• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Depriving Iron Supply to the Virus Represents a Promising Adjuvant Therapeutic Against Viral Survival

@allone can you explain why you think this is relevant to neuroscience or pharmacology ?

my quick glance of the abstract doesn’t indicate to me any relation to the topics normally discussed in NPD. care to elaborate why you think it does?

how is it not relevant to neuroscience and pharmacology?? what is it related to then, virology? virology is part of neuroscience and pharmacology!!

Using iron chelators is an extremely dangerous balancing act. Can easily cause anemia or even death if not done in extremely controlled settings.

This paper is a review that just goes over data about other viruses such as HIV. For such a novel (and difficult to do in practice) hypothesis, I want to see experiments before putting stock into the claims.

how is it not relevant to neuroscience and pharmacology?? what is it related to then, virology? virology is part of neuroscience and pharmacology!!
True perhaps pharmacology broadly, but this forum is for discussing pharmacology of psychoactive drugs, not antivirals

And no, virology is not really “part of neuroscience”

as far as i know, viruses end up in the brain which probably makes it related to neuroscience

hence why i have been thinking of many unknown yet viruses that people might have being associated with alzheimers, depression and general brain inflammation. im pretty certain there are a lot to discover!