• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

dakota in rodarte:

tumblr_lzefpyCAaS1qjnb38o1_500.jpg

probably the coolest front row all nyfw:

tumblr_lze0k7OwVI1qbppbno1_500.jpg

michael pitt, kim gordon & dakota fanning at marc jacobs

kstewparis.jpg

so i assume if Karl is there it means that it's Chanel couture she's wearing? certainly looks more like the dior s/s 2012.

pretty much positive now that i've seen this shot of the dior backstage:

tumblr_lyxwncbaBw1qzffago1_500.jpg

i mean, right? i'm confident that those dresses look exactly like somehow. fuck,is this also is s/s 2012 dior?
NSFW:
tumblr_lyy448WiBe1qza84qo1_500.jpg

dior flip book:

http://en.flip-zone.com/fashion/couture-1/fashion-houses/dior-2490

joe, i have to say that i really like Band of Outsiders & Creatures of the Wind from the Fashion Fund.

i liked Band of Outsiders initally because two actors from the harry potter series modeled for them:

NSFW:
Band-of-Outsiders-Fall-2011-Lookbook-00.jpg

band-of-outsiders-fall-2011-lookbook-winter-menswear-1.jpg

band.jpg

tom-felton-rupert-grint-band-outsiders-outtakes-09202011-09.jpg

tom-felton-rupert-grint-band-of-outsiders-08312011-05-675x900.jpg

and Creatures of the Wind, well i don't know i just loved them from the instant i saw them! they are playful looking guys and fun and cool clothes. i thought it was totally appropriate that anna wintour showed up unexpectedly at their studio during the Fashion Fund.

http://creaturesofthewind.com/SS12film/

I'm sorry but what the hell was Marc Jacobs thinking?

xlarge_d14cfc817facf093819b19677ae8962a.jpg

xlarge_16fbef105f03ea5bca41060efdf92d40.jpg

xlarge_18b95cb0fe954bcf49ce13291bf3e1e9.jpg

xlarge_67db7352e5cef2f54266e02eededc562.jpg

This is just a big yuck for me.

jezebel said Marc Jacobs had two (or more) underage models walking for him, and that bothered me a lot. modeling is a fucked up industry in of itself (any factory who runs on the flesh of young girls is disturbing), but there are no protections for them, and in an industry where it's normal(???) for a model to go for a shoot and never return, it should be unsettling to anyone.

Jacobs told the Times "I do the show the way I think it should be and not the way somebody tells me it should be. If their parents are willing to let them do a show, I don't see any reason that it should be me who tells them that they can't." He offered, "There are children actors." Yes — only they have the protection of their union, and of the laws that limit their working hours and require they be given the opportunity to complete their compulsory schooling; models, especially ones who are catapulted to fame after being cast in a show like Marc Jacobs, often end up dropping out of high school because the demands of their careers.

on top of that, it's not like we could even see these girls under that mess Jacobs designed. what's the point? any interesting looking dresses are totally drowned out by the fucking absurdly huge shawl and hat number or whatever. I agree with Amor -- yuck.
NSFW:

can you tell she's 14? everyone in this show looks like they are sinking under the weight of their clothes.

2c2d64267396373b75f51697f4aec5e6.jpg

Betsy Johnson looked fun though:

00270m.jpg

00290m.jpg

00320m.jpg

00360m.jpg

and i REALLY liked the whole "American Girl" feeling at Rodarte too.

NSFW:
00030m.jpg

00040m.jpg

00150m.jpg

00170m.jpg

they used a lot of...sheepskin? wool? i have no idea what this is called, all i've seen it as is the lining of my uncles winter coats:
00270m.jpg

dislike.

liked the rest though:

00340m.jpg

00350m.jpg

I really want to lose my shit on the next person I see wearing UGG boots. I don't know why "comfort wear" has become so popular but it looks sloppy and even moreso when it's some flatfooted ho grinding the suede into the ground with her heel because there's no ankle support to keep your feet attached to the soles.

edit: like an idiot I typed up a huge edit and pressed Cancel instead of Save (*insert petition for idiotproof buttons*). Anyway, was going to add that I found an awesome Gloverall peacoat that's just my size (I mean old-school slightly-bigger comfortable size not the contemporary definition (cling-to-your-skeleton size)) which would go well with a pair of Pierre Cardin gloves I got in December and the alpaca/wool scarf I got in Prague of all places (way overpriced but I needed a scarf right then and there). Unfortunately the weather has been so mild in Toronto lately that I haven't gotten an opportunity to wear any of it. Such a shame.

Last edited:
Finally I've found a thread within BL on fashion =D

I really want to lose my shit on the next person I see wearing UGG boots. I don't know why "comfort wear" has become so popular but it looks sloppy and even moreso when it's some flatfooted ho grinding the suede into the ground with her heel because there's no ankle support to keep your feet attached to the soles.

I keeping seeing boy's wearing Ugg's and it's never a pretty site, I don't understand what possess them to wear them at all.
I see girls/women with worn down ugg's and fakes like this everyday, sorry state of affairs

Last edited:
jezebel said Marc Jacobs had two (or more) underage models walking for him, and that bothered me a lot. modeling is a fucked up industry in of itself (any factory who runs on the flesh of young girls is disturbing), but there are no protections for them, and in an industry where it's normal(???) for a model to go for a shoot and never return, it should be unsettling to anyone.

on top of that, it's not like we could even see these girls under that mess Jacobs designed. what's the point? any interesting looking dresses are totally drowned out by the fucking absurdly huge shawl and hat number or whatever. I agree with Amor -- yuck.

I saw that 14-year-old bit on Jezebel too... and the model companies DEFENDING their signing/use of the 14-year-olds in Fashion Week. Lame. It's not like I have the money for it anyway but I'd boycott Jacobs if I could afford it. ;)

ugh had a long post with pics but logged out, lost it. pfft. commence short version w/ links :D

Vivienne Westwood Red Label F/W 12.13 London = MARVELOUS.
large pics @ http://theempressofdress.blogspot.com/2012/02/vivienne-westwood-red-label-fw-1213.html

CNN's Alina Cho reports on Joan Smalls who, seemingly overnight, went from catalog model to catwalk stunner.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2012/02/16/exp-early-cho-joan-smalls.cnn

SHOWstudio: Nick Knight, Karlie Kloss, Kate Phelan for Topshop
fierceness, this video is dripping with it.

also gave Breakfast at Tiffany's blu-ray a watch the other night. man it looked great. interesting story/beef behind the The black Givenchy dress of Audrey Hepburn good piece about it @ http://onthisdayinfashion.com/?p=6315

Breakfast at Tiffany's Opening Scene
dat cut, pearls... camera angle. oh my /me faints

:D
vhX28.jpg

i know what u mean tho, the girls rockin uggs, leggings, north face jacket. ( i have multiple female family members who also rock uggs ) :\

Unfortunately the weather has been so mild in Toronto lately that I haven't gotten an opportunity to wear any of it. Such a shame.
feel u bruv, copped a timberland jacket wit the fake fur around the hood then it shoots up into mid to high 60s, i mean come on

Last edited:
ugh i had a really long post about Twenty8Twelve and then fucking bluelight. ¨©∂¨¥©¨¥†®ƒgaolis

i really like their shit.

what i'm more interested to know is --- is this really joe? is that his room? what can we learn from this picture?

vogue italia is now doing "gif previews" of their editorials, how adorable!

[nsfw for size]
NSFW:

meisel4-292611_0x440.gif

meisel3-111733_0x440.gif

meisel2-94821_0x440.gif

this one makes me think of lacey k <3

meisel1-149447_0x440.gif

what i'm more interested to know is --- is this really joe? is that his room? what can we learn from this picture?
yes x2... we learned i wear UGGs and have big feet :D
vogue italia is now doing "gif previews" of their editorials, how adorable!
wow those are the best! im heading straight to vogue.it and gonna right click save a bunch, just the task i need to ride this coffee buzz at 2am :D i noticed burberry did something similar. im hoping this sparks an animated gif trend lol that would be awesome.

521447499.gif

woops forgot to post Best Dressed: 84th Annual Academy Awards http://citizenchic.blogspot.com/2012/02/best-dressed-84th-annual-academy-awards.html

personal favorites are Kristen Wigg and Rooney Mara.

Last edited:
holy shit rooney mara was like....stunner. i love her severe black hair and red lipstick. i hope she continues to make the Dragon Tattoo movies because she's a great lisbeth.

some other really great looking people from oscar night

tumblr_m019w5brGp1qahdvgo1_500.jpg

miley you look so grown up bb!

angelina jolie, of course

tumblr_m02axjqtuO1qbd53ro1_500.jpg

NSFW:
her cover for vogue turkey
tumblr_m00t61wmQC1qz9qooo1_500.jpg

i thought christian bale was great looking last night to, never say no to black

tumblr_m01yd3HuCO1qg6ewno1_500.jpg

pharell looked great too...you know who DIDNT look great was rachel mcadams. PB and i just looked at her dress and was like -- she's wearing a hotel comforter. bad choice bad choice.

tumblr_m02092dHTV1qc4bg8o1_500.png