View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Derealization theory (Must read!)

Broly

Greenlighter
I'm currently suffering from depersonalization and a little derealization. I got it from a bad shroom trip mixed with dabbing weeks after the trip. I am 2 months sober from cannabis. My symptoms are different form others but here they are :
1. I sometimes feel like i am another soul in my body
2. Where I live is pretty nice and when I drive around and see the communities and the mall , it feels like it could be a movie its so nice ( happens less often now)
3. I have really good long term memory ( i can remember events from years ago , even small ones and fee like i'm there) , but sometimes my short term memory is shitty ( always had this problem)
4. I am a scorpio and when I had heavy dr I could almost see through people and feel there intentions , I could read each persons personality and tell if they were a fake or they were cool , its really hard to explain ( I just felt so smart in every situation) and I was right about that person almost every time.
5. My dr and dp has helped me prioritize my life as far as school and tennis goes , and I just go through everyday on almost autopilot getting shit done ( Its weird and cool at the same time)
6. I still had emotions , I would still laugh at things and like things when I was heavily dp and dr ( most people say they dont which I find weird)
7. At first I liked it because It felt trippy and fun (Like a new perspective on life) and for the most part I had a deep appreciation for almost everything around me , i even went sugar free ( 1 and a half motnhs strong still) and am eating many fruits everyday.
8. I fixed family problems after the bad trip and when i was heavily dp and dr.
9. I can still focus on what people say and I have no adhd ( Heck I think I focus even better now that I hap dp) , I had that before I started tripping and havent had it since.
10. Its not as bad but symptoms from heavy dp still linger , The people one is strong but not as strng as it used to be.

So heres the thing ever since I got dp my grades have been so much better (Straight a's and b's) , my relationships with people are better ( Now a lot of people like me and I have a lot of friends) ( I was a weird ass kid with not a lot of confidence and I have a lot of confidence) , I dont judge anyone really and I am cool with pretty much everyone I meet , I handle situations at school and home better now , I used to care so much what people thought of me , with dp and dr I dont give shit , I rarely ever get tired and I have vivid dreams every night which I can remember when I wake up ( I can even remmeber the details of dreams months ago) , i connect with people a lot better. I also find history and world events very interesting.

But the thing is so many people hate this thing , and I do to sometimes because I dont know it really is kind of weird to have this intuitive ability almost like a higher consiousness , and I really want to get to the bottom of it.

Short summary : Dp and dr has helped my life TREMENDOUSLY , I have a theory it is a form of enlightenment and a spiritual journey on its on. I also have theories that experiences on dmt with other entities is that really an actual experience with them and its a form of communication with other worldy entities and possible travel to other dimensions ( Its a thought I feel should be strongly thought about and tested , But thats whole other thread I might talk about) I would love to experiment on that theory but I'm to young (16) to get stuck in that kind of a rabbit hole , cause if its true it may lead to craziness.

I'm torn on this subject and I dont know if I should try and stay strong on the recovery of dp and dr because of the benefits for me , or just stay in this "higher consioucness."( by just smoking pot again and dissolving the ego even more)

Any thoughts this is a lot to take in , all thoughts appreciated I love the opinions of fellow psychonauts.

I have a dissociative brain, which means I tend to dissociate under extreme stress. My dissociation came as a result of life experiences, not psychedelics. Your depersonalization is probably a side effect of the mushrooms, and apparently the mushroom causes both dissociation and schizophrenic type thinking. I never experienced schizophrenic stuff when taking mushrooms, and I only took just a bit. I've had schizophrenic dreams due to some serious problems in life, and weren't caused by any psychedelics, but I used to fear it, but now I welcome schizophrenic type stuff whenever I have those dreams, it's cool. Schizophrenia shuts down overactive areas of the brain that are rooted in your brain turning on you, or in things such as major fears. Dissociation results from thoughts of being physically attacked or killed. So you can take mushrooms and probably feel like a schizophrenic person with dissociative identity disorder naturally feels.

Well I have never had scizo type symptoms. Except dabbing 4 dabs of blue dream which was very weird thing indeed , which I dont want to get to. As far as I'm concerned I don't want to jump the gun and welcome schizo or derealization , I feel like they are misunderstood and culturally we just label stuff we dont understand. This universe is huge and there are so many possibilities that we can't fathom , now this is why I have these "theory's" because they may be true or not be true , as far as I'm concerned derealization I think there is more then what meets the eye as far as it being a anxiety disorder , which I do believe because I do have anxiety , I just think there is more to it then that. Im not sure if you understand derealization , but mind elaborating on the schizo dreams , give me an example?

A schizophrenic dream you feel like you are going to have a psychotic break. You're stuck in a dream, and when you first have them, they might be terrifying. Some of them, you get stuck in them, and think you're awake until you break a clock in the dream and you realize you're awake. My first schizophrenic dream I was in a mall, and I noticed that people had a ripple to their face- some of them. Well I went up to one of them, and it wasn't a real person, their head was filled with helium like a balloon although they were acting normal. Well out comes somebody and they take me away because I found out most of the people in the mall were filled with helium and thus fake. The people in charge of the mall were luring people in, real people, and the bait were these helium filled people. They took me into a movie theatre, and we were watching this movie, until I realized I saw a laser light. They were shining laser lights into our eyes, and there was no screen, just people looking into these laser lights and that made the movie. I looked around the movie theatre and there were naked girls touching themselves, but they were looking into the light. I got up and walked out. They tried to attack me, but I stole one of their guns and walked out. Walking out of the theatre, I kept a normal look and gait, and people who panicked were drug back into the theatre for more torture. Well outside it got bizarre, monster dogs dragging naked girls through the street, and then I got away and thousands of electrical cords started falling on me and I had to dodge. It went on for awhile.

But derealisation is a mild form of dissociation, but it's a type of dissociation.

Interesting stuff man , do you remember your dream every night as well? Also I think what you really are referring to is a lucid dream , can you actually control everything in your dream? Have you tried any psychedelics?

I had a schizophrenic lucid dream, and it was cool awhile back. Recently I had a schizophrenic dream, and I was a kid I think, and somebody had this toy in a jar, and it would make a tiny thermonuclear explosion. I woke up kind of child like, but I didn't like it, so I shook it off. Yeah I've taken mushrooms mostly in smaller doses, but those dreams weren't connected. When I was taking lower doses on a daily basis, I had a dream that one of my cousins was a child molestor, and he only had tufts of hair, and he was on the news raving. When I saw him at the family reunion, it was hard for me -not- to believe he wasn't a child molestor, as the dream was so real.

I had a schizophrenic lucid dream, and it was cool awhile back. Recently I had a schizophrenic dream, and I was a kid I think, and somebody had this toy in a jar, and it would make a tiny thermonuclear explosion. I woke up kind of child like, but I didn't like it, so I shook it off. Yeah I've taken mushrooms mostly in smaller doses, but those dreams weren't connected. When I was taking lower doses on a daily basis, I had a dream that one of my cousins was a child molestor, and he only had tufts of hair, and he was on the news raving like a lunatic. When I saw him at the family reunion, it was hard for me -not- to believe he wasn't a child molestor, as the dream was so real.

well I dried hundreds of those small white psychedelic mushrooms and put them in a small honey jar and just ate a spoonful. It was very dreamlike, a lower dose.

" As far as I'm concerned I don't want to jump the gun and welcome schizo or derealization , I feel like they are misunderstood and culturally we just label stuff we dont understand. This universe is huge and there are so many possibilities that we can't fathom , now this is why I have these "theory's" because they may be true or not be true "

my theory broly and if I offend anyone it's only my theory please dont take offence is that mushrooms indeed awaken you to a "higher consioucness." I know from when I have taken them I have felt all the things you describe as above. I do not believe you need prescription drugs or anything just never forget what ever you think in your head only you can decide what to believe.. when you lose the skill of choosing what you believe or disbelieve then you will become physco as the doctors call it,

You can't help it sometimes, if you become schizophrenic you become schizophrenic. It can come on extremely rapidly to, with no warning.

I believe it would and can not say I know what I'm talking about like qualified doctor, all i have is life experience :/

LMAO dude did you even read my story ,I never had any schizophrenic symptom like believing people are plotting against me , or that the tv is talking to me or any of the symptoms. I have derealization which is brought under by extreme anxiety. I do agree with you when you cant differantiate thought from reality but in my situation that is not the case , I was just creating a theory around these thoughts. I obviously know that we are on Earth and we are physically here , but I was suggesting that through higher concsiousness the states of derealization really is a steping stone to enlightenment. As far as shizo goes I think that it would be a horrible thing to have , and most of the people who have it really are thinking delusional , but in some instances they get even worse because of how society looks upon the condition. I believe strongly in mind over matter. And btw lol again at the prescription drugs , I would never touch that shit , that messes people up people badly and truely makes them psycho.

Are you for real? You want a higher level of consciousness? Then get arrested for something and say a bunch of stupid shit in jail and see where it gets you.

I'm not sure how that correlates at all..... lmao what are you trying to say?

LMAO dude did you even read my story ,I never had any schizophrenic symptom like believing people are plotting against me , or that the tv is talking to me or any of the symptoms. I have derealization which is brought under by extreme anxiety. I do agree with you when you cant differantiate thought from reality but in my situation that is not the case , I was just creating a theory around these thoughts. I obviously know that we are on Earth and we are physically here , but I was suggesting that through higher concsiousness the states of derealization really is a steping stone to enlightenment. As far as shizo goes I think that it would be a horrible thing to have , and most of the people who have it really are thinking delusional , but in some instances they get even worse because of how society looks upon the condition. I believe strongly in mind over matter. And btw lol again at the prescription drugs , I would never touch that shit , that messes people up people badly and truely makes them psycho.

I agree mate. you are very wise for your age. a quote others have said to me throughout my life... im not discrediting any of what you say.. I myself go into dazes sometimes idk what you would class this as.. mind is definatley more powerful then matter, we are here to create ourselfs into what ever we wanne be, the law of attraction comes to mind, or the theory about natural law.. you only get what you go out and find dont wait for it to drop in your lap.. read prophecy of the celestine thats a good book