• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

depression and sweating from opioids withdrawal

jasoncrest said:
I think that a lot of withdrawal symptoms you are going through are caused by the SSRI action of Tramadol too, as Tramadol is an Opioid AND a SSRI.

Almost everything that has been said in this thread applies to Opioid withdrawal; I don't know how to deal with SSRI withdrawal.

I think that the worst part of physical Opioid withdrawal will be over in maybe 72 hours; but the SSRI withdrawal can last longer.

Maybe taking a SSRI during a few days can help? Can you get Prozac, Zoloft or any SSRI? I think it's the most easy thing to get. I've never seen a doc refusing prescribing a SSRI...

You may be right, that would explain why Diphenhydramine helps me a lot (it has SSRI properties.. back when I used it to get high, I would have never thought it would help me someday with an opiates/opioids withdrawal).
Well, I spent most of the day on bed, watching TV or using the laptop. I think I started to feel a little better.
At one moment, I was feeling really normal, I thought I was already cured (yes, im a fool) so I woke up and got dressed to go out and buy some food. When I was ready to go out, the chills and sweat suddenly started, so I abandoned my idea, and went back to bed.
Now im feeling a little better again. Im thinking ordering some pizza tonight (I feel so pathetic).
At least I havent used Codeine since yesterday night.
Unrelated question: I have some Ritalin (Methylphenidate) around there, could I use it to cheer me up?

I don't think a stimulant especially ritalin would be a good idea as of yet. Id say it would be pretty bad considering your still going through acute withdrawal. More then likely you would just feel like shit, find it even harder to sleep, and lose whats left of your appetite. You want something to calm you down now not make you hyper.

It might be of use when your over the opiate withdrawals and just have the post withdrawal depression. Then it could cheer you up.

Ive also been tricked into thinking that my opiate withdrawals where over and i was back to normal. When your starting to feel better you don't notice it much when yor lying down in bed but when you get up the chills and tiredness hits you.

To the OP, be thankful those are your most noticable wd symptoms. I agree the long depresion can be the fuckin worst. But be happy if your not puking, and twitching. And did you say the First 24 hours? get ready for a long ride the fun is just begining. Fuck the coldturkey, IF you have some codine, EAT THAT SHIT!

Hang in there. You're doing really good so far. You should start to feel better soon, in a couple days you should be able to go out and function somewhat normally. It might take a long time for you to get back to your "normal" self. The lingering effects from withdrawal can last for quite a while. Things like depression, anxiety, and even some physical effects like muscle soreness, occasional diarrhea, etc. can take well over 5 days to go way. Personally I would avoid stimulants because the comedown from them can suck. Most people agree that stims are a bad idea during acute opiate withdrawal, however there are a few people who still can enjoy stimulants to some extent while going through withdrawal. It's just a matter of preference.

i feel you man. I'm going through minor opiate withdrawals right now too. i got mostly restless legs and haven't gotten much sleep for a few nights so far. damn.

Well, im a lot better now. I can go out and have returned to work, actually typing this from the office.
I still have some mild chills, and still sweat a little when walking on the street, but its bearable.
I want to thank you guys for posting in this thread, you really helped me a lot in the painful detox proccess. I want also to mention that Diphenhydramine has proved to be an awesome drug for the withdrawal; as someone said in this thread, the SSRI effects, the antihistamine reaction, and the sedative properties of the drug, made those depression thoughts, chills and sweats a lot less painful.

Now I just wonder how much will it take for me to return to opiates/opioids...

throw your codeine away when you get home. Its the only way you'll be able to stop your cravings for it

Congrats on slogging through most of your WD's, delphinen. However I still have a little bit of advice to offer. For the night sweats, I have found that it helps to point a fan directly at me at full blast while I'm sleeping, and just use a sheet to cover with. This might be kind of cold, but if you can get to sleep it helps a lot and you don't wake up nearly as soaked.

As far as amphetamines go... these things (adderalls, don't know about ritalin) will completely knock out withdrawals for a few hours. The benefit is that it isn't an opiate, so you're not lenghening your WD process. The down side is that coming off of an amphetamine high sucks, especially when going through withdrawals. However, I have used adderall to help with WD's before. I look at it like this... I'm going to feel like shit, with or without the adderall. If I can feel really good for a few hours a day, I'm all for that.

It's also been mentioned in this thread and other threads that loperamide is very helpful for WD's. I couldn't agree more. When going through acute withdrawal (similar in intensity to what you described delphinen) high doses of loperamide, for me, is a godsend. I will take 12 mg every 30 minutes or so to an hour, until I have taken about 50-60 mg. It will almost completely knock out most withdrawals, to the point of making me feel pretty normal, and almost 'good'. I guess I'm lucky that I don't suffer any ill effects from loperamide whatsoever in high doses... no stomach cramps, no constipation, no 'tangled guts'.

Good luck on your continuing detox.

A proper taper is truly the key to a relatively painless withdrawl. But you want a little pain (theres benefit in having that), but not too much. You'll know when your pretty much withdrrawn, as you'll almost cream your panyz just thinking about it. Its actually a bit annoying.

Try to wait until you cannot stand it and take HALF of whatever dose you normally get high on. TAPER?
That will put you out of horrible pain - but you wont be high or satisfied.
Then tomorrow wait till you cant stand it and take HALF of whatever you did yesterday.
This will lead you to quit and stay sorta content, compaired to total cold turkey. Your just not prepaired if you try to cold turkey - IMHO folks.

However Goodluck man hang in there - if you prove me wrong we can drink a few beers and try to find some tight pussy.

Weed and/or Beer never hurt if its bad.

sarbanes said:
A proper taper is truly the key to a relatively painless withdrawl. But you want a little pain (theres benefit in having that), but not too much. You'll know when your pretty much withdrrawn, as you'll almost cream your panyz just thinking about it. Its actually a bit annoying.

I can just say that when I finally quit my almost 2 years of snorting black tar heroin I just said THANK FUCKING GOD. There are so many better drugs that once they run course wont make you sick and wanting more.

Ectasy was a drug where the next day or two almost was like a nice little dream and life was at peace. It left me but I was totally fine to be sober for the next 2 days to just relax and see where god takes me"" to quote Herold and Kumar.

I just said enough of drugs where they suck so bad - after finally getting off the god shitty poppy plants. :X

^ I wish I could share your views. To me opiates provide the best, most consistent high and I find myself going back to them time and time again. The pain of withdrawal doesn't seem to be enough to keep me away. The death of my best friend from opioid overdose wasn't enough to make me quit. I am addicted because I really think opiates provide the best high. Withdrawal fucking sucks, but drugs like tramadol and kratom are still legal and they can help a lot when you need to quit. I also agree that anti-histamines can help a lot, as do benzos.

On a side note, MDA/MDMA are good too, they just aren't consistent enough and you can't get the same great high from them every time you dose properly. The set and setting matters a lot even with the pure MDMA for me. I guess I've suffered a little, "loss of magic." These days I prefer MDA over MDMA. I don't normally hallucinate from MDA either, it just feels like stronger MDMA to me.

If I was you I would try a slow taper rather than cold turkey....if at all possible(a supply and will power). Tapering will slowly allow your body to adjust to the sudden lack of opiates. You will still encounter some very mild withdrawal symptoms but if you keep yourself busy they could be hardly noticable.

The sudden stopping of opiate abuse as your finding out will produce some very uncomfortable physical symptoms such as feverish feelings, stomach cramps, restless legs(arms), anxiety, loss of hunger, bone pain, joint pain, chills, vomiting, depression, loss of pleasure. Most of these usually disappear withing four to six days(depending on the half life of the opiate in question). The depression could last somewhat longer...varies from person to person and strength of opiate.

I would taper and get a supply kit and keep yourself busy and your mind off of opiates.

Some things that can help during withdrawal.

Vitamins
Rhodiola rosa
Tyrosine
immodiuom
exercise
video games
reading
good tv shows
a very supporting partner
anti-anxiety pills

The biggest thing for me was a gradual taper with the use of xanax. I tapered down my opiate usage and at night would take some xanax to aide in anxiety control and the help of sleep(Do not stay on this for a long period as you can become addicted to these). I also had to cut ties with some people, I joined the gym, picked up some extra shifts at work, and reopened old relationships that I cut due to my habbit.

Its a very hard ordeal to overcome..its not going to be easy at all. If you dont succeed the first time..dont seat it..most dont. It will probably take you a few attempts to actual quit for good. Dont get to hard on yourself if you cant just kick the habbit. It took you awhile to acquire this habbit and will take some time to right yourself and feel normal again without opiates.

It took me a good month to feel normal again after I quit my hydrocodone. The physical part ended within a few days(about 4-6) but the lack of pleasure from anything and depression lasted. As time passes and you start to take your mind off of the opiates and mental state...the bles will fade away. The less you think about it the better it becomes.