Desperate Desperate to get clean

HatingThisLife

Bluelighter
I need to get off dope, been smoking half a gram to a gram a day. How shitty am I going to feel and for how long? When will it peak? I feel like I can power thru with some beer and alcohol, the longest I've gone is 17 hours. At that point I tried taking sub thinking I would be good and felt worse. I'm pretty sure the stuff I've been getting isnt actually heroin but some other synthetic chinese garbage. I feel shaky, hot/cold, sweaty with goosebumps, anxiety and overall terrible when I go 8+ hours. I have some antidepressants that are SSRIs but from what Ive read here, those probably arent a good idea. Vitamins, lots of water and force myself to eat? I have 2 little kids and have to work full time. I need to be able to at least power thru work and life. What's the best over the counter way to do that? Ive taken clonidine in the past and think that would really help but dont know how to get that prescribed quickly? Help! Im desperate! I was clean for 3.5 years before this relapse which was 3 years ago and slowly (quickly) went downhill to this point. I hate this life and dont want to live this way anymore!! I just need to get thru these wds.

I need to get off dope, been smoking half a gram to a gram a day. How shitty am I going to feel and for how long? When will it peak? I feel like I can power thru with some beer and alcohol, the longest I've gone is 17 hours. At that point I tried taking sub thinking I would be good and felt worse. I'm pretty sure the stuff I've been getting isnt actually heroin but some other synthetic chinese garbage. I feel shaky, hot/cold, sweaty with goosebumps, anxiety and overall terrible when I go 8+ hours. I have some antidepressants that are SSRIs but from what Ive read here, those probably arent a good idea. Vitamins, lots of water and force myself to eat? I have 2 little kids and have to work full time. I need to be able to at least power thru work and life. What's the best over the counter way to do that? Ive taken clonidine in the past and think that would really help but dont know how to get that prescribed quickly? Help! Im desperate! I was clean for 3.5 years before this relapse which was 3 years ago and slowly (quickly) went downhill to this point. I hate this life and dont want to live this way anymore!! I just need to get thru these wds.
I'm going through the same thing. Just a different form of use. I'm not sure if what I've been doing for 6+ months is H either. So totally understand. The best thing i can recommend is THC/CBD , some benzos, strong support system, healthy environment, and maybe a few days off work to get through the worst of it. After 3-4 days your symptoms should start to reside. Hang in there. Life's better sober. I keep telling myself this and its still the hardest thing I've ever done.

You will be eating soon enough. Nausea is like the 1st thing to leave.

Drinking never worked for me. Your brain won't heal. Plus the rebound anxiety is bad, drinks wear off fast. Some light drinking will be helpful during PAWS, though maybe. During acute you won't want to drink anyway.

Putting an anti d in you worse than putting alcohol in you.

You need to just do nothing. Learn to accept the sickness. It will go away. Reaching for something in opiate withdrawal will train you to keep on reaching for something.

Benzos, maybe. A few here or there max to catch relief. Would avoid if possible if you cannot keep it to literally 3 uses across a 30 day period.

Eat, exercise, beg god is the best way. Of course there is maintenance. Keep your dose low and come off quick. Or go up to a high dose and live on maintenance for a bit.

Last edited:
Alcohol and opiate addiction are like cats and water. I've never understood how anyone combines them. When high, it makes it so much shorter. When sick, it takes it to a horrible level. Hungover and sick is a sad state to be. I would recommend avoiding alcohol at all costs. It makes your liver process opioids more quickly, and makes you feel like trash

If you've been on a short time, get your balls on tight and get ready, and just kick it out. Force yourself to eat, (fat and protein, easy on the carbs). Force yourself to drink lots of water (distilled is better than tap).

If you've been on for a long time, get on suboxone or methadone, either taper or maintenance, and get mental help. Start lifting heavy weights.

I'm going through the same thing. Just a different form of use. I'm not sure if what I've been doing for 6+ months is H either. So totally understand. The best thing i can recommend is THC/CBD , some benzos, strong support system, healthy environment, and maybe a few days off work to get through the worst of it. After 3-4 days your symptoms should start to reside. Hang in there. Life's better sober. I keep telling myself this and its still the hardest thing I've ever done.
I have a pretty good support system, Ive come clean to my family and they are going to help with the kids. Im gonna try to go cold turkey this weekend. I know benzos would help sooo much but unfortunately I have no access to any.
You will be eating soon enough. Nausea is like the 1st thing to leave.

Drinking never worked for me. Your brain won't heal. Plus the rebound anxiety is bad, drinks wear off fast. Some light drinking will be helpful during PAWS, though maybe. During acute you won't want to drink anyway.

Putting an anti d in you worse than putting alcohol in you.

You need to just do nothing. Learn to accept the sickness. It will go away. Reaching for something in opiate withdrawal will train you to keep on reaching for something.

Benzos, maybe. A few here or there max to catch relief. Would avoid if possible if you cannot keep it to literally 3 uses across a 30 day period.

Eat, exercise, beg god is the best way. Of course there is maintenance. Keep your dose low and come off quick. Or go up to a high dose and live on maintenance for a bit.
I dont have access to benzos, I would get a couple if I did. I can and would keep be able to keep it to a minimum. I am trying to mentally prepare for the sickness. I asked my family for help and they are going to help with my kids over this weekend. I'm a planner tho and Im really just trying to get an idea of how long its gonna last and how shitty its going to be. I have never detoxed from dope before.

Alcohol and opiate addiction are like cats and water. I've never understood how anyone combines them.

I love the combo. I'm also a huge polyaddict and combine anything and everything.

Alcohol is definitely one of those drugs I add to everything from LSD to meth to heroin. Poly shit.

And opioids are amazing for hangovers.

I understand. Was just warning on some of the options is all.

From smoking it probably won't be bad. You are in a for a few days of hell, but its only temporary. 4/5 days you should be functional at least. But prepare for about 2 weeks of feeling under the weather. Once the initial first few days are over, you can easily play it off like the flu. The biggest issue is sleep. You just won't be sleeping like someone that has the flu.

If you go to the ER, they will give you clonadine. Or a quick visit (if they have these buy you) should be able to as well as your BP will be high.

You just have to do it man.

Alcohol and opiate addiction are like cats and water. I've never understood how anyone combines them. When high, it makes it so much shorter. When sick, it takes it to a horrible level. Hungover and sick is a sad state to be. I would recommend avoiding alcohol at all costs. It makes your liver process opioids more quickly, and makes you feel like trash

If you've been on a short time, get your balls on tight and get ready, and just kick it out. Force yourself to eat, (fat and protein, easy on the carbs). Force yourself to drink lots of water (distilled is better than tap).

If you've been on for a long time, get on suboxone or methadone, either taper or maintenance, and get mental help. Start lifting heavy weights.
Drinking beer seems to help a bit but I've only gone 17 hours. I never heard that it makes your liver process opiates more quickly! I dont want to go on maintenance. I am trying to mentally prepare to just suffer it out. I've never detoxed from dope before, I'm trying to get an idea of how long its going to take, how long before it peaks, and over the counter remedies to help shorten or make it a little less shitty!

I understand. Was just warning on some of the options is all.

From smoking it probably won't be bad. You are in a for a few days of hell, but its only temporary. 4/5 days you should be functional at least. But prepare for about 2 weeks of feeling under the weather. Once the initial first few days are over, you can easily play it off like the flu. The biggest issue is sleep. You just won't be sleeping like someone that has the flu.

If you go to the ER, they will give you clonadine. Or a quick visit (if they have these buy you) should be able to as well as your BP will be high.

You just have to do it man.
Ugh, Im pretty sure the not sleeping part is going to be the worst part of it long term. I already dont sleep a lot as it is. Quick Visit, is that like Urgent Care? Do I just go in there n tell them I'm detoxing? Ive read that clonadine is very helpful with maybe symptons of wd.

Yeah urgent care is another name. If your BP is up, they should give you some. The ER for sure will, though. They won't give you an opiate, BP meds, yes.

It helps during the first few days as your BP is so high it makes the anxiety much worse.

Wish me luck yall! I just took my last hit about an hour ago and am determined to go thru it this weekend, cold turkey. Been doing minimal this week just to get thru work so hoping maybe that might help the intensity (probably just fooling myself). This is my first experience trying to withdrawal from dope, in the past I only did 30s and didnt find it to be anything even nearly as bad as 17 hours without dope. The kids are a grandma's for the weekend. I know I can do this, Im sick of living this way! I'm so ready to love life again! Thanks so much to all of you for your responses!

Baby steps @HatingThisLife
I mean even if you can reduce the amount you do by a 1/4th gram then that is a hell of a accomplishment. Hang in there.
Kratom works well with w/ds, so if you are able to find any of that stuff then I would look into trying that to help.