• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Desoxyn Prescripton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

watermelon14

Bluelighter
Has anyone tried to get, and been successful at getting, a prescription for Desoxyn?

I'm currently prescribed Adderall 40mg for ADHD, but I'd really like to try Desoxyn - it has great reviews on the drug review websites and is supposed to be extremely successful at helping people lose weight - something I wouldn't mind.

Has anyone ever attempted to get a prescription for Desoxyn? I have a feeling it won't be easy to get a psychiatrist on board with prescribing methamphetamine since it's so addictive/risky, but if I've been "well-behaved" (to the psychiatrist's knowledge) in regards to my prescriptions in the past, do you think bringing it up to my psychiatrist is such a bad idea?

Let me know if you have any tips on how exactly to go about asking for this - I definitely don't want to come across as an addict wanting a free pass to use methamphetamine, but rather as an innocent patient who appreciates her current Adderall prescription but is looking for something maybe a little stronger or more long-lasting, and the weight loss wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks!

Good luck on that. There are many safer alternatives that are safer and less addictive.

I wouldnt base a medical choice off of ancedotal claims from forums that it caused weight loss.

1. Did they change their behavior and diet and take meth?
2. How many people take meth and dont loose weight?
3. What weight are they now?
4. Did they have changes in their vitals or blood work?
Ect ect ect.

It could be because methamphetamine is pretty cheap and available on the street.

Methamphetamine shouldn't work any different from the non-methyl amphetamine in Adderall, which you already take, at the equivalent ~4X the dose you'd be given with desoxyn. (Meth just lasts longer)

What I mean is, Desoxyn treatment is 5mg a day, which is of course way way less than what I take, so that's good, but you already have tolerance, so a doctor would have to go way over the standard dose, which he won't do. And it means you likely wouldn't get any benefit, since you're already technically taking a huge Desoxyn dose.

PM me for pictures if you want to be further dissuaded about the aesthetic benefits of meth for weight loss. It works, just not quite like what you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.