• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dexamphetamine condensation crystals/powder?

2c-frEak

Greenlighter
Hi all, this might seem like a stranged post but i figured sombody on here could know the answer lol so here goes:

I am scripted dexamphetamine for treatment of ADD, anyhow at the en of last month i had a few leftovers and i had read somwhere that if you were to (hypotheticaly) crush up a few tabs and mix them in water in a test tube and leave it for a few hours, the binders and junk will sink to the bottom of the tube while m "most" of the dex is left in the water, then you use i pipette i guess to remove the top layer-ie:dex and discard the leftover powder-seems fair in theory but i realy havent put to much thought into it.

What i did do tho was place 4 dex into a small glass vial (1ml) with a plastic lid at the top, just to see if the above mentioned theory actualy worked. Now i am in no way planing on abusing dex and i only did this as an experiment.

in the morning i noiticed that it had seperated as i figured, and that was the last i thought of it.....so a week later i find this glass bottle sitting on my window sill and i notice that around the edges of the lid at the top of the bottle a heap of tiny tiny crystals have solidified on the outside of the bottle, while about half of the water has been lost......

Im not a chemist nor do i pretend to be but i was wondering of someone who does have exp could explain to me what i am seein here?

Thanks all.

Interestingly i had this thought myself recently, about crystallizing
dex from the binders. The only way to find out if it's dex is to scrape
off the crystals and ingest them. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough!

if you have a really sensitive scale, and it's 4 dexies, you could see if the crystals weight 20 mg?
the proportion of active / binder is very small.
other than that though, i have absolutely no idea. i've always just et the pills ;)

Sounds to me like the solution evaporated and became saturated with the dexamphetamine, leading to some precipitation. Could possibly be soluble binders and fillers in there as well dropping out of solution.

so a week later i find this glass bottle sitting on my window sill and i notice that around the edges of the lid at the top of the bottle a heap of tiny tiny crystals have solidified on the outside of the bottle, while about half of the water has been lost......

A soluble substance becomes saturated in solution and crystallises. Impurities are present in smaller quantities, never become saturated and are left behind in solution.

Precipitates are formed when a substance is insoluble [or nearly so] in the solvent.

So, basically what Blonde said.