Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dexamphetamine extraction ??

PeacePipeChief

Bluelighter
Does anyone know if it is somehow possible to extract the amphetamines out of dexamphetamine pills ?
maybe something similar to the cold water extraction for codeine ?

Dexamphetamine is the amphetamine - it's a stereoisomer of the amphetamine molecule, the other being levoamphetamine. D-amphetamine is the one you want though, levoamphetamine has much less dopaminergic effects than the d isomer.

To help you understand what I mean, if you're familiar with methamphetamine in Aus, 'ketone speed' is usually a racemic mixture containing half/half d and l isomers. 'Pseudo speed' is usually just the d isomer - with a resulting effect that most people prefer due to increased potency and euphoria.

...Or do you mean you want to remove the binders etc from the pill so you're left with just the dextroamphetamine? There doesn't seem much point, as the binders/fillers are inactive and not harmful in dexamphetamine pills.

Last edited:
Ahh I see .
If you were to remove all the dex , and get the main stimulant ingredient out of it , and did this to say 5 pills , wouldn't you be able to have a much more concentrated powder / pill . Therefore making it much more stimulating ? Basically making a good stimulant out of a semi decent stimulant .

Dexamphetamine is the amphetamine - it's a stereoisomer of the amphetamine molecule, the other being levoamphetamine. D-amphetamine is the one you want though, levoamphetamine has much less dopaminergic effects than the d isomer.

Theres no point in extracting it because there is nothing but dexamphetamine in a pill anyway.

PeacePipeChief said:
If you were to remove all the dex , and get the main stimulant ingredient out of it , and did this to say 5 pills , wouldn't you be able to have a much more concentrated powder / pill . Therefore making it much more stimulating ? Basically making a good stimulant out of a semi decent stimulant .

The main stimulant ingredient is dexamphetamine. You don't need to remove the 'dex' - dexamphetamine is amphetamine. The 'dex' means it's the d isomer of the amphetamine molecule. An isomer is something with the same molecular formula (in this case, it's an amphetamine molecule), but with a different arrangement of atoms.

amphisom.gif

Last edited:
How about extracting the fillers and binders ? I did a research on injecting dex and it's possible , how ever to have enough to really do much would have too much water/dex ratio and would require a massive shot , so by previously removing the fillers and binders thus making the mass of the product less , therefore needing less water . Or would the filter do this enough to discount my theory ?

^ i've never heard a positive report about shooting dex. not worth the risk/fuss from what i understand.
i'm sure there are other threads about this exact topic if you do a little searching.

I did some research on google and found out that it's possible to inject by crushing up the pill(s) and using 'cold' water and a filter . If you read my post 'Dexamphetamine experiment' you will see my goal Is just to make a much stronger form of dex for its mass , so 1 Line is say 5 times the strength

I wouldn't IV it. I've never IV'd anything, but I know that pills have binders, and you don't want little chunks of binders etc. swimming through your veins. Perhaps if you use a microfilter, then it'd be a different story; or if you plugged it instead.

yeah filter was the plan , still -.- , and the plan is to do a CWE then turn it back to powder and snort the concentrated result .

Let me search for you:

Buiscuit said:
You're unlikely to have much success unless u can acquire some chemicals which can be hard to find outside a lab.
I'm afraid the majority of the binder is soluble in water for the dexies, probably some salt simlilar to epsom or something.
Method:
1. Dexies crushed, dissolved and filtered.
2. The solution is made strongly basic, this causes the amphetamine to exist as a freebase and is now INSOLUBLE in water.
You then need an insoluble solvent, best is ether, dichloromethane or if not those 2, petrol.
You mix that in and it will take up all the amphetamine. AS they have low boiling points u then just evaporate off the solvent.
3. But now ur left with an oily liquid, basically pure amphetamine (u could put drops of this in juice and still get off ur box; but 100 dexies would only give about 0.5ml of oil, seems like a tiny amount but this can form a half weight of crystals.)
Getting back to powder stage is hard. You can probably just make it acidic again with a min. amount of acid and evaporate the water slowly otherwise it goes to shit.
But if u do get crystals out of it they will be quite mushy and u will need to be able to dry them some way really well so they r snortable.
U need: Sodium hydroxide, (drain cleaner)
an acid, typically hydrochloric, the more concentrated the better.
Low boiling solvent: ether, DCM etc. prob what u won't be able to get unless u know someone in a chem lab who uses it all the time. But if u do then they could do this for u with their eyes shut anyway.

D-amphetamine has an oral BA around 75% so snorting it doesn't drastically increase potency. I noticed this personally. Snorting 'dexies' just produced a quicker onset and shorter duration. There was never any "rush". Back in the day when I used to abuse prescription amphetamines, I usually considered snorting Dexedrine a waste (not all the time). My preference was just taking high doses and awaiting the peak effects.

^ good post.
in the interests of harm minimisation, i wouldn't encourage you to inject a dexamphetamine extract. even if you plan on snorting it as you say, you are more likely to lose some of the actives or cause other harms.
chalk and binders, if not properly removed, can be really damaging to the lungs if snorted - or injected.
i'm guessing that you want to get more 'bang for your buck' with dexies, or that you are under the impression that there are more efficient (or more exiting) routes of ingestion than oral dosing. i don't know that this is true.

there are other options, such as ingesting a little bi carb soda before dosing - i may have my terminology wrong here, but i believe it increases the oral bioavailability.

this topic has come up quite a few times before here. the person that posted this thread actually went ahead with it and didn't find it worthwhile -
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-518144.html

spare a thought for your body before you mess around with things like this. is it worth losing an arm, fucking up your veins or your lungs or other organs for a speed hit?
don't get me wrong - i know the pleasures of IV amphetamine and i'm not trying to be the fun police, but everything i've heard suggests it ain't worth the hassle/risk. just neck the pills, brother :)

yeah filter was the plan , still -.- , and the plan is to do a CWE then turn it back to powder and snort the concentrated result .

It doesn't really sound worth the effort. 88brenno found some really useful results, but as you can see, it's not going to be as simple as doing a cwe. 5mg dextroamphetamine per pill isn't a lot of active relative to fillers and binders, and unless you do a lot of pills at once I think the small amount of actives you'll be working with will make it the extraction more difficult, and liable to loss.

Your best bet is probably plugging it - whilst the oral and insufflated BAs are both quoted as 75%, rectal is 95-99%, and the binders and fillers wont block up your mucus membranes and prevent aborption like they would snorting it.

yeah i read that link of the previous post , and it seems not worth it to try iv , but that was with the pills using filters to get rid of the fillers and binders , my experiment is CWE then turning it back to powder and still filtering it , how ever i still dont plan on IV'ing it , but i will try snorting it , as i have snorted it before many times with the fillers and binders , and have ate them many times , so it will still be a fun experiment :) , its not effort for me as i am just excited to do something fun with all my spare time lol . thanks for all your input .

^ A cwe wont work, as the post above says, most of the fillers and binders are water soluble.

Yeah dude, if your up for it I suggest you do what foots said and plug it, otherwise I was reading about what spacejunk posted about the bicarb on wikipedia, that would make a nice experiment for ya..

Alkalinization of the urine can decrease the renal elimination of amphetamines, both potentiating the strength and prolonging the mechanism of action, especially when ingested with sodium bicarbonate. There are also users who periodically misuse more than others, often using small amounts (1/2-1 teaspoon) of sodium bicarbonate mixed with water at 2-3 intervals following a single ingestion in order to achieve a longer euphoric effect. This method of administration may lead to a higher risk of intoxication, especially in children, in addition, tolerance and dependence develop rapidly.

You wanna be careful but man you will raise your tolerance and if you need them to function and run out early you will regret it....

i have recently kicked a meth addiction and have been clean for a month so far , and used to be prescribed dexies , dont think they will become too much of a problem as they dont affect me that much anyway .

Are you currently prescribed dexies? If you are using them on a daily basis I would be careful :p

No I used to be and was thinking of getting prescribed them again , I have never found them addictive as their affect on me was only really any good already on meth , but I sort of enjoy them . And yeah I'll be careful no need to worry about that

Let me search for you:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Buiscuit
You're unlikely to have much success unless u can acquire some chemicals which can be hard to find outside a lab.
I'm afraid the majority of the binder is soluble in water for the dexies, probably some salt simlilar to epsom or something.
Method:
1. Dexies crushed, dissolved and filtered.
2. The solution is made strongly basic, this causes the amphetamine to exist as a freebase and is now INSOLUBLE in water.
You then need an insoluble solvent, best is ether, dichloromethane or if not those 2, petrol.
You mix that in and it will take up all the amphetamine. AS they have low boiling points u then just evaporate off the solvent.
3. But now ur left with an oily liquid, basically pure amphetamine (u could put drops of this in juice and still get off ur box; but 100 dexies would only give about 0.5ml of oil, seems like a tiny amount but this can form a half weight of crystals.)
Getting back to powder stage is hard. You can probably just make it acidic again with a min. amount of acid and evaporate the water slowly otherwise it goes to shit.
But if u do get crystals out of it they will be quite mushy and u will need to be able to dry them some way really well so they r snortable.
U need: Sodium hydroxide, (drain cleaner)
an acid, typically hydrochloric, the more concentrated the better.
Low boiling solvent: ether, DCM etc. prob what u won't be able to get unless u know someone in a chem lab who uses it all the time. But if u do then they could do this for u with their eyes shut anyway.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by K'd-OUT-in-AZ
D-amphetamine has an oral BA around 75% so snorting it doesn't drastically increase potency. I noticed this personally. Snorting 'dexies' just produced a quicker onset and shorter duration. There was never any "rush". Back in the day when I used to abuse prescription amphetamines, I usually considered snorting Dexedrine a waste (not all the time). My preference was just taking high doses and awaiting the peak effects.

HBlSwP6l.jpg

Freebase?