• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Depression still continues to ruin my life and I'm unmotivated to care

Carm16

Greenlighter
13 years later, variety of antidepressant medications, mainly cymbalta (10 years) and thousands of pounds on therapists, counsellors, alternative medicines and therapy, rigorous physical tests my doctors to determine any physical illness......still struggling with any motivation to get out of bed in the morning, only go to work because I've bills to pay but can't concentrate, living on caffeine to get myself through the day and a fairly unhealthy diet. I know I should want to help myself but I've gotten to the stage where I just want to give up.....I'm tired fighting this......I honestly don't know what to do and where to turn. I've came across niacin therapy...has anyone tried this? If so, what was your experience? I'm self employed and have to be very motivated to do my work, in the last few weeks, I've really struggled to concentrate and am on the verge of losing my clients. I could sleep all day everyday and literally don't see a way out

I have not heard of niacin therapy, can you elaborate for my benefit?

have you considered maybe you haven't been diagnosed accurately? Even though many mental illnesses operate in similar ways, treatment is wildly individual to the illness. That's what came to my mind when you said nothing has helped at all.

I stuggle with bipolar after being labeled as depressed for far too long. I wish I had the answer and solution for you, it hurts my heart because I understand your situation. Keep your head up. It gets worse and/or it gets better, either way we are stuck with one life.

omega 3 fish oils. b vitamin complex with b6 and zinc with a decent amount of b6 in it.

What kinds of hobbies/interests did you have before the depression got this bad? What were your childhood/teenage dreams?

What kinds of hobbies/interests did you have before the depression got this bad? What were your childhood/teenage dreams?

These are such important questions because I believe going back to our innocence and remembering our hopes and dreams as a child is important. It can start to stir up faith and a fire in your belly.

I have major depression and yes, it is a struggle to get out of bed, but the days I do nothing is when everything gets worst and the negative thoughts attack me all day long. Even though you don't feel like it, the only way to fight this is to get up and stay active. Start working out if you haven't been because that's like medicine in itself.

Get a book called The Power. It will help you get your brain back into a positive mindset. Depressed people usually hate to hear this, but honestly, we have to start reprogramming our brain and think ourselves into happiness. We are used to a negative recording in our head for many years. So we have to proactively fight it by replacing the negative thoughts with positive ones.

Listening to the word of God has helped me too, but if you don't want to do that, The Power helps on a universal level. Even if you start believing in the universe and all the incredible things that can change in your life with the power of love and universal law, it can really give you a new perspective and make a HUGE difference in your life. You will notice miracles happening and you will stay on a positive frequency the more you read the book and remember the messages. Good luck!

omega 3 fish oils. b vitamin complex with b6 and zinc with a decent amount of b6 in it.

I just bought some of this and am in hday 3 of taking it. It's helping.
I'm still really depressed but I was having a MAJOR depressive incident. It felt so HEAVY.
I thought, one could really die from depression. It could be lethal and I felt I was in that territory.
I still am in that territory but it has improved ever so slightly since taking the vitamins.
It does not feel quite so HEAVY and I feel like I can take a deep breath again.
I would try this and recommend it.

Hang in there. It will pass. You are not alone.
Sending you lots of love and a big hug.