• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Detox from 180-200 mg oxy- clonidine?

skipjames

Bluelighter
Hellos it´s me again, back to 180-200 mg x day of oxys, slightly more determined to stop than usual ( no scripts hanging around or other self sabotaging shite like "let´s have a bump of coke to avoid the w-d depression " etc) starting this saturday.
Kratom has been a life safer other times but it´s too hit and miss and the last two times It´s been mostly a miss- might have bought a shitty one and- or I´m too old and addicted for that, dunno, but I´ld like to try another route cos the last two eperiences were bad (last one almost cold turkey one bad). Couple of questions:

1)I have read about clonidine (is this the name right? ) and its wonders and my " dr" could easily prescribe me one if needed, if so, how much and for how long should I use the thing?
2) In case I could not get clonidine , I still have xanax (2mg) and loperamide. Not sure whether the two alone can do the trick, but in case, better than nothing I guess. (o I could add to the mix the weak kratom left, I´ve kinda tons of it around, maybe 10 grams will do) what do u think?
3) Clonidine+ xanax + loperamide : will they completely knock me off? I don have nothing particularly difficult or demanding on saturday (rehearsing but my mates will be understanding) and give an online class on tuesday (september the 6th, my plan is to start this saturday, september the 3rd ) but on the 8th of September I have to be in a decent shape, will I?

Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering as usual :(

Hellos it´s me again, back to 180-200 mg x day of oxys, slightly more determined to stop than usual ( no scripts hanging around or other self sabotaging shite like "let´s have a bump of coke to avoid the w-d depression " etc) starting this saturday.
Kratom has been a life safer other times but it´s too hit and miss and the last two times It´s been mostly a miss- might have bought a shitty one and- or I´m too old and addicted for that, dunno, but I´ld like to try another route cos the last two eperiences were bad (last one almost cold turkey one bad). Couple of questions:

1)I have read about clonidine (is this the name right? ) and its wonders and my " dr" could easily prescribe me one if needed, if so, how much and for how long should I use the thing?
2) In case I could not get clonidine , I still have xanax (2mg) and loperamide. Not sure whether the two alone can do the trick, but in case, better than nothing I guess. (o I could add to the mix the weak kratom left, I´ve kinda tons of it around, maybe 10 grams will do) what do u think?
3) Clonidine+ xanax + loperamide : will they completely knock me off? I don have nothing particularly difficult or demanding on saturday (rehearsing but my mates will be understanding) and give an online class on tuesday (september the 6th, my plan is to start this saturday, september the 3rd ) but on the 8th of September I have to be in a decent shape, will I?

Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering as usual :(
Clonidine by itself makes me fairly drowsy. I have found that for opiate withdrawal benzo, Imodium, and Clonidine are great for acute withdrawal. However after day 3/4 it’s not advisable to keep up with benzos and clonidine.

Five days you should be good to go.

hey -- what would make this whole process a LOT easier, is if you titrated yourself to a lower dose. Jumping off 5 or 10mg oxy is so so so very much easier/better than jumping off of 200. It takes some time and determination, but black seed oil and ultra low dose naltrexone make it honestly fairly easy.
just reduce by a couple mg a day. It will do so much toward making your quit attempt successful imo.