• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

a little somethin' my boy photographed after a runway show

GbHmnL5.jpg

LbkUBQg.jpg

jWlGjdg.jpg

qhSQIZm.jpg

x6xuiml.jpg

you'd been wondering that girl's name for a year? she looks like someone you'd like.

people were raving about the sam rollinson covers. she's got some fans. i love the androgynous look too, Joe. but sam didn't do it for me. i like it in the bs way. like how people call a really girl-ish female with small tits and an overall skinny frame androgynous whenever she has short hair. i'm into the androgynous look. every time edie campbell gets a haircut.

the instillation photos are good stuff, modelskinny. so are these recent two. for what? by who?

there is this photo i like. of lindsey backstage at lanvin s/s '14. by victoria will. don't know if that's a name. sounds familiar. but i doubt we'll be seeing a larger copy of the photo. which is too bad. there is something worthwhile about it.

lindseybyvictoriawill+lanvin-rtw-ss2014.jpg
that photo is gold. I don't know much about fashion, but I like.

it girl friend Sky is the face for Maison Kitsune.

sky-ferreira-maison-kitsune-spring-14-main.jpg

no other photos I can find yet, but i imagine she will look just as bored and depressed and vaguely pre/post molestation in all of them.

Nasty Gal interviewed friend and ATL scenester Bosco, and mentioned both (!) of Keni's organizations in it.

bosco-15.jpg

go ATL go ATL

^ she looks... strong, like she really owns her look. fun friends.

lindsey killin it right now, been seeing lots of her work recently.

i hear ya on the androgyny look, hydro. especially regarding the short hair. also what catches my eye is bone structure. i once tried to find some/one good tumblr dedicated to androgyny, gave up, couldn't sift through all the lesbians that looked like justin bieber.

recently seeing pics pop up of "elensio" someone mentioned her "tomboyish beauty" which is how i feel.

Capture%20d%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99%C3%83%C2%A9cran%202011-10-27%20%C3%83%C2%A0%2020.16.46.png

abkifqXx.jpg

rest of the spread @ http://novembremagazine.com/coco-capitan

btw modelskinny, those eyes :) your boy takes excellent photos.

Last edited:
so i am super late to the party but i finally saw "Paris is Burning" a couple days ago. WOOOOW that's one amazing movie.

it kind of makes me mad to see that popular culture stole just about every god damn thing from these really oppressed people and made it hip (looking at you, madonna). but stealing is the most flattering thing? or something?

i'm into reading.

tumblr_mmayshCfUX1r849e0o1_250.gif
tumblr_mmayshCfUX1r849e0o4_250.png

tumblr_mmayshCfUX1r849e0o2_250.gif
tumblr_mmayshCfUX1r849e0o3_250.gif

the way those titles come up on the screen just like kill me. they made some shirts out of some of them. "butch queen. first time in drag."

tumblr_mcdm48Arsu1qm6uzxo1_500.gif

there is a beautiful too young child on the street at the beginning, and i'm almost obsessed with finding out what happened to him. he's like maybe 8 years old in a railroad conductor hat.
"where are your parents?"
"i don't have any parents."
"are you alone out here, on the streets?"
"i've got my brothers, my sisters."

tumblr_mvcku6BkCK1svoiowo1_500.jpg

it was harrowing and disturbing and i can basically guarantee that he's dead. was shocking and crazy heartbreaking.

here's a boss mashup of the MC (OPULENCE O P U L E N C E OPULENCE) and Azealia Banks which is sick nasty.

tumblr_mkffawqgr21qins52o1_400.gif

some new ones shot in my apartment by a dear friend:

rDquMQz.jpg

PT7B4Q8.jpg

2hePtSJ.jpg

PCxt86z.jpg

And then the beautiful photographer herself let me photograph her as well:

vPTrnCY.jpg

foNNBmg.jpg

v5yjHPA.jpg

^ those triangle shaped rings are dope. △△△ diggin the gold watch too. i once thought of a purchasing a rose gold nixon but never did.

so i am super late to the party but i finally saw "Paris is Burning" a couple days ago. WOOOOW that's one amazing movie.

it kind of makes me mad to see that popular culture stole just about every god damn thing from these really oppressed people and made it hip (looking at you, madonna). but stealing is the most flattering thing? or something?

o good to hear you saw it, amazing indeed. heartbreaking and inspiring.

so hear what ya mean about madonna. reminds me of this piece i read just the other day, "Venus X Talks Rihanna's Ghe20 Goth1k Appropriation" http://www.thefader.com/2013/11/15/interview-venus-x-rihanna-ghetto-goth-ghe20-gothi1/ i feel so conflicted :sus:

“When Madonna came out with her hit Vogue you knew it was over. She had taken a very specifically queer, transgendered, Latino and African-American phenomenon and totally erased that context with her lyrics, “It makes no difference if you’re black or white, if you’re a boy or girl.” Madonna was taking in tons of money, while the Queen who actually taught her how to Vogue sat before me in the club, strung out, depressed and broke. So if anybody requested Vogue or any other Madonna track, I told them, “No, this is a Madonna free zone! And as long as I’m DJ-ing you will not be allowed to Vogue to the decontextualized, reified, corporatlized, liberalized, neutralized, asexualized, re-genderized, pop reflection of this dancefloor’s reality!”

man, one amazing documentary. gettin chills looking at .gifs and thinking about them =/

"My dad said, ‘You have 3 strikes against you in this world. Every black man has 2… that they’re black and male. But you’re black, and you’re a male and you’re gay. You’re gonna have a hard fucking time.’ But he said, ‘If you’re going to do this, you’re gonna have to be stronger than you’ve ever imagined."

— Pepper LaBeija, Paris is Burning (1990)

there is a beautiful too young child on the street at the beginning, and i'm almost obsessed with finding out what happened to him. he's like maybe 8 years old in a railroad conductor hat.

tumblr_meit1lRPeg1qio3jlo1_1280.png

tumblr_meit1lRPeg1qio3jlo2_1280.png

tumblr_meit1lRPeg1qio3jlo3_1280.png

beautiful man, love his eyes.

couple more of the children.
tumblr_m4c4rkvxar1qa4bito1_500.gif

screenshot_01.jpg

* seriously got that mash up on repeat for last like 45min? (i lost track of time) lookin at gifs. joint is hard as fuck.

"if you choose the polyester, god help you, you know how the children are"

Last edited:
^ ya it's a good one. especially like the "new york" t-shirt he is wearing. in the scene the other kid looks at a watch and it's 2 in the morning and there are all these people just hanging out in the street. new york city, the city that never sleeps.

Last edited:
even more disturbing that the kid is no more than seriously 8 or 9, and he's out on some corner in new york city at 2am.

^ those triangle shaped rings are dope. △△△ diggin the gold watch too. i once thought of a purchasing a rose gold nixon but never did.

tumblr_meit1lRPeg1qio3jlo1_1280.png

tumblr_meit1lRPeg1qio3jlo2_1280.png

tumblr_meit1lRPeg1qio3jlo3_1280.png

Thank you :) I love my Rolex. One thing I don't think I could ever sell if shit hit the fan and I needed the funds.

Love that photo so much. Damn.

Lula magazine is over...
NSFW:
Dear loveliest lula readers,
Thank you for your loyalty and enthusiasm and love over these past 8 years. Thank you for being happy for your car to break down on the motorway for 3 hours because you had lula time uninterrupted. Thank you for naming your daughter lula. Your dog Lula. Thank you for buying champagne or macaroons or having a bubble bath when you read a new issue (more of you do these things than you can possibly imagine!) Thank you for your letters and your drawings and your gifts. Thank you for approaching me (at the airport, on the airplane, on the street, at the check out counter, at a Joanna newsom concert…) to say hello. Thank you for enjoying it so much. Issue seventeen is my last. It’s time. Lula has been changing, as I have been changing, and I don’t want her to change too much! I want her to stay as she is. And me, i want to say goodbye now when it’s all going so amazingly well. When it’s joyful.
Thank you for joining me on this adventure. And I hope you will join me for my next one: Violet will launch spring 2014.
With love and so much thanks,
Leith

it had been changing. the back issues i get off ebay are better than the new issues that have been coming out. only have four more to find before i have all 17, but they are really hard issues to get for a reasonable price. or at all. issue 11 is the best of those that i do have.

excited to see how Violet is different.

edit:
or maybe Lula is going to continue with a new editor. that would pretty much make it a new magazine. would be interesting.

Last edited:
Well, damn thats sad. I hope that you got what you wanted out of Lula.

I got a new hard drive like two pages ago and still have yet to rebuild my music library. Today I finally went through and got all the Lana. Except for the first EP and the Lizzy Grant stuff because I do not those. There are 200 hundred songs in these four albums.

2w7mx06.png

i'm going to say it and not regret it - Paradise is the best. I don't know why I bothered with the others.

It's fuck all cold here. I live in the Deep South to avoid this, but jesus lord in heaven is it cold. I've started wearing my fur coat because I have to. and not just as a status symbol.

556859_202412486609141_439927456_n.jpg

heading a department of photographers and videographers means that sometimes there are interesting photos of me. this was taken by my friend & co worker while we were going over the budget for next year. it also means that everyone's house is interesting, i wish i could show you the rest. its one of my favorite houses i've ever been in. he's a graffiti writer and has all these weird art making things in his house. but i can't show his face, alas. i'll have to sneak some photos one day.

Pander Bear says Maison Kitsune is not a fashion label first - but a mixtape house. oh. apparently they are both at the same time. interesting. i'll have to listen to some of the mixes. I don't like any of the bands on their label. ehhhh i guess hot chip was alright. i'll report back if any of their massive mixtape discography is worth listening to. there are 35 listed on wikipedia, and i'll be sorely disappointed if it's all just french house trash. blah. there are only 14 on what cd, so i'm limited by that. the sky ferreira photos aren't really that good.

yellow_dress.jpg

this one though.

tumblr_mwp8n2RrsF1r9ojiho1_500.jpg

i really wish she'd release a video for boys or 24 hours or something.

got my new teen vogue, and man, they are hard on that grimes tip. before, there was only one page. before that, a single blurb. this time, a full 6 page spread in the tiny little magazine for girls. the outtakes are good. i can't find any of them right now though. she's dressed as a ballerina the whole time.

tumblr_mwjb7aBLp21qfyjoto1_500.jpg

every third thing is "stylist's own". fuck. or custom made for claire. this post is going on to long, i have an interview at a shitty consignment STORE (well, less shitty than some places) RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO AMERICAN APPAREL tomorrow. the cruelty of this is not lost on me.

miss y'all. <3

oh and:
NSFW:

tumblr_mwfl6r2eOw1r0nhyho1_1280.png
[br]
tumblr_mwfl6r2eOw1r0nhyho2_1280.jpg

Sabine Schründer Nouvelle Vague, Purple number 4, Winter ‘99-‘00 (part of Eva-04, final year project, Tokyo 1989-1999)

anyone know more about this? i want to see all of them, so youthful and excited (or upset) like all final years are.

Last edited:
^ she looks ravishing. + bleached eyebrows.

Lula magazine is over...
looking at images i adore the whimsical, ethereal style. sounds like the right choice and move on if it was changing away from that aesthetic ?. i too am interested to see what Violet will bring to the table.
i really wish she'd release a video for boys or 24 hours or something.
ya. couple days ago i watched her new one for the title track "Night Time, My Time" it has grown on me.
Sabine Schründer Nouvelle Vague, Purple number 4, Winter ‘99-‘00 (part of Eva-04, final year project, Tokyo 1989-1999)

anyone know more about this? i want to see all of them, so youthful and excited (or upset) like all final years are.
o i saw something on pop up on the dash, you probably have as well.

tumblr_mwuisvRb8o1r0nhyho1_500.png

Veronique Branquinho and Raf Simons for Ruffo Research Autumn Winter ‘99-‘00.
photo Giasco Bertoli / Purple number 4, Winter ‘99-00.

seeing lady gaga, i was browsing some blogs and came across isabella blow stuff because of an exhibition at somerset house (http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/visual-arts/isabella-blow-fashion-galore)

Sign of the Times | The Demise of the Fashion Eccentric
good read: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/...mes-the-demise-of-the-fashion-eccentric/?_r=1

"...you don’t get many fashion eccentrics in America besides Lady Gaga, and all the Lady Gaga references I’ve seen seem to be regurgitated ‘Isabella Blow.’" -Michael Roberts (fashion director @ vanity fair)

"If you’re beautiful you don’t need clothes. If you’re ugly like me, you’re like a house with no foundations; you need something to build you up."
- Isabella Blow :\

tumblr_ljj9rppVXs1qctsvxo1_1280.jpg

the mcqueen and i documentary is on youtube in its entirety, very well done.

Last edited:

tumblr_mvcku6BkCK1svoiowo1_500.jpg

it was harrowing and disturbing and i can basically guarantee that he's dead. was shocking and crazy heartbreaking.

THE CHILD LIVES!!!!!!11111!!!

Little legendary railroad hat child LIVES! Her name is Alyssa LaPerla and she is the overall Mother of the House of LaPerla!

main.php

legendary! <3 <3 <3

Last edited:
^ looove it. what a coinky dink, i recently stumbled upon the libertine just like last week. great photos.

Little legendary railroad hat child LIVES! Her name is Alyssa LaPerla and she is the overall Mother of the House of LaPerla!
o my, that is friggin awesome! seriously delighted to hear the railroad hat child lives =)

tumblr_mxnzwwaWmu1s8in72o1_400.gif