• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals Delta-8 THC? Anyone tried it?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Just curious, I can't really smoke weed these days as I get extremely paranoid and introverted, but I heard Delta-8 edibles are a bit less intense?

Yeah it does work pretty ok. Less anxiety than edibles, less weirdness, also a bit less enjoyable. But definitely less anxiety. And it makes me hungrier than delta 9 THC. A little speedier too. It can cause anxiety but not as much. I have definitely taken too much and have regretted it. It feels like 1/3 to at most 1/2 the strength of delta 9 THC.

I've used a lot of cannabis over my 11 or so years of active pot smoking, and I really do enjoy the delta 8 flower I have tried so far

The effect is much more like an entactogen than regular high THC weed.

Zero paranoia.

just pleasant warmth and a lucid appreciation for the present moment.

It reminds me of the weed I used to get around 2010, which admittedly wasn't the most impressive to show off to company but was a much more mellow sort of experience

Nothing against that mindfuck of a good time that is available with "dank" street weed, it's just nice to know there's a softer option without the unholy rush and mental load I now associate with THC-9

Morning envy for those that can get this.

The only other Cannabinoid available to me besides the synthoid's, which should be avoided like the plague, is THC-4. But that seems not all that. i envy the states with their weird rules making this possible to be sold openly and legally.

Morning envy for those that can get this.

The only other Cannabinoid available to me besides the synthoid's, which should be avoided like the plague, is THC-4. But that seems not all that. i envy the states with their weird rules making this possible to be sold openly and legally.
It's absolutely rad

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying this current bizarre gray area

I think D8 edibles pack quite a donkey punch. The vaped or smoked d8 is more subtle, and relatively short lived. The edibles, however, really are something. Far less anxiety, little to no paranoia, and really easy to navigate when compared to a similar dose of THC edibles. I think that overall, d8 is a gem. Can hit hard, but I find the edibles much more functional overall when you find your proper dose. 30 or 40 mg can smack pretty hard with no tolerance.

I think D8 edibles pack quite a donkey punch. The vaped or smoked d8 is more subtle, and relatively short lived. The edibles, however, really are something. Far less anxiety, little to no paranoia, and really easy to navigate when compared to a similar dose of THC edibles. I think that overall, d8 is a gem. Can hit hard, but I find the edibles much more functional overall when you find your proper dose. 30 or 40 mg can smack pretty hard with no tolerance.
I took 75 mg with some tolerance+ 6 mg of delta 9, and I was uncomfortably high for 12+ hours, I could not stop eating

I actually get quite a bit of anxiety off of delta 8 stuff, and I find the high like a weaker Delta 9, not worth the risk of having a bad time.

Interesting reading other's experiences here though