Admin Attention Deletion of all my posts and accounts please

^ really? If you're have a broadband connection, what's to stop them from just contacting your ISP and finding out what sites you've frequented?

I was half-joking, as the 35-pass Gutmann is overkill and I am aware they (whoever "they" are) can contact the ISP in find the history of site visits. :D

Hi smackcraft,

I'll also point out that you have been a solid contributor having started close to 50 threads and made over 2,000 posts in the last 2 years. Deleting it all at once would significantly damage the coherency of hundreds of threads never mind the ones that you started which would just disappear. Although BL might be handle to losing all trace of just you, if we allowed this to occur regularly the site's archives would become unreadable.

Of course there are all the other more idealist but still completely concrete reasons to not facilitate this option as well.

Unfortunately it is hard to manually delete all your own posts and threads, once they get locked your beat.

I think BL should offer account deletion with total post removal for a "donation".

I would certainly entertain that sort of notion, especially if one is going through legal or personal issues, where cleaning up is a prudent course of action.

^ We have said before, we will only delete threads that the OP cannot delete due to them being closed.

When people register we do specify that we do not delete accounts or delete their posts for them. We constantly encourage people to not reveal to much about themselves and even intervene at times to stop posting of information that identifies them like phone numbers and email.

Many people have deleted all their posts and gotten staff to delete their posts in locked threads only to be back in short order in a new account posting away again-then it has even happened that they went through another period of wanting to delete their posts again. No, No, NO! We want do it. I have to many other things on Bluelight that I am behind on. To many people regret having deleted their posts.

Until they have deleted all the posts they can on their own I don't even want to hear about it.

i really do not wish to have to inform police that i have been using a bloody drug thread and incriminate my self

I'm honestly not sure why you need to inform police that you've been on BL. Or even why it would be a problem. There's nothing illegal about reading about drugs. And with our policy on not actually naming vendors, you can get more information about buying drugs from newspapers than here. If you wipe the information off your hard drive, then surely there's no way the cops could find it. Even if they contact your ISP, they've got no way of finding out your user name. Just tell them you used to browse the site, but never read it.

I hope things go well for you, whether here or elsewhere.

I understand the rules of BL but I really think It would be a great idea if a button was introduced to the user control panel so a user may have his username removed from all of his/her posts and threads. The username could be replaced with a generic Jane Citezen or Former Member or something.

Coding for such a thing is simple.

^Yes, in fact Bluelight had such a feature at one time called autobahn/autoban. There was probably more than a few reasons the feature was done away with but I know one of the big ones. People who autobahned themselves were often back in quick order, sometimes even begging that their posts be restored.

People with a desire to leave end up leaving all the time. If I say an announced departure often contains some dramatic intent that could be more about the announcement than an actual departure would you believe me?

No matter how we got here it is still our policy that we neither delete accounts nor delete posts that members can delete themselves. Honestly, I swear humans will beg to be deleted than beg to be undeleted and it could become a full time position if anyone wanted to walk around with a stick with a star on the end saying "bluelighter" "not a bluelighter" "bluelighter" "not a bluelighter". Few staff members have worn the ban fairy tiara very well or if they did look good they have tended to quit on the first day.

^Yes, in fact Bluelight had such a feature at one time called autobahn/autoban. There was probably more than a few reasons the feature was done away with but I know one of the big ones. People who autobahned themselves were often back in quick order, sometimes even begging that their posts be restored.

Yeh I could see this being annoying but I guess you could have a disclaimer/warning appear when they press the button detailing the consequences, and then ignore/deny such requests.

People with a desire to leave end up leaving all the time. If I say an announced departure often contains some dramatic intent that could be more about the announcement than an actual departure would you believe me?

I don't understand what you mean in this sentence sorry. Is this saying, people who leave will create many accounts and keep leaving causing a state of disorganisation of threads and posts?

No matter how we got here it is still our policy that we neither delete accounts nor delete posts that members can delete themselves. Honestly, I swear humans will beg to be deleted than beg to be undeleted and it could become a full time position if anyone wanted to walk around with a stick with a star on the end saying "bluelighter" "not a bluelighter" "bluelighter" "not a bluelighter". Few staff members have worn the ban fairy tiara very well or if they did look good they have tended to quit on the first day.

I totally agree. I just think there should be some system implemented to make it easier for users to delete/anonymise their posts.

I totally agree. I just think there should be some system implemented to make it easier for users to delete/anonymise their posts.

There is...each user can just search for more posts by their username and delete them that way, and then PM the moderator of a forum if a thread is closed and asked politely, and 99% of the time the mod will honor your request (I know I often do.) And, we are all anonymous, that's the point of BL. You can post under "anonymous" if you'd like, but part of picking a user name which none of your in real life folk will guess is part of becoming a BLer. I also use an email address which doesn't connect anything to me. All of this helps you stay anonymous, plus you can easily delete your own posts in an open thread.

Me said:

Oxycondone said:
I don't understand what you mean in this sentence sorry. Is this saying, people who leave will create many accounts and keep leaving causing a state of disorganisation of threads and posts?
I think people who are through with Bluelight are through. They don't log in again and we don't see them again. If they get BL related emails they might come back and adjust their settings. Some people start out with the agenda of wanting their posts deleted but in the course of helping them the real thing is they have a grievance they wanted addressed. I recognize this because as ashamed as I am to say it I am a tantrum throwing pseudo-quitter. Will I admit this to myself in real time, no. That is part of the syndrome. Are there legitimate reasons for quitting? Just about every thing worth has some reasons for stopping or minimizing.

The need to leave without a trace? Google cache and wayback machine and other archivers pretty much make this impossible. Sad but true.

So what I meant there is I think some people want recognition of their quitting more than they really need to annihilate their posts.

^ Ah ok that makes sense to me now. Good point to.

@Purple Cloud - Don't you think it would be very time consuming and finicky for a user such as smackcraft to manually go through and edit delete 2,128 posts? Would be nice to have a few options to make the process easier for those folk.

^ Ah ok that makes sense to me now. Good point to.

@Purple Cloud - Don't you think it would be very time consuming and finicky for a user such as smackcraft to manually go through and edit delete 2,128 posts? Would be nice to have a few options to make the process easier for those folk.

Yes it would be an easier process, but that means people in a drug induced paranoid state would end up wiping their accounts too easily. There's a reason its difficult. And if the user doesn't want to delete that many posts manually, none of the moderators are going to take that much time away from their moderator responsibilities. If a user is dead serious about being gone from BL forever, he will delete a large number of posts. Essentially, the harder it is for BLers to wipe themselves from BL, the more likely it is they won't do it when they're really fucked up either.

ok i was told that each member is allowed one name change through out their time here at BL

You are mistaken; each moderator is. Each member is allowed zero name changes.

why is it so hard to do so ?

The admins have more going on than the simple concerns of a single Bluelighter. If every single Bluelighter had the power to demand the admins do this, that, etc. - we wouldn't get anything accomplished here at Bluelight whatsoever.

You have the power to delete each and every single one of your posts one by one. As long as they aren't unapproved, archived, etc.

The need to leave without a trace? Google cache and wayback machine and other archivers pretty much make this impossible. Sad but true.

This is very true.

Websites that have been closed/shut down are still on the web because of internet caches like Google's. This is what makes me LOL when people get their panties in a bundle over a website, it's like, it's already permanent and it's not going to be deleted. You can delete the non-cached version but what difference does it make? None? Exactly.

Last edited:

Websites that have been closed/shut down are still on the web because of internet caches like Google's. This is what makes me LOL when people get their panties in a bundle over a website, it's like, it's already permanent and it's not going to be deleted. You can delete the non-cached version but what difference does it make? None? Exactly.

This lol.. If "they" whoever "they" are really wanted to find out what you were posting, it wouldnt matter if you deleted all your posts, they still could find them. Anyone who follows the rules and doesnt post there contact info in the forums and isnt talking about the huge shipments of drugs they did or didnt sell, really has no realistic reason to need there history on this site wiped clean

wow how can someone use this site o much and not know the rules im a newbie and have seen alot of post from smack craft. cmon man first thing i did was read the rules.