• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates Delta8

crazyhairman

Bluelighter
Hi did you know that they considered delta8 a schedule 1 substances in Washington state.

I just thought that was really lame. That type of behavior id expect from Kansas or Idaho.

It's not cannabis, but it's not exactly a rc either. So I wasn't sure where to put this thread.

Yeah, it's banned in quite a few states even though it isn't federally regulated. It's been great for people in non legal states, I mean it takes more to get high but you can still get just as high. Out in Nebraska where a lot of my relatives live, smoke shops that sell delta8 secretly sell delta9 carts if you ask about it. I'd assume this is pretty common in other states, but then again, black market carts exist for both delta8 and delta9 so you'd have to be sure they're either imported (the d9s) or safe vendors for the d8. Lots and lots of fakes out there for d8 in particular.

Legal cannabis states were the first to ban it. It's competition on what is essentially the exact same plant but the hemp industry is giving the cannabis industry a run for its money.

The upcoming and most likely delayed Farm Bill attempts to correct much of the confusion and contradictions going on between these two industries. Some states definitely over regulate their legal cannabis and I won't be surprised when this happens to hemp products as well. Both industries do need regulations for similar reasons however some states will undeniably do it better.

We do have a basic regulation of hemp products in several states already even without Federal oversight. It's working, but the government wants some of that billion dollar industry money and they will attempt to take it one way or another.

Since the 2 differ only in the position of one double-bond, I'm almost certain that ALL D9 extracts will contain D8. Certainly it naturally occurs in the plant as a minor constituent of the large mixture nature endows the plant with.

The USA is a mystery to me. Nowhere else would even attempt to control a compound that is legal the moment you inch over an invisible, unwatched, uncontrolled boarder.

But then the UK is even worse. Economy in tatters, inflation through the roof and EVEN official Home Office estimates suggest it would produce £4.7 billion/annum in duty and taxation and create 6500 jobs. It's merely that the elderly (who are the MOST likely to vote) were brought up when 'drugs' were the byword for evil and they swallowed the whole lie in a single bite.

I'm guessing that in 10-12 years time even the elderly will recognise that cannabis is less harmful than alcohol and tobacco, that it isn't a 'gateway drug' (tobacco has repeatedly shown to be the largest gateway drug by far) and that if people have to resort to criminals to acquire a smoke, they are much more likely to be offered much more hazardous drugs.

Sorry to whine but it's going to be MY generation that recognizes this and will only matter when we start drawing our pensions,

For the same reason Δ8 is legal we also have several states we legally buy Δ9 flower and extracts (regular weed). The reason why it's legal is because it's hemp derived and not cannabis. Which means nothing really.

My current line up is Δ9 flower, Δ9 diamonds and Δ8 edibles and they are all hemp derived. 100% legal to buy in many states at the moment.