• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Desp seeking advice, small veins iv meth user

Living dead girl

Bluelighter
So thankful to Bluelight for being accessible in those desperate times when you need a lil help or tips. Hadn't been on for a bit while sober and then had hell of a time finding website. Thought google removed it. Thankful they didn't. 😉 was sober 6 yrs. I recently made decision to got off subs. but bc ive gone cold turkey off 16mg w no assisted meds or help from benzos, weed etc. In past. Which was 49 days of hell. I decided to use a lil help this time w sum jib. Small doses, still sleeping every nite, drink/eating rare, always hard for me to maintain that on this shit. Iv user and desperately looking for advice to properly shoot. Very small veins, really touchy. I leave the tourniquet on the whole time from start to finish. After read some of the other forums and seeing they suggest removing it before you push through. I'm questioning my method. That being said I've always thought once the tourniquets removed I feel like there's not enough pressure on the vein to keep it exposed . I desp need advice, any wld be very much appreciated !! And sorry if i posted this in wrong forrum, obvi 1st time posting.

Hey @Living dead girl , welcome to Bluelight!

I'm an IV meth user as well and use half inch tip needles. I have heard to release the tourniquet before shooting, but can imagine it is frustrating. Never used one. Hopefully someone else can help - ill shoot this over to BDD.

Peace.

Hey @Living dead girl , welcome to Bluelight!

I'm an IV meth user as well and use half inch tip needles. I have heard to release the tourniquet before shooting, but can imagine it is frustrating. Never used one. Hopefully someone else can help - ill shoot this over to BDD.

Peace.
Ty i do use 1/2 tip just fyi. But always trouble missing. Now have bubble and its hard in places. Idk what bdd is but greatly appreciate your help.

That bubble is a potential abscess. You need to stop injecting around it and let the potential infection go away and swelling go down. If it gets redder and hotter it means the infection is getting worse. At a certain point you'll have to intervene (slice it open remove puss and disinfect it) if it gets bad enough. Sometimes putting something like cold sore gel (campho phenique) can help the infection to get better. Missing also increases the chance of blood clots later in life. Friend of mine just had toes amputated bc of clots. Be safe.

damn i think i having some of thise issues imm swollen af and retainging water i think plusome ogher fucked up shit

That bubble is a potential abscess. You need to stop injecting around it and let the potential infection go away and swelling go down. If it gets redder and hotter it means the infection is getting worse. At a certain point you'll have to intervene (slice it open remove puss and disinfect it) if it gets bad enough. Sometimes putting something like cold sore gel (campho phenique) can help the infection to get better. Missing also increases the chance of blood clots later in life. Friend of mine just had toes amputated bc of clots. Be safe.
Ty i appreciate your advice. Right now its not hot just a lil pink bump it is loosening up. Did have golf ball size infection yrs ago before i got sober last time. Had to lance it, wasn't good! Thanks again, stay healthy w all this covid bullshit n take care!

It sucks, but for some people, the intravenous route is just not accessible. Some are born with difficult veins and some destroy their veins themselves. Either way, you are still going to have to find another ROA.

We want to help you IV safely, but it just might not be possible. I would advise against any injections in the future because you're already having potentially serious problems.

Have you tried the rectal ROA? Dont knock it until you try it. For me it is the closest ROA to injection and it is so much less risky.

Keep an eye on that bubble you were describing if it does not improve or the inflammation seems to be getting worse, you need to seek medical attention.

Keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions man.

Shooting up while a tourniquet is still attached is actually a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I mean obviously you gotta do what works for you, it's just one of those things that I hate seeing because I can't help imagine the damage it might be doing to the vein.

I have smallish veins too. I'm spite of that I generally don't use a tourniquet at all when shooting up.

I use a tourniquet only for locating veins by feel. Once I've found a good one (assuming I'm not using one I'm already very familiar with), I remove the tourniquet and shoot in the vein based on where I felt it with the tourniquet on.

Most of the time I don't use a tourniquet at all.

It may be worth seeing if that approach works a bit better.

Generally women have smaller, less easy to feel veins. I'm not sure what you mean by "exposed", but the only way I can find mine is by touch, even with a tourniquet I can't see them at all. There are small superficial veins I can see but they're just to small to shoot into. I've found the best thing to do is find them by feel (sometimes with a tourniquet) , and once I've found one hit them without a tourniquet.

It's tricky enough not losing the vein between registering and shooting, having to deal with releasing a tourniquet just makes it even easier to miss.

That's the technique I've had a lot of success with, both with myself and occasionally when helping other women with hard to find veins.

You may still have trouble, but I'm afraid that's the best advice I've got.

If you have an abscess, it's definitely time to try shooting in a completely separate vein for a while if you're committed to continue IVing.

I would suggest trying without the use of a tourneqet. I realize it's not as easy for some but I never use one but I have very easy veins.

If you are missing regularly because of the tourney I say just ditch it altogether because its causing you more harm than good.

Tying off isnt as necessary as some people believe and I have seen people struggle so hard, all for nothing.

I would suggest trying without the use of a tourneqet. I realize it's not as easy for some but I never use one but I have very easy veins.

If you are missing regularly because of the tourney I say just ditch it altogether because its causing you more harm than good.

Tying off isnt as necessary as some people believe and I have seen people struggle so hard, all for nothing.

Exactly. I find a tourniquet useful for locating new places to hit, but once a site's been found, I find it easier not to use one at all.