• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

tumblr_nexwp131HD1rnu78eo1_1280.jpg

Grimes in Rodarte for New York Times.

I don't know what is going on lately.
diggin the inspiration wall.

i should buy some candles.

Last edited:
congrats, modelskinny. favorite editorial i've seen of you.

i keep the same cd in my car's player for like a month at a time. i've been switching out the three lanas for the past six months. gonna mix it with some Grimes starting tomorrow. Visions. looking forward to that pretty lisp. well, a different pretty lisp.

this has people in it that we like ...

[video=vimeo;110772277]http://vimeo.com/110772277[/video]
binx certainly puts on the best show. her and dahpne got great looking underboob. i dislike that word, but thesaurus.com won't help me out. daphne pulls off the predator, no doubt; she is an alien. but knowing she has braids of fake hair tied onto her head is hard to get past. i don't know that i like the video. in fashion, video does need a big handicap. i at least don't dislike it. the 70s film-y look fits nicely with the setting. probably an after effect. nicely applied. first time i watched it was without sound. second time 'round, not the music i was expecting.

saw Maleficent. elle is a phenomenal disney princess. what a surprise. the character fits her even beyond that. supposed to be this grace-given ray of sunshine in a word turned dark. she's certainly sunshine.

i'm surprised you weren't over the moon about that valentino. that gentle, sheer, transparent delicacy. screaaaaams hydrozuanacaine.
those are some pleasant adjectives. if it was some designer i'd never heard of, would be calling it a find and excited to see what they put out next season. it being Valentino left me thinking, "oh. so now i have to wait how many months 'til next time?"

maybe i imagined it because i was in a hurry to get it read, but i really like the neutral tone of that fashion student's article.

she shouldn't be wearing panties.
dude. wouldn't that be badass. i can't even decide if people would have a cow. it's so random. at least she isn't wearing the barley-there, nude g-string that usually accompanies sheer on the runway. i understand, they don't wanna show slit nor panties. but you can see that g-string. and it's ugly.

you all listen to sky ferreira? course you do. went ahead and searched this thread. you even told me about her. and i said, "meh." anyway, Blood Diamonds was part of "Go," and listening to it on his sound cloud i ended up hearing his remix of "You're Not The One." been loving it for the past few months. including the original, maybe more so. her music reminds me of her looks. bad, but appealing. i dig her michael jackson moves.

usually am trying to avoid my posts becoming photo dumps. tumblr ... first it giveth, then it taketh away. i've been on this weird kick of reading novels. well, i mean i majored in english, so it's not that weird. but i have the new Self-Service on my kitchen table, and haven't even really done the initial page though.

Ksenia%2BJohn%2BCiamillo.jpg

Ksenia%2BJohn%2BCiamillo%2B2.jpg

ksenia komleva by john ciamillo

michael donovan has the best photo of her. it's oriented horizontally and the biggest copy online is 500 pixels wide. because that's how he posted it. exclusively on tumblr. there's a special place in hell for photographers who format their work solely for social media. so much of my life is spent in vain searching for reasonable quality copies of pics i find on tumblr. i was listening to this convo/podcast between him and jonathan waiter. waiter is dying and posted something on his instagram about it soon to be his tombstone. donavan thought the idea of his own instagram surviving him was the epitome of poetic.
NSFW:
michael%2Bdonovan%2Bksenia%2Bkomleva.jpg

[video=vimeo;110772277]http://vimeo.com/110772277[/video]
binx certainly puts on the best show. her and dahpne got great looking underboob. i dislike that word, but thesaurus.com won't help me out. daphne pulls off the predator, no doubt; she is an alien. but knowing she has braids of fake hair tied onto her head is hard to get past. i don't know that i like the video. in fashion, video does need a big handicap. i at least don't dislike it. the 70s film-y look fits nicely with the setting. probably an after effect. nicely applied. first time i watched it was without sound. second time 'round, not the music i was expecting.

i have no idea what i was expecting but not that. binx is definitely the best - that shot with her suspenders and tied up shirt? holy hell kenickie's hot summer looks next year. there are some models who like aren't even in there for more than ten seconds (hello camille rowe) but i also love daphne's alien look too. are they just hot mercenary fashionable auto mechanics? a life i'd like to live.
saw Maleficent. elle is a phenomenal disney princess. what a surprise. the character fits her even beyond that. supposed to be this grace-given ray of sunshine in a word turned dark. she's certainly sunshine.

i loved it.

dude. wouldn't that be badass. i can't even decide if people would have a cow. it's so random. at least she isn't wearing the barley-there, nude g-string that usually accompanies sheer on the runway. i understand, they don't wanna show slit nor panties. but you can see that g-string. and it's ugly.

merkins. for when actresses don't want to show their real slits on camera. i don't see why this is still a thing at this point. pictures floating around tumblr of kate moss out and about with just a white tee shirt white fur coat and no panties. real hero and a real human being.

you all listen to sky ferreira? course you do. went ahead and searched this thread. you even told me about her. and i said, "meh." anyway, Blood Diamonds was part of "Go," and listening to it on his sound cloud i ended up hearing his remix of "You're Not The One." been loving it for the past few months. including the original, maybe more so. her music reminds me of her looks. bad, but appealing. i dig her michael jackson moves.

tumblr_nbng9iKMLw1thn5g0o1_500.jpg

sky isn't much younger than me so it's a little too much to hope for, but here's laura palmer hoping anyway. she's like hot and not looking all the time what the fuck is up with that? vogue germany outtake

tumblr_nf1n6fbRSZ1shhneqo1_1280.jpg

i'm rewatching twin peaks. i watched it for the first time a couple months ago. audrey horne and her father are growing on me.

tumblr_ndi6h0YJoP1r8swmoo2_500.png
tumblr_ndi6h0YJoP1r8swmoo1_500.png

what novels are you reading? i'm reading richard III by shakespeare.

yaaas + the garage girls. love that. gives off that american vibe cause the cars + riding i the back of a pick-up truck (thats pretty american right?) when the camera pans to the telephone wires above i think of lana lyrics

(Oh, my God, I feel it in the air
Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothing scares me anymore)
binx killing it.
sky... dood its crazy u mention her cause i selected at random a burned cd to listen in the shower and last one had night time is my time album on it
3318-34fe67cb806d0fd5c707e7daddf494c6.jpg
last few days been skippin straight o Nobody Asked Me (If I Was Okay) something about taking a shower while listening to her album... feels good.

twin peaks... http://www.filmcaptures.com/twin-peaks-the-first-season/ when i was a kid all i remember is going out to eat and my oldest sister being able to do this...

was too young to "know what the deal was" but i aint' even mad. that show will forever hold a special place in my <3

currently reading "the flamethrowers" ( http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15803141-the-flamethrowers ) interested to what ya are, dro...
tumblr_neypnis5Oa1txw7ivo1_500.jpg

hella turnt atm... just happy to see some new posts hurr. i hate seeing my username as last post the next day lol :(

Last edited:
hella turnt atm... just happy to see some new posts hurr. i hate seeing my username as last post the next day lol :(

boy yes. i get terrified when we aren't at the top of the SO pile.

i ain't even got shit to say. but this new beyonce video where she's rolling around in her filthy hotel suite with her crew. it's beyonce so it's contrived and practiced as fuck, but way to make it look as nonchalant and easy as possible. her dancers are loose and lazy, beyonce even falls, and i know she's not an actress enough to pull off something as difficult as good as a well coached fall. everything is wonderful and carefree black girl and i'm sure the guy who makes the KALE sweatshirt cannot make enough dumb sweatshirts to keep up with demand.

it's so ridiculous to me to see her drunk* rolling around in grey boyshorts under that michael costello(?) dress. ok its definitely not that dress but looks similar. i feel like i've seen rihanna in something like it too. it could also be valentino, she's not in it long enough for me to tell. but it's so fucking high fashion i just want to die. take over your hotel hallway in this expensive ass couture dress and you don't even care with your red cup and rolling around in office chairs and your clothes all over the floor and a toilette that costs more than what i make in a fucking year for sure. what a life.

*she's probably not drunk but it's cuter to imagine that way.

beyonce in her michael costello grammy dress.

1390868825000-Beyonce.jpg

eta: it's gotta be this givenchy resort wear 2011 dress

1487071_1200x1000_0.jpg

Last edited:
queen

crazy coincidence again... 7/11 producer is the same guy who produced "night time, my time"

continuing with some good tunes to dance... old school beastie boys %)

[video=vimeo;111366179]http://vimeo.com/111366179[/video]

kinda wishing my hair was long enough for braids :\

palvin is a cutie. kinda girl they love in the bootyful thread. i've been seeing her with that hairdo on tumblr. looks good. fun video.

nice photo of sky. pink is her color. she's wearing this little pink sweater with this big green jacket in one of her interviews. is cool ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4dpy_srAXI

man, i got lost well into the second season of Twin Peaks. as in i have no idea what episode i ended on. i watched them all very carefully up to a point, but got a little sloppy before falling off. now whenever i try to start it back up, i have no idea whatthefuck is going on but i know what's gonna happen. i may never finish. shame, with the new season on its way.

nice job id-ing that Givenchy dress, Kenickie! not much else comes with such satisfaction.

shakespeare and The Flamethrowers. we liking them? i just finished All the Light We Cannot See. i read Four Seasons in Rome a couple of years ago and was a big fan. All the Light We Cannot See didn't disspoint, so i went out and got About Grace yesterday. anthony doerr writes real, real pretty.

kinda figured what little career katiusha had was faded. tumblr wasn't doing its job and i didn't realize i wasn't subscribed to her thread on tfs. she's been out there killing it ...

http://vimeo.com/102584500

tumblr_nd3ar1JHzc1qzy83po1_1280.jpg

"JAUNE JEUNE" by cecy young for Revista 192

NSFW:
tumblr_nd1dtvxWFE1qzy83po1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd3afjCtWT1qzy83po1_1280.jpg

these are posted on the stylist's website, photographer's website, and magazine's website; none of them say who she's wearing. outta my hands.

she's so pretty, i really can't handle it. that catfish mouth. she's from some eastern european country that never recovered from the world wars. eating potatoes in a scantily furnished, frozen, one-room apartment. until her parents sold her into a better life. i'm sure of it.

Last edited:
whoa, too much coincidence going on... pretty sure i'm wearing the same jacket she is...

tumblr_nfink4sfpu1tw56nbo2_500.png

tumblr_nfink4sfpu1tw56nbo1_500.jpg

that's cool %)

flamethrowers hasn't really grabbed me yet. don't wanna give it up... figure i'll give it the ol college try and see where it goes about halfway through. really wanna read the new stephen king =/

saw those pics on your tumblr, last one is my fav. the sweater... no idea whats going with the accessory around the neck ? who cares that shit is pretty as fuck =D

* i wanna post some pics or something. i always check usual blogs n' stuff daily, but nothing really catches my attention lately =/

Last edited:
jacket wearing weather to me is still shorts/shirt to most people lol, i just couldn't wait.

tumblr is escett.tumblr.com its all architecture/interior/landscape design stuffs... i tried a few times to get a fashion one going but i mostly check that sorta stuff on blogspot/wordpress for some reason.

saw this editorial earlier.pretty awesome http://novembremagazine.com/a-special-faustine-steinmetz-by-arnaud-lajeunie-georgia-pendlebury

my favs
tumblr_nfmsj3LgfD1tw56nbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nfmsj3LgfD1tw56nbo2_500.jpg

amped off starbucks, gonna blast sky and cut my hair for something to do :D

tumblr_nd1dtvxWFE1qzy83po1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd3afjCtWT1qzy83po1_1280.jpg

these are posted on the stylist's website, photographer's website, and magazine's website; none of them say who she's wearing. outta my hands. she's so pretty, i really can't handle it. that catfish mouth. she's from some eastern european country that never recovered from the world wars. eating potatoes in a scantily furnished, frozen, one-room apartment. until her parents sold her into a better life. i'm sure of it.

not that it matters but the shorts are american apparel. those sweaters are both kill worthy, although i'm way more partial to the first 'dove' sweater (are those birds??)

nice job id-ing that Givenchy dress, Kenickie! not much else comes with such satisfaction.

fucking right? thanks rooney mara and your obsession with givenchy.

Might have posted this already but here: Kid Nostalgia: The Cool Kids of South Korea

2007-2.jpg

2008.jpg

shakespeare and The Flamethrowers. we liking them? i just finished All the Light We Cannot See. i read Four Seasons in Rome a couple of years ago and was a big fan. All the Light We Cannot See didn't disspoint, so i went out and got About Grace yesterday. anthony doerr writes real, real pretty.

finished Richard III. Fucking great, of course. But Macbeth, still, my heart. I'm working my way through my to read list while i'm still boringly unemployed. right now i'm reading The Curse: A Cultural History of Menstruation. It's a certain kind of horrifying. And fascinating.

I've been writing a lot of letters. Sometimes I wonder about what my postwoman thinks of me. most of the mail i get is post due bills and letters from the continent.

Monocle is my favorite thing about AppleTv lately. Besides the free radio shows (The Urbanist, Daily Briefing, etc), they have wonderful little films on architecture, design, politics. here's an interview with karl lagerfeld and a great list of the 25 best designed homeware items . love monocle. still won't pay for this ridiculously overprice magazine though.

i wonder if teenage rebellion is universal... dope photos.

good lookin on the monocle link. i should been had that fav'd. they have collaborated with comme des garcon on 3 fragrances. i tried one of them, sugi... japanese cedarwood, fresh, dry pine needle. pretty good.

diggin that "narcisse walnut mirror" ? in the homeware item vid... fuck i googled it and stumbled upon this...

tumblr_nfw8kbUIF21t6n6hzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nfw8kbUIF21t6n6hzo2_1280.jpg

narcisse mirror, daisy tables and the narcisa lamp /me drools

and yes the tilda swinton w mag surreal world spread is magnifique

AND HOLY FUCK WHY IS IT MORE TIMES THAN NOT IM POSTING RIGHT AT MIDNIGHT WHEN BL IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE... SHEESH!

going to chill and watch that karl interview now =)

Last edited:
those are some pretty awesome shots. theme feels dark in a way, fairytale-esque. the porcelain skin tone plus accessories, especially first one with the antlers reminds me of maleficent . then ya got these saturated colors that pop... really eye catching spread.

couple things of interest...

The exhibition Death Becomes Her: A Century of Mourning Attire, on view through February 1, 2015, explores the aesthetic development and cultural implications of mourning fashions of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.

http://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2014/death-becomes-her (hit that slideshow link for pics)

On the occasion of “Guy Bourdin: Image Maker,” currently on view at London’s Somerset House, Colin McDowell remembers the enigmatic photographer who revolutionised fashion imagery.

http://www.businessoffashion.com/2014/12/colins-column-eye-guy-bourdin.html

those are some pretty awesome shots. theme feels dark in a way, fairytale-esque. the porcelain skin tone plus accessories, especially first one with the antlers reminds me of maleficent . then ya got these saturated colors that pop... really eye catching spread.

1,000% agree with this.

i literally have nothing to say at the moment. i've been listening to a lot of perfume genius.

gender hacking and stuff. a true 'gay anthem' that isn't so disgustingly plastic. i'm not even gay. but it's honest, and isn't that part of it? being true to yourself? i've been saying "no family is safe when i sashay" for like 3 days straight now. what a threat.

also i'm in love with this

tumblr_ney0hkHAYq1u0y8l9o2_500.jpg

lonneke engel photographed by bruce weber for versus, s/s 1996

wow, i heard that name before "perfume genius" the name is genius in itself but never checked his music. that song is actually pretty f'n good and so is the video.

shout out to frogs. pretty cool creature, that don't get enough love.

so i saw your tumblr explore recommends and checked mine...

tumblr_ngcrenrHHK1tw56nbo1_400.png

aJEoiOs.gif

pic of each from explorin...
NSFW:

patrick
tumblr_ng9r3gXHSW1qgngcgo1_500.jpg

georges
tumblr_ma51cjJeTx1qg3m42o1_500.jpg

jean-paul
tumblr_n5dok5DG0T1t144d3o1_500.jpg

man ray
tumblr_n9qudhMUhp1rrq6yfo1_500.jpg

irving penn
tumblr_ndek9lV3Vq1rnbekgo1_500.jpg

rankin
tumblr_n3q55nxOjz1qarsh8o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
raf on tumblr from raf-simons-032c-retrospective-interview

Internet media has really changed the way we pay attention to clothes. Is the constant Tumblr of images and cultures a threat, or is it an opportunity?

I’m not so interested myself, but I am interested that other people are interested. I have a huge disinterest in technologies that accelerate cultural speed. Immediately, they make me uncomfortable. When I think about the speed images are consumed on Tumblr it’s already not my thing. The way communication goes over the Internet is not my thing. I can’t be positive or negative about it. But I’m fascinated by what society is becoming, and its evolution. I am watching the behavior more than the thing itself. I am not going on Tumblr to see what is going on. Not in my interest. I am more interested in mystique and romance, what’s difficult to find, aesthetics that are not in your face. When I think about images, naturally I am more attracted when I feel there is certain meaning, when someone is trying to say something. You have to investigate. You are prompted to investigate and understand, more than merely consuming the image. It’s how you judge looking at everything you see. There are things you immediately know are surface, and other things the opposite, and I’m more interested in the opposite. When you find everything so easily, you don’t look deeply anymore and you don’t investigate anymore. And you get bored.