European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Stimulants Desbutal - "best goddamn pill there ever was"

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Read something that made me laugh out loud and made me curious about the drug too. It's from the Rick Bragg biography of Jerry Lee Lewis and Jerry mentions a type of speed he took in the 70s I think he calls "Desoxy's" - I think is another name for Desbutol - which was 5mg of methamphetamine and 30mg of nembutal. Jerry says something "We went all over the country on em. Best goddamn pill there ever was. It was speed but you had a little barbiturate in there so you could lay your head down and 30 minutes later be asleep. God A'mighty! Them motherfuckers was so good they had to BAN them".

My speed days are long behind me but that does sound like a speedheads perfect pill.

Another bit was Jerry getting busted on his private plane and them finding 13 DIFFERENT types of speed on the plane (he got off cos they couldn't prove who they belonged to).

"What did Elvis ever do apart from take dope I couldn't get?"

There's an old one from 1986. He was a hard charger, for sure...

Lewis Almost Drank Himself to Death​

“The loss of my mother and two sons got to me,” Jerry says. “I was drinking heavy. I needed a fifth of tequila just to sober up.” It was the start of a 15-year binge that nearly claimed his life. It all ended with a ruptured stomach in 1981. With this close-call, it appeared to everyone that his career was done. But someone forgot to tell Jerry Lee Lewis that.

Everybody's got to have a hobby 😁

When he overdosed it says he was sat on the couch and went "completely stiff" from his toes to his head with his pipe still in his mouth - he managed to say to his girlfriend "Honey, I do believe if you get me to the hospital within 15 minutes I'm gonna make it".

Desoxyn is stil around in the USA, it’s short for desoxyephedrine aka methamphetamine.
The pills are 5mg dextro-methamphetamine, still prescribed for AD(H)D and a certain type of obesity in the US.

Another bit was Jerry getting busted on his private plane and them finding 13 DIFFERENT types of speed on the plane (he got off cos they couldn't prove who they belonged to).
nowadays, they'd just charge everybody, pilot included.

hweno135mz851.jpg

Pentobarbital has a duration of about an hour

Meth 8 to 24 hours.

Wonder what they were thinking when they came up with this combination.

hweno135mz851.jpg

Pentobarbital has a duration of about an hour

Meth 8 to 24 hours.

Wonder what they were thinking when they came up with this combination.
Pentobarb is more than an hour. It may be an hour, if administered IV, but orally it's 5-6 hours. It's just right for smoothing out those intense come ups.
I did try some diethylbarbitone & speed and it was bloody nice; the diethylbarbitone was part of physiological buffer solution, so I liberated some!