• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Desperate Addicts Inject Others’ Blood

Not quite as bad, but I remember reading about a case where a kid got charged with manufacturing for trying to recrystallize the methamphetamine excreted in his urine.

This can't be real... can it? Holy fuck.

I've heard of ppl drinking their own urine to keep psychedelics going - maybe even stimulants - but injecting blood? Wow. That's desperate indeed.

john Q Fucking Christ, when I was on a work crew in a park while I was in prison a guy found a sryinge full of blood (and presumably some drug) and tried to shoot it, I thought that was the stupidest thing I'd ever hear of. Nope, this has it beat.

This is why prohibition needs to be replaced with education.

Surely these addicts know the difference between a placebo and the real thing? (Sorry, that sounded terribly condescending, that wasn't the intended tone, rather I was trying to emphasize that generally someone who's a regular heroin user will know the difference between heroin and a placebo).

Ah. It says in her original letter ...

Female sex workers who inject heroin in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, have created a new needle sharing practice they call "flashblood." This entails drawing the first blood back in a syringe until the barrel is full and then passing the needle and syringe to a female companion. Women believe that about 4 cm3 of such blood contains enough heroin to help them escape the pains of withdrawal. They developed this practice in mid-2005 in an altruistic attempt to help one another. Male injectors are unaware of this practice. These data are based on ongoing interviews with 63 injecting drug users.

That sounds to me as if they inject, and suck back straight after finishing the shot. Presumably just depriving themselves of some of the heroin before it is lost in the system, whilst giving a smaller amount to the second girl ... suspended in blood ... Which would lead to the question others have already asked ... why don't they just share the dope?

This can't be real... can it? Holy fuck.

I've heard of ppl drinking their own urine to keep psychedelics going - maybe even stimulants - but injecting blood? Wow. That's desperate indeed.

This is mostly true for Amanita Muscaria. After the ibotenic acid converts to muscimol, it continues to remains active in the urine, so effectively up to 5 people can be intoxicated this way. That's how they did shit back in the day. As in, back in Jesus' day.

PSYCHOACTIVE PISS-DRINKING = JUST KICKIN IT OLD SCHOOL SON

This is fall-out.

A whole continent raped and exploited over 200+ years (not finished). Fast forward: poor education-poverty-despair-no hope-etc.

We: consumer tools.

Comfort zones x-boxes, i-net, fashion, cars etc

I think some may perceive the picture emerging.

Solution? I laugh out loud sarcastically.

A whole continent with little or no hope at this point - not a surprise is it. Waiting for What's next then?

Hit the nail on the head. I was actually surprised to see people surprised about this.

Injecting anything is foolhardy.

It's risky to inject anything that doesent come in a vial meant specifically for injection but we all take risks. But there is a huge fucking difference between shooting dilaudid with a micron filter and injecting someone elses blood 8o

One is risky the other is just flat out asking for a death wish and pointless :|

There's a way to use substitution even when you're under the strictest supervision. Athletes trying to pass tests for anabolic steroids have been known to empty their bladders, and have the substituted urine injected directly into their bladders via needle.

OMFG that hurt me to read it. Id much rather fail the fucking drug test me thinks thank you very much :\

yes its sad that people don't understand the danger they are undertaking when they are doing this flash blood shit, but we take common sense for granted here in a country where anything can be researched with a few button pushes. They don't have that luxury in impoverished Africa and I'm sure the promise of a high is enough of a relief from common life there that many would go to any length to get it. We're lucky as shit.

My idea of "flushing" is rinsing the bourbon out of my shotglass with a little water.

^ I might be wrong, but this sounds like the words of someone with little understanding, who can't break free from his/her rich-country-upbringing, who has no firsthand experience with poverty and want but feels free to judge those who are poor.
Basically, sounds like ignorant classism and racism to me.

If I am wrong, and the person who made the comment actually has experience living in poor countries with poor people, then it might just be a case of closed-minded judgment due to a lack of love.

I am not rich, nor have I ever been rich. I grew up in a low income house and have nothing against Africans or drug users living in poverty. I think you're being judgemental.

I know these people MIGHT be desperate, but still I find it disgusting, as would many people who are not middle class. Sorry, but it is a natural human reaction to find this repulsive!

Come on, this is injecting BLOOD we're talking about!

edit: I'd like to add that I have at one point been a homeless drug user.

Please don't make assumptions about me or my life.

Last edited:
^ No assumptions made. I stated explicitly that your words sounded like X, and that I could be wrong.

I do not know the particular circumstances of your homelessness, but I was also homeless for a short period (on and off for 6 months), in a wealthy country, and I was still far, far better off than many people who have homes in poor countries.

In any case, you (not I) are the one being judgmental, from my vantage point.
You sound like you have no room in your heart for such people.
I don't hear any pity or sympathy in your posts. Just a condemning judgment, based on what you call a "natural human reaction", though I disagree that it is natural.

I do have sympathy for them. I just think it's disgusting (rather the act than the people themselves). Simple as that. Have you got a problem with that?