Technical Problem Deleting subscriptions of threads which have been merged complications.

amapola

Bluelight Crew
Was subscribed to a thread and it was merged into a mega thread. It showed up as new and moved under my "new subscribed threads" in User CP. I attempted to view it and then delete it using the little "unsubscribe" hyperlink. After taking me to the confirmation page and me accepting it returned me and the subscription remained in my new threads. I tried several times and logging in and out. Eventually I went to view all threads, selected the checkbox and "delete selected threads" which removed it.

edit: sorry if this is already a documented bug/feature.

I'm not fully following what you're trying to communicate.

So, I did some testing.

1. Subscribe to a thread (in thread, pull down Thread Tools -> Subscribe to thread), it gets added to your subscribed threads list in your UserCP. Cool, works as planned.
  2. Your subscribed thread gets merged into another thread, your UserCP subscribed threads list updates to reflect the new parent. Cool, we don't lose the content from our subscriptions when it's moved.
  3. Anything your subscribed to, if the thread gets deleted the subscription is removed from your UserCP list and you have no idea it's gone. Boo, but not much we can do about that.
  4. Anything you are subscribed to, the only way to unsubscribe that I can see is from your UserCP Subscribed Threads Listing, where you checkbox it and say "Delete Subscription" in the pulldown at the bottom right of the screen. This works as advertised, yay.

I'm not sure I follow your bug/feature - in that I don't see any hyperlinks for unsubscribe as you mention? :\ And the one I can find does what it's supposed to.