• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

cara on the street lol

tumblr_ma5hulgHUc1qah5ozo1_500.jpg

DKNY

tumblr_ma56u8AQf91qfyjoto1_400.gif

some of that highlighter yellow

tumblr_ma3o3ciIAD1qlgf1wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ma3o3ciIAD1qlgf1wo7_250.jpg
tumblr_ma3o3ciIAD1qlgf1wo2_250.jpg

tumblr_ma3o3ciIAD1qlgf1wo5_250.jpg
tumblr_ma3o3ciIAD1qlgf1wo3_250.jpg

i love the lines, and the shoes! omg the shoes.

damn, Kenicie, you know a thing or two! i hope her blog is as cute as her wardrobe.

highlighter yellow is so in! i love it.

custo barcelona is definitely my favorite of yesterday.

lol, i read a lot of (teen) vogue. she's appeared in teen vogue like five times. they are a lot more forward thinking/risk taking than the Mommy version.

more of that yellow:

tumblr_ma41crbbYX1qlgf1wo7_250.jpg

Tracey Reese

not yellow persay but highlighters at DVF

tumblr_ma40nzrtfG1qlgf1wo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ma40nzrtfG1qlgf1wo2_1280.jpg

and omg Naomi walking the opening at Zac Posen. don't care, that bitch is still anything but basic. and i loooooooooooooved the dresses. loved them.

tumblr_ma598ghQk51qc8yajo3_500.jpg

tumblr_ma598ghQk51qc8yajo1_250.jpg
tumblr_ma598ghQk51qc8yajo2_250.jpg

crystal renn walked it too, and coco rocha closed. i can't find a nice big picture of either right now, much to my dismay.

Lindsay walked Rodarte, who said she was sitting out? or am i thinking of someone else entirely?

tumblr_ma7r7jHeBi1qbppbno1_500.jpg

AND i think all of rodarte was absolutely fucking atrocious. they were just starting to grow on me last year and now this crap.

Last edited:
^awesome. your new avatar too. from Lula!

i am yet to see rodarte, but you have me nervous, Kenickie. glad to see they are walking lindsey though. and it is daphne who is supposed to be skipping all four of the major fashion weeks this season.

i've been really busy the last few days so i have fallen behind on shows, but i am so excited to see oscar de la renta...
tumblr_maaq1alaYG1qmifsro1_500.jpg

yeah, it's a great shoot, the Lula one. nothing really to report but a few things. faking fashion LiveJournal is a great resource for huge hi res scans of foreign magazines i'll never subscribe to. cara in russian vogue, example.

LOVE the jewelry from Fallon

tumblr_maawifjySD1qfyjoto1_500.jpg

michael kors was meh. i was excited about the flapper length dresses/low waists, until i realized it looked like they were wearing coloured trash bags.

i LOVED vivienne tam.

tumblr_maaawjbTPf1qa3p51o1_500.jpg

tumblr_maallrN1mp1ro5r3no2_250.jpg
tumblr_maas7u9lat1qge9uco2_250.jpg

tumblr_maas7u9lat1qge9uco4_250.jpg
tumblr_maas7u9lat1qge9uco5_250.jpg

<3 also kiko has a new video for tam, shangri la.

tumblr_m9i3sk98en1qdovbqo1_500.gif

grimes was caught on the street at nyfw

tumblr_mabh84amMR1r7z66ao1_500.jpg

Last edited:
oscar de la renta looks great. i've never cared for him much, always feels really old lady or something. like an elizabeth taylor perfume. but his collection has very interesting textures and skirts.

tumblr_mabsez9aLJ1qe2rcwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mabsdhLfR41qe2rcwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ma9m1tlunV1qb6jeto1_500.jpg

tumblr_ma9m16whGY1qb6jeto1_500.jpg

tumblr_mab7nzCxBS1ru7nbqo1_250.jpg
tumblr_mab7nzCxBS1ru7nbqo2_250.jpg

Agree with you here. Often he's boring but with the textures here, he's totally on. top 2 dresses: retro but not too, the interesting hemlines are what make them. BTW sorry I started that "Any Fashion People?" thread, I'm new here, don't know my way around, and only after I posted did I think (duh) to do a search for fashion. anyway, sorry, and thanks. Lots of interesting stuff here. <3

I'm still on vacation in Savannah, and I went to SCADMOA today. They have an exhibition called The Total Look. I was extremely impressed. It was TOTALLY COOL. It's all Rudi Gernreich designs as modeled by Peggy Moffit and photographed by William Claxton. Gernreich is responsible for this absolutely stunning bathing suit:
NSFW:

tumblr_kzi2mxRWjx1qailtqo1_400.jpg

gernreich2.jpg

gernrei.jpg

and of course, who's on the board of trustees at SCAD? Andre Leon Talley. So he has a permanent exhibition space just for fashion. This month is Ralph Rucci, so there were 25 or so looks from his collections, including couture and rtw. just fabulous. this has been the vacation to beat all vacations.

eta: welcome new poster. i highly recommend reading the whole thread, there is so much great stuff in here! <3 <3 <3

Last edited:
meadham kirchoff! lol. it was great.

tumblr_maklxtPfKb1rosr5so1_500.jpg

tumblr_malmipX7VJ1qetrd2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_makzvtPR1W1qdts6jo1_500.jpg

aaron paul (from breaking bad) is confused by fashion (i believe prada?)

tumblr_maku2esXK61qzprlbo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_maku2esXK61qzprlbo2_r1_500.png

meadham kirchoff! lol. it was great.

tumblr_maklxtPfKb1rosr5so1_500.jpg

tumblr_malmipX7VJ1qetrd2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_makzvtPR1W1qdts6jo1_500.jpg

aaron paul (from breaking bad) is confused by fashion (i believe prada?)

tumblr_maku2esXK61qzprlbo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_maku2esXK61qzprlbo2_r1_500.png

Ha ha---! and he's with Dita von Teese on his left, and who on his right? Like his character on Breaking Bad: he does look confused.

that first outfit you posted for mead ham kirchoff is amazing! like chanel couture. can't wait to see it in an editorial. seems like the show is an interesting one, but i can't find it in full or HD. i am of the opinion that if you are not posting your shows in full and HD, your design house fucking sucks. so many shows i wanna see but will not settle for shitty, chopped videos of. blumarine, where you at?

rodarte was just as bad as you said, Kenickie. except for the heels. which are so much fun and kept the show worthwhile. speaking of, i finally got that t-shirt. wearing it right now! last year when i ordered it the ended up being out of stock. said it was done and never to reappear. but they are available through opening ceremony right now. probably for another few hours.

been watching mass shows, so it is hard to remember specifics. i should be watching them with a pad of paper for notes, but it's too hard to hold a pen and my drink at the same time. moschino is great this year. the start of the show with the stupid hats is a little slow, but when they start getting into the colors i was very impressed. even some of the blumarine-esque shine is fun. i'll be editing pics into this post at some point.

gucci was boring except for a few dresses that stood out as so much above the rest of their show. most of them being part of their green theme.

the fendi dj used Grimes! all the way through. their runway was silly fun. i think most shows start with some of the houses' weaker stuff, but in the middle fendi is pretty cool. the sunglasses are badass. they were brave and went against this year's highlighter theme and stuck with earth tones.

just finished prada. if that pic of the Breaking Bad kid making a funny face at edie is prada, it isn't ss 13. wasn't great, but i liked some of the fur floral coats. the white jumper with white trim. the last two green outfits.

moschino cheap & chic starts out looking a little too cheap, but becomes a lot of fun as the show goes on. those sneakers are good stuff. wonder how much they'll be when they become available. the music was horrible. using a band instead of a dj is always a bad idea, but even worse if the band is nasally nothing.

what up, Princess Pantopon! so glad you are joining us. stick around; this thread is it.

Last edited:
i just saw this photo and my heart is like absolutely broken

tumblr_marwjnh1081qah5ozo1_500.jpg

i miss joe so terribly right now. why didn't we ask for his number or something before he left? did he get clean? is he alive? i almost want to cry thinking about it. joe, are you out there? we miss you, a lot.

Last edited:
here are some great modeling shots of a 18 yr old Victoria Beckham

NSFW:
enhanced-buzz-wide-25424-1348662297-2.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-22414-1348661433-4.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-26152-1348662311-14.jpg

mildly offtopic but you know who also has great early modeling work? Barbara Walters. She modeled for Carven in the early 1940s when she was studying abroad in France. bitch has had a great life.