• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Desperately want to kick xanax habit

soundsystem00 said:
I don't know. I still wanted more the other night, after 6 quad bars. I ended up eating a couple ex pills too.. I didn't even feel that bad the next day. I fell asleap around 9am fucked out of my mind, woke up about 5pm feeling a little dazed. Slightly depressed and in a trance, but I got some sleep and was fine.. I was just mad because my family was mad at me because they caught me running into the walls a little bit. I'm sure if I had the right sources I could handle 10+ bars, I just don't believe that I want to see that day. lol
right, but it MOST LIKEY (it still could, dont discount that it could) KILL YOU.

Last edited:
i know people that just take massive doses like that, and they dont even have a high tolerance. its kinda like alcohol to some people: you have a drink, and you're buzzed, but you wanna get more and more drunk, and its never enough, so by the end of the night you're completely shitfaced (i do this with opiates.. 30mg of oxy, a decent buzz.. but i want it to be more intense.. so i take 30mg more, and then more, until im nodding my ass off =p).

Anyway, what is it you like about benzos? the relief of anxiety and smooth drunk feeling? you said you like how it makes you less shy. well that might be true, but as you now know it can also turn u into a serious asshole at those doses. my suggestion is, (and dont take this the wrong way) try taking opiates instead of benzos. you're not addicted to benzos, since its not an absolute daily thing for you, but you're on your way. and thats a horrible horrible addiction, ESPECIALLY if ur getting it illegally, in which case ur connect could just run dry and then you are so fucked.

Opiates get rid of anxiety and relax you as well, without making you as disoriented and they will not make you black out. im not talking about shooting H or anything like that. try taking a percocet or vicodin, maybe 2. this is also addictive, but nowhere near as dangerous as what you're doing. you asked for a substitute, and while no one can say that switching to opiates is a "good thing", im sure that everyone here will agree that you're alot better off with a hydrocodone habit than an alprazolam habit. but whether its opiates or benzos, dont take either of those on a daily basis (i have with both, and i regret it horribly.. especially with benzos, although they are prescribed)

btw, 11mg of alprazolam IS an excessively high dose for recreation, at that point you really dont know what the fuck is going on. but as far as life threatening, it takes a HUGE dose of benzos to actually kill you. the ld50 is something ridiculous, ill post it when i find it.

By 'dangerous', I was referring to going cold turkey off an 11mg per day habit. Not the dose itself (although as others have mentioned, it IS a huge recreational dose for someone without a tolerance).

wesmdow::: right, but it MOST LIKEY (it still could, dont discount that it could) KILL YOU. have you seen the LD 50 for xanax? it is over 1 gram.

haha this post is awsome evidence of the nasty effects of xanax.

i opened this thread with the intention of helping someone quit xanax, and to my great surprise id actually been party to a debate in this very thread?

rofl i must have been so fucked up! and by the things i wrote you can tell!

now that im sober ill say a few things, as i AM REALLY experienced with xanax ;).

11mg isnt that unreasonable of a dose. i HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt 11mg is gonna kill anyone or even land them in the ER. they use benzos on 'date rapes' for a reason--you can give someone enough to make them go comatose without TOO great of a risk of PHYSICALLY damaging them.

i, with my big, manly ;) tolerance can take 12-14mg and still remember my night... some of my friends can take doses close to that w/ similar results. given we are all experienced with xanax and its effects, and there is often some form of upper involved....

6 planks (2mg xanax bars) without the aid of some other substances seems pointless to me. i could handle it but i would probably just end up sleeping. im not certain why anyone would dose that highly without a pre-existing tolerance.

ive seen people go cold-turkey from a ~15mg/day habit. it was by no means pleasant, but i dont think it was dangerous, either. with a benzo w/d, you can TELL when its about to get bad. ive never had a seizure, but i think i know the feeling a w/d gives you leading up to one... and it is VERY noticable and REALLY REALLY REALLY makes you want some xanax. or to go to the ER. or rehab. or ANYTHING.