on about that shit, i was diagnosed as a ladything with mixed inattentive/hyperactive symptoms that, left(haha) untreated for a bajillion years, i think have come to present more as inattentive symptoms. (i been diagnosed also wif comorbid depression and anxiety disorders just fyi) i currently take a shitload (450mg) of bupropion extended release or whatever the fuck, and 50mg Dexamp spansules. which is ok. any kind of amphetamine seems to curb my impulsivity and, maybe it's a placebo effect, but, i stopped having anxiety issues completely at about 30mg of dex. i still hyperfocus and fuck shit up on the regular, but it's manageable. i used to get adderall i think 30mg and i LOVE love, love love that shit, it works way better than just D-amp for me, especially cuz I'm like a hyper slug usually. it wasn't even a therapeutic dosage for me (never got there because i'm poor af and adderall isn't covered under any healthcare or formulary available to me, so not supr feasible on the sweet sweet $0/month salary i was pulling in.)

i dunno if u can relate any of that to yr situation, i hope so. it might take a while, but u will find some combo wat works. also, hate to say this shit cuz i love to imagine pharms are magical fanciness what needs no other strategy, but a little exercise and avoiding the fxck out of sugar helps me a lot... not that i do either rn. not to get all up in those other ppl griil, but lots of what they said is liesssss. don't trust any of us xD

I personally find IR Adderall to be far superior compared to Dexedrine IR...With the Dexedrine, there is the positive lack of peripheral side effects but it's just not as "jarring" as the 4 salts.... I need 120-200mgs of Dexedrine IR and I can sleep on that..It also gave me stomach issues...

On a bright note, dexedrine recently inspired me to cold turkey my add meds (was taking 90-120mgs adderall daily for months) and I feel great! Dexedrine gave me terrible stomach pains and when I ate 200mgs and got no effects, I knew it was time for a drug holiday.