• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Detox withdrawal tollerence

Nonamejono

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

long story short I have been on Oxycontin 40mg long release x2 daily along with up to 160mg oxycodone quick release daily for a year now. And bar the odd day I’ve been pretty consistent. On Monday of this week I went cold turkey.... and it has been hell. my pain level has been through the roof as have the shakes, crying, nausea and sweating. I barely drank for 3 days (maybe 300ml a day) and couldn’t eat for until today...

I have ended up taking one 40mg long release a day (one yesterday and one today) as I couldn’t stand the pain and depression (would rather have been dead than feel how I did). What I’ve found is that I am feeling really light headed now, can’t concentrate or do very much at all. But at least I do not have the sucicidal thoughts that I did and I have been able to eat a little more and drink a bit more.
I just don’t know if I made a mistake by ‘giving’ up at day four and taking a tablet a day... have I just made my detox go on for longer? Or have done the right thing? How quick can a hard user like me loose tolerance? Is this light headed feeling lack of food and fluid or from the oxy?
I’m just worried guys, I’ve never been as terrified as I was in the middle of last week. This detox has been forced on me in effect and as such my choices are, to either continue at one long acting tablet a day or cold turkey again...

Also, and please total honest answers here, once you are off the stuff do you ever feel as normal as you did when you were on them? I am struggling to see that happening for me. I can deal with the pain, to a certain extent. Which was the only reason I started. But I also enjoyed the boost to my confidence and my ability to relax things I have never been able to do.