View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

depth and meaningfulness

onepumpchump

Bluelighter
Today my trip buddy and I had shrooms for the second time. Our previous psychedelic experiences have been with LSD, 2CB and DMT. Our first shroom trip was 1.3 grams each of dried cubensis, which resulted in a two hour trip with really cool OEVs and a little anxiety.

This time we had 2.6 grams in a tea, this trip went differently, we both got very lethargic and parted ways early on to go curl up into our beds. The Entire trip was spent there having the most amazing deep thoughts. It felt very meaningful and I feel like it helped me sort out alot of things. For the rest of the day I was so relaxed I felt like I had just had a bath and a massage.

I've always loved acid, and the thought patterns it gives me, but to be honest, compared to mushrooms, it seems horribly superficial.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Which do you find to be more meaningful?

I wouldn't say LSD is more 'superficial' than psilocybin... I think 'unstable' would be a better description. LSD can be extremely hard to think on. The headspace is chaotic and silly and it has more of a tendency to cause racing thoughts and heightened emotions. It's a strong stimulant.
Shrooms are mellower and don't have that manic edge... for this reason I can see why many people find them more conducive to spiritual experiences. I prefer acid but it does make me feel a lot more 'loose' than any other psychedelic I've tried.

LSD has a much broader pharmacological profile than the other psychedelics you have taken and comes with different physiological and behavioural effects. It has similarities to (and can be made out of) other ergolines, which include cabergoline and bromocriptine.

Interesting, how different people experience (supposedly) the same substance in such a different way. I'd disagree with "superficial", "unstable", "chaotic and silly" (but maybe I see what you mean), "manic edge".
Yet.. I haven't taken mushrooms in the last years...

Yeah. While some people find psilocybin/psilocin sedating, a lot of people find the experience pretty confusing and anxiogenic, rather than "mellow".

ebola

They're very different. Both have offered me opportunities to reevaluate the priorities in my life and on both I've drawn similar conclusions. On shrooms I've always been a bit more passive and soft. On acid I'm quick witted and feisty. Shrooms always made me appreciate my friends more, especially the friends that were with me at the time. Acid always makes me refocus on the long term; I always come to the conclusion that I need to be better with my family and life-long friends no matter who I'm with at the time. I'm also sort of judgmental on acid, I quickly discern whether a person is influencing me in a positive or negative way and then if I discern negativity or danger I dispose of them. (by dispose I mean ditch or verbally engage in a fight with) On shrooms I'm not confrontational, so if someone is bothering me I find an excuse to leave. On acid I'm able to become whomever I need to be in any situation. On shrooms, I am who I am and so I get what I get. I've always felt like on acid I can change the world to my liking, if I can dream it then I can make it happen. (but my hopes and dreams on acid usually revolve around smoking cigarettes while I watch the moonlight) On shrooms I feel like I'm experiencing the world as it is, I cannot change it just experience it.

Those are my thoughts on that; I apologize if I was meticulous or tedious.

I find that with Psilocybin it can be quite a bit rougher so you have to go lie down and face yourself to some extent whereas on LSD (in lower doses) you can just watch the visuals and get lost in other activities rather than having to face yourself, the power of LSD really comes through when you guide the trip with your intent and meditate

I know on shrooms i couldn't be out in public that much but on LSD i could hold my shit together, yet it's not more superficial really it's just more modern and integratable into society, my suggestion is next time you take LSD, even a smallish dose, use your intention, go lay down and keep your eyes closed or meditate, and intend to understand yourself and your mind... for understanding yourself, which is the deepest most non-superficial 'thing' there is, LSD is king

Interesting responses. I think I was being a bit harsh on Lsd, at the time I was still coming to terms with how deep the trip was. I love lsd and have had great amounts of self development using it, this was just a step above what I had experienced previously.

I guess the Stimulating effect of lsd sometimes makes it harder to really tap into its powers for self exploration, at least compared to shrooms, not to mention the fact that I'm usually doing it with friends

It's so hard to pick a favourite :)

To be very general: I find tryptamines more spiritual and phenethylamines & LSD more psychological. Maybe this is what you mean by "depth" ?

For me, this leads to tryptamines being more conducive for solotrips and LSD/phens for group trips/social occasions. Althoug I do like me some (5MeO)aMT on a social occasion :)

I don't really like taking mushrooms around other people (if there tripping or not) like the OP I'd much rather be alone in bed with some music and enjoy my own thoughts for a few hours without other people projecting there experiences and psychedelic babble onto me, like 'Dude I'm so fucked right now but I think I know the meaning of life, No you don't that's just the mushrooms, now sit down and stare at your hands for an hour and leave me be I'm working through something over here' , With LSD I'm more social and enjoying interacting with others.

That is exactly what it was like Wubb! Luckily for me my best friend and trip buddy is the easiest person in the world to trip with, we almost always end up taking the same sort of trip, so we both ended up going to bed :)

Thanks for the insights everyone

In my experience I have found them both to be capable of taking you to the same depths within your consciousness. For me however, mushrooms have always been a bit more prone to providing a good ass kicking if taken for granted, regarding dosage or intent. Acid I have always found to be more forgiving and adaptable in relation to those things.

I would also have to say, that once you go above a couple of hundred Ug's worth of acid, the experience has been anything but superficial. Some of the most profound experiences of my life have occurred on higher doses of acid.